❄ WoodwitchOfSuburbia ❄

❄ LIGHTSABER REVIEW SHOP ❄ (CLOSED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

REVIEW 003

WoodwitchOfSuburbia | FLASHING LIGHTS

REVIEWED BY CamilleVendetta



Title: 5/5

I personally love the title.
I feel like it captures the story well, despite not really knowing the story all that well yet.
I have no idea whether or not it's original, I'm not going to search for it, but I feel like your title is a wise choice for this story.

Description: 7/10

Your poster is amazing and it reminds me of a real book cover. Just - to get that out of the way. I really love it. Your gif-picture summary (or whatever it is) is pretty amazing as well. You really had me on those two.
Your description in itself is also quite nice. You captured the story and you actually made it seem exciting. I was really feeling this upper-class AU with them as rich heirs and I don't think a lot of authors actually manage to grasp the feelings on the upper-class in their description. So A+ on that as well.
But I think your authors note or whatever it is, is too long. It really put me off. I know you probably wrote the whole 'you can change canon' in order to hopefully engage your readers but I don't think it works the way you want it to. I - as a reader - am here to read your story, I want you to create it. There may be things I dislike but I don't want to hold power over the author - and you make it seem as if I do. Knowing that you're a Taekai shipper and not a Sekai shipper is irrelevant as well.
I'm not saying that you shouldn't put an authors note, I do it all the time. Just don't tell your readers everything. If you've never written Sekai before just say that. If you want readers to engage tell them that you would love to hear what they think of your story and the characters, but don't tell them they have the power to change the story. And don't tell your readers that the story is not "your baby". I understand the feeling, there's always one story that means so much more - but your readers don't need to know that. It's more off-putting to know. Telling your readers that you appreciate them is absolutely alright though!
So yeah - I think you could definitely change your authors note so it becomes a little more positive, but your story description and your graphics are wonderful!



Plot: 15/30

I don't think your plot has really started yet to be honest. I feel like it's still beginning and therefore I find it hard to actually judge your plot. All I know now is that they've moved together, I know they both have issues with their families (fathers in particular) and that's about it. Kai just recently met Taemin (which by far is my favorite scene) and we've only recently been introduced to Sehun's buddy (?) relationship with Alex.
But despite not really feeli
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter