According to Google

My Number One Fan

A/N: this chapter’s pretty light and fluffy, but at least i updated quickly! taemin’s redemption is coming real soon i swear (and isn’t minho a little fluff ball) enjoy guys <3

Sitting alone in the wide expanse of their lounge room, Kibum’s mother simply stared at a blank wall in silence, not quite sure about what she had discovered just moments ago. If Jonghyun wasn’t a student at Kibum’s school, and he wasn’t in the same history class as her son, then what exactly was he? Perhaps a past student that Kibum had been friends with? It wasn’t totally uncommon for friends of different year levels to be friends, after all.

The woman shook her head. That couldn’t be it. The fact that Kibum had to lie to her about who Jonghyun was in the first place immediately proved to her that it wasn’t as simple as that. Harsh lines appeared around her eyes from frowning so much, but although she looked deep in confusion and thought, Kibum’s mother couldn’t find it within herself to be angry. She had met Jonghyun, she had held a light conversation with him – he was a lovely boy. He made Kibum laugh louder and with more joy than anyone else ever had, and even though she refused to acknowledge that inkling at the bottom of her gut, she still understood that Jonghyun was very important to her son.

Kibum had lied. And Kibum had been in the wrong. But even though Kibum’s mother really should have been mad at her son, she simply wasn’t. Her gaze flittered towards a nearby picture frame on the mantelpiece, and lingered on young Kibum’s beaming, beautiful smile. Back in those days, she recalled, Kibum had been an outgoing, playful and loud child, always flaunting around the house and making friends with the other children so easily. Nobody judged each other when they were that young. If you talked to someone, you were friends, and if you didn’t, then you weren’t.

Elementary school was when the teasing had begun. Mostly name calling, back then. She remembered the day all too clearly when Kibum had hopped in the car after school with tears streaming down his cheeks.

‘Nobody wants to sit with me anymore and I don’t know why!”

It wasn’t really until middle school when both her and her son begun to understand. Her husband and her both knew of the rumours. How could they not? But Kibum’s bright, lively personality had begun to dampen over the years, as had his flamboyant fashion. He didn’t really have many friends either, but Mrs Kim had been so caught up on how well Kibum’s grades were doing that she never really found the time to try and cheer him up. Instead, her husband’s internalized homophobia had begun to be spoken aloud – perhaps in reaction to Kibum’s bullying, she didn’t really know. After all, what better way to stop the bullying than by stopping the thing that’s causing it?

Seemingly though, his methods of getting his son back to how he used to be really weren’t working at all, and instead Kibum was being pushed back into his shell to remain hidden. But despite how obvious it was to see that Kibum’s bubbliness was fading, her husband wasn’t halting his lashes of homophobia in the slightest. She tried not to see it but nonetheless she could easily observe how harshly it affected her only son. Certainly, she wasn’t really for homouality. It made her stomach feel a little off and it definitely didn’t match up with her standards of what was morally correct. But this was her son they were referring to here. A smart, beautiful, outspoken boy who had felt the need to lie to her, his mother, in order to protect himself. Did he really feel that unsafe in his own house?

Kibum’s mother was vaguely aware of the wetness accompanying her cheeks but simply chose to ignore it, allowing herself to be swept away by her raging thoughts. She had to get ready for work (it was a late shift this time), but for now, was perfectly fine with crying her eyes out and reflecting on how awful a mother she had been over the years.

Although it was kind of tempting, Minho made sure to ignore the call of the dance studio as he strolled straight past it at lunchtime, knowing that the lonely figure of Taemin would tug at his heartstrings much too harshly. He’d made his decision, and he knew that he had to leave Taemin alone until the younger personally recognized where he’d been wrong and apologized directly. Sure, Taemin had been going through some tough stuff of his own lately, but that didn’t make up for all the horrible things he’d implied the day prior.

And so instead on that particular day, Minho set off on the lookout for Kibum, not really knowing quite where to start. First, he went past the shady tree the three of them had sat under around a week ago, but wasn’t at all surprised to see that Kibum wasn’t there. After all, wasn’t this the same place he’d been confronted by Shindong after Taemin and he had gone to the toilet? With that section of the school crossed off the list, Minho could only wander aimlessly, trying to think of anywhere possible that Kibum might sit. And that was when a lightbulb suddenly went off in his head, at the same time eliciting a bright smile to spread across his small, handsome face.

Amber.

Of course he’d be sitting with her – Minho scolded himself for not realising earlier. He made his way over to where her group usually sat whistling a happy tune, both gleeful at the prospect of finding Kibum and being able to sit with Amber (who he may or may not have had a slight crush on). Kibum’s head was downcast when he approached, and Minho felt his face screw up in concern. Was this the result of something Taemin had said, or just the group he was sitting with? Minho supposed he was about to find out.

It came as a surprise to the whole group when he sat down happily in between Kibum and Amber, but especially to the former of those two. Kibum’s face lit up in a positive sort of astonishment and a slither of disbelief, and Minho understood the unspoken question in his gaze. Why aren’t you sitting with Taemin?

Minho shrugged with a light smile. “We got into a little argument, but it’s nothing for you to worry your little head over. He’ll come back to his senses in a few days.”

Nodding, Kibum allowed the first genuine smile of the day to paint his face, dimples protruding gently into his cheeks. “I sure hope so.” he muttered to himself, which thankfully wasn’t overheard by his friend who now seemed too entranced by his conversation with Amber. Kibum rolled his eyes. Is that what a drunk little kiss does to some people? Infatuate them? Leave them wanting more?

Inwardly, Kibum laughed. Amber must’ve been a darn good kisser then, because he certainly didn’t find his tomboy friend very attractive. Or maybe that was just the gay in him talking. Kibum nodded. That was probably most definitely the gay in him talking. His train of thought however, was suddenly broken by a vaguely annoying song sounding from beside him.

“Amber is a llama.”

“A llama is Amber.”

“Amber Llama, llama Amber, llama-ste! OH! Llama-ste! OH! Llama-ste!”

Wide eyed, Kibum stared at the pair of soccer players in distaste. How was it that his two friends could be such dorks? Everyone in the circle seemed to go quiet, before all of a sudden, Kibum included, they all burst out into a fit of laughter. Mentally, Kibum thanked Minho for deciding to come and sit here with him and Amber instead of with those soccer cronies, deciding once and for all that sitting with Amber’s group definitely wasn’t horrible.

Alone in the dance studio, Taemin stared at the door, half expecting Minho to walk in like usual bordering an expression between ecstatic and stoic but also knowing deep down that he wasn’t going to be eating there today. Sighing, Taemin looked at his hands. After a long night left with merely his thoughts and Minho’s eye opening words, Taemin had half-acknowledged just how hurtful his actions towards Kibum had been. But…would the older boy really forgive him? Would Minho?

He pouted angrily. According to google, hanging out with gay people didn’t make you gay. Supposedly if you thought that was the case, chances are you were gay already. But deep down, Taemin knew he wasn’t. Or biual for that matter. It just wasn’t him. He wasn’t attracted to Kibum, or Jonghyun, or any of the other students at their school bar Kai and Minho. But if he was being really honest with himself, he didn’t like any of the girls either. Taemin buried his face into his hands and screamed. This was all just too confusing and overwhelming. So instead of pondering for any longer, Taemin instead hurriedly finished his food before trudging over to the large speakers by the corner of the room. After all, what better way to release steam than by exercising?

Kibum’s mood had risen considerably over lunch break, and despite the fact that much to his chagrin he had to walk home, he still found himself smiling wistfully as he trudged. A vibration rang in his pocket, and Kibum pulled out his phone only to smile even wider at the caller id.

‘<3 Jonghyun’

“Hey Jjong!” Kibum greeted with a wide smile after answering the call.

Jonghyun seemed to be breathing heavily on the other side, and Kibum could sense the panic in his boyfriend’s voice already. “Jonghyun?” he spoke again, feeling his own throat tighten instinctively in fear.

“Hey, Kibum. Are you home yet?” came the older male’s voice, and Kibum could make out Seodam’s frantic voice on the other end.

“Tell him I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry!”

Confusion ran thick through Kibum’s veins but he answered the question nonetheless. “No, nearly though. Why? What’s wrong?”

“Um…I don’t know if your mum’s home right now but something happened today. When I was out grocery shopping with Seodam.”

Kibum’s eyes widened. “Something happened to my mum?”

“—No! God no…Your mum is fine. It’s just that, w-well…Seodam didn’t mean to and she’s really sorry b-but your mum came up to me today and asked why I wasn’t at school. And Seodam was just so surprised, the words kinda just slipped out, y’know? She told your mum I was twenty one, Kibum.”

The student’s breath hitched in his throat and all of a sudden his legs just stopped moving beneath him. He stared at his house in the distance with fearful eyes, looking the driveway up and down for any sign of his mother’s car.

Jonghyun’s voice spoke softly in his ear again. “Kibum? Is everything okay? Do you need me to pick you up?”

“Kibum!” came Seodam’s muffled voice, followed by a loud whack. “Lemme talk to him, you idiot!”

“Hi, Kibum!” her voice was louder now, and it was clear to tell she had gained dominance over Jonghyun’s phone despite the singer’s loud protests in the background. “I am so, so sorry! I seriously didn’t know, I swear. And if I can make it up to you, I will do anything! You’re okay, right?”

Kibum’s breaths were loud but he managed to compose himself for a few seconds in order to say something in response. “I-It’s fine, Seodam. I know you didn’t know…It’s probably my fault anyway so don’t worry about it.” He paused for a few seconds to squint at his house once again. “A-And um…tell Jonghyun that he doesn’t need to pick me up. My mum’s left for work already.”

“Alright, Kibum, but only if you’re sure. If you need us at any time just call or come over alright? I’ll even personally go to your house and tell your mum that I was drunk and got Jonghyun mixed with the guy on that mattress commercial.”

Quirking a smile at that one, Kibum couldn’t prevent the loud snort from escaping his lips. “Okay, okay…I’ll be sure to hold you to that, Seodam. I’ll be going now!”

“Okay, wait! Just lemme put Jonghyun back on or he’s going to murder me. Here we go—“

“—Kibum! Positive everything’s okay?”

Kibum giggled slightly at his boyfriend’s concern and continued trudging along the sidewalk towards his house. “Yes, Jjong! I’ll figure something out so stop worrying so much. I’ll see you on Sunday?”

“Like always! And you’re actually gonna come this time, right?” questioned Jonghyun slyly, and Kibum could nearly feel him raising his eyebrow from the other end of the line.

He was walking up the driveway to his house now and replied with red cheeks, “Yes, Jjong! I promise. And you better have a killer song ready.”

Jonghyun whistled smoothly. “I’m not sure if it’s appropriate, actually.”

Kibum paused in his tracks, and if he had happened to have taken a drink at that particular moment he would’ve found his beverage sprayed all over the wooden front door. “Um…?” he trailed, beckoning Jonghyun to elaborate.

“Nope. No spoilers, ‘Bummie. You’re just gonna have to come and see for yourself!”

Whining into his phone’s microphone, Kibum unlocked the door and took a step inside. “You’re no fun.”

Laughing gently, Jonghyun made a kissy sound. “You know that’s not true, babe.”

“Maybe…” sang Kibum, giggling quietly. “But anyway, Jjong. I should probably get going. I like to get my homework out of the way for the weekend. Talk later?”

“Definitely. See you on Sunday, Ki!”

A smile was still lingering on Kibum’s face for a long time after they hung up, but that didn’t erase the fear and dread he felt about his mother finding out Jonghyun’s real age. She was working later today and that was a relief, but the concept of eating dinner with his father alone and then being confronted later certainly wasn’t very appealing.

Keeping to his promise, Kibum did indeed finish all of his homework that evening, and was even left with a bit of time before his dad came home to practice his dancing. With Taemin occupying the dance room every day, along with his habit of socialising instead of practice recently, it was safe to say that it had been a while since he’d actually learned or practiced any choreography. It was a good way to get his mind off of everything – Taemin, his mother, his onslaught of lies.

Dinner was, undoubtedly, a very quiet and awkward ordeal. His father hadn’t even attempted to make conversation over the table, instead opting to down his food hurriedly and leave Kibum’s presence as soon as possible. Kibum couldn’t say he really minded all too much, but that didn’t stop the deep sigh of disappointment from escaping his lungs upon the man’s departure. And with that out of the way, the only thing Kibum was left to face was the return of his mother, which was going to be at around midnight.

‘I could always just go to bed and face my problems in the morning.’ Kibum thought to himself, before shaking his head softly in disagreement.

That wouldn’t do. If he went to bed now without seeing the expression on his mother’s face he didn’t even think he’d be able to sleep, so it would be easier to just get it over and done with now. He racked his brain for something to say in response for when she arrived home.

Jonghyun has an older brother with the exact same name. Weird, I know.’

‘That girl Jonghyun was with is really forgetful. She was mixing him with someone else by accident. Here, take a look at this (definitely not photoshopped) school photo of him and I.’

‘Haven’t you seen that mattress commercial? There’s this guy who looks awfully similar to Jonghyun and I’m pretty sure he’s twenty one. Common mistake, really.’

Kibum grumbled into his comforter. None of them would work. His mother was sometimes a little dense but she wasn’t that stupid. What on earth had he gotten himself into? Rolling over onto his back, Kibum stared at the white roof of his room, exhaling deeply in resignation. Kibum plucked the polaroid of him and Jonghyun from his collage and stared at the latter fondly. “You owe me all the luck you have.” he spoke aloud, jumping up as he heard the familiar creak of the door opening.

. Already?

Carefully sticking the picture back where it belonged, Kibum brushed down his clothes and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himslf. It didn’t really help in the slightest, but nonetheless Kibum’s legs began to drag across the floor and out the door to the staircase, briefly contemplating falling down them so he wouldn’t have to face the confrontation. But his legs were already moving on their own down the steps, and soon enough he was hovering awkwardly in the door frame of the kitchen, watching his mother heat up dinner with trembling hands.

Taking her food out of the microwave, Kibum’s mother turned around only to jump in shock, placing one hand over her heart in order to calm down its rapid beating. “Kibum! Don’t scare me like that…”

“Oh. S-Sorry.”

The woman smiled, and sat at the dining table with her plate before her. “It’s alright, sweetie. What’s up?”

Kibum blinked. She was asking why he was there. Wasn’t she meant to be yelling at him by now? “Wait, huh?”

“What’s up? You must be awake right now because you wanna tell me something, right?”

Regarding his mother with wide eyes, Kibum struggled to find something to say. Had his mother forgotten completely? Was Jonghyun playing some cruel joke on him? No…The older male wouldn’t do that. Then why on earth wasn’t his mother scolding him right now?

“I—Uh…Well I just…Um—“

She laughed, and Kibum could’ve sworn that he was dreaming in that moment. Maybe he had ended up falling asleep after all. “Do you need my permission for something?”

Relief was flooding through Kibum’s chest like a tidal wave, and unconsciously he slumped against the door frame. “Y-Yes actually. Could I…Um…hang out with Jonghyun on Sunday?”

“As long as you’ve finished all your homework, then of course.” A flicker of something passed through the woman’s gaze but was gone within milliseconds, replaced by an uncharacteristic smile.

Kibum nodded awkwardly and offered a small grin before turning away with a quick wave and heading back up the stairs. He didn’t think his feet had ever carried him faster, and when he finally flopped back onto his large, soft mattress, the relief he felt was overwhelming. He pulled his phone from his pocket and quickly conjured a text to Jonghyun, laying down completely and slipping under the covers once he was finished.

‘She didn’t even mention the supermarket oml I’m so confused…night Jjong xx

Your number one fan <3’

It wasn’t long before his phone was dinging in response, and Kibum read the message with a lingering, fond smile expressing his face before promptly rolling over and falling asleep.

‘Glad to see my number one fan and beautiful boyfriend is okay <3 Sleep well, Kibummie!

Your idol xxx’

It felt kind of good leaving the house that Sunday without having to lie to his parents. Kibum hadn’t told them the whole truth of course, but at least they knew he was going to hang out with Jonghyun and not ‘continue his project with Amber.’ It felt even better when he actually arrived at the bar, having missed the mild chatter which filled the fern green walls and the warm, friendly environment. He’d made his way backstage immediately, and when Jonghyun had spotted Kibum’s bright smile through the dim lighting he’d ran up and enveloped the younger in a tight hug immediately.

“Hi.” Jonghyun whispered into Kibum’s ear, running his hands warmly over Kibum’s back.

Kibum giggled before pressing a peck onto Jonghyun’s cheek. “Hello.”

The shutter of a camera could be heard going off, and the two male’s heads whipped around to face a giddy, grinning Luna. “You boys are adorable. Long-time no see, Kibum.”

“H-Hey Luna!” greeted Kibum, ears tinting red in embarrassment. “Sorry about that.”

“Don’t apologize! Seriously, this photo is too cute. Jonghyun, I’m gonna post this on your birthday.”

Jonghyun blinked. “Please don’t.” he laughed. “We’re actually tryna keep this on the down low.”

Pursing her lips, Luna muttered a quiet ‘oh’. “That’s alright! Nonetheless, it’s still cute so I hope you don’t mind if I keep it.”

“N-No, I guess not.” responded Jonghyun, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. “Is Jinki here?”

Luna smiled brightly. “Yep! So is Minho.”

Kibum looked up. “Really?!”

Nodding enthusiastically, Luna pointed behind her to where Kibum had just arrived from, where many different types of people were bustling about to get a good view. “The boys are out there somewhere. We should probably go join them, Kibum. Jonghyun’s gotta sing soon.”

“Oh okay. I’ll be out there in one sec…”

She shot them a thumbs up before making her way out towards the bar. Kibum turned back to Jonghyun and slipped their hands together. “I’m excited to hear the new song.” he spoke, tugging on Jonghyun’s tie gently so that their faces were mere inches apart. He could feel the older male’s hot breath on his lips and grinned smugly. “Is it any good?”

Allowing his gaze to flicker down to Kibum’s lips only briefly, Jonghyun stared at Kibum with a mixture of both confidence and uncertainty. “I’d like to think so.” he chuckled. “I tried to make some dance moves for it…but it didn’t really go to plan. Maybe you could help?”

“You? Dancing?” Kibum snorted. “I might be able to…I guess it depends on the song.”

With the younger’s hand still grasping his tie firmly, Jonghyun closed the gap between them and captured Kibum’s mouth with his own, immediately allowing his tongue to sweep against Kibum’s bottom lip. Gently, before things could escalate any further, Kibum pulled away with a suave smirk expressing his features. “I’m pretty sure you have to go sing now.”

Pouting, Jonghyun nodded. “Yeah, but I better get a good job kiss afterwards.”

“Like I said, Jjong,” laughed Kibum, already making his way out towards the accumulating audience. “It just depends.”

Kibum stood with Minho, Jinki and Luna now, awaiting Jonghyun’s performance with jittering butterflies. ‘I’m not sure it’s appropriate, actually,’ is what Jonghyun had told him on the phone, and Kibum wasn’t quite sure it was a good idea for him to be standing in the proximity of his school friend at that moment.

The crowd silenced and then Jonghyun was walking on, slightly heeled boots clicking loudly on the small, wooden stage. It was quite different from his usual vibe, Kibum observed immediately. His tie, which had been in Kibum’s grasp just moments ago, was now completely undone, hanging loosely around his neck. His hair was mussed and Kibum had to wonder if it had been like that before. The stool which he usually sat on was nowhere to be found, as was his trusty guitar, in its place a single microphone stand instead. No song, unlike usual, was introduced, and all Kibum could do was watch with wide, entranced eyes as the backing track began and Jonghyun shot his astonished boyfriend a suggestive wink.

“Oh no, oh baby, sleep deeper,
Not yet, oh baby,
What is in the sky? What caught my eye?”

Kibum gulped and stared with wide eyes, this type of song not being quite what he was used to. The falsetto tone of Jonghyun’s voice vibrated around the bar and into Kibum’s ears, the blood seemingly rushing straight to his cheeks (and other unmentionable places). Jonghyun’s gaze didn’t waver from Kibum’s the whole time, and the younger male didn’t think that his face had ever been redder than it was in that moment.

“I’m getting dirty thoughts (eh eh eh),
I’m okay with going even farther (eh eh eh),
Talk to me baby, talk to me baby.”

Jonghyun had been right. This song definitely wasn’t very appropriate. But, they were at an bar so he didn’t suppose it mattered very much anyway. Still, that small reassuring fact still didn’t stop Kibum from feeling marginally uncomfortable beside Minho (who could probably see very clearly just how flushed Kibum was becoming by each passing second.)

The song finished and Jonghyun labelled it ‘Moon’, telling the audience that although it was quite different from usual, he really enjoyed writing it. Girls swooned, but it was only the small group closest to the stage who knew the song was aimed at only one person in particular. And it wasn’t a girl.

Jonghyun went then on to pull out a stool from side stage as well as his guitar, and continued on for the remainder of the half hour with his usual soft, emotional and heartfelt lyrics. Kibum studied everything about him as he sang. The way his whole face screwed up when he tried to reach a particularly hard note, the way he could simply whisper a word and still send chills up everyone’s spine, the way he’d unconsciously tap his foot against the panelled stage in time to the music. Jonghyun, in Kibum’s words, was nothing less than a musical prodigy – a gift. And so it was safe to say that the student felt more than slightly disappointed when Jonghyun’s half-hour was up, picking up his guitar and telling everyone with a bright, crinkly smile that he’d ‘see them again next week.’

Kibum felt a light nudge against his side. “Hey, Kibum? Before you go, I just wanted to talk to you about something…” spoke Minho, looking at Kibum with something akin to desperation and concern swimming in his eyes.

“O-Oh, yeah, sure.” stuttered out Kibum, surprised, eyes widening even more so when Minho grabbed his arm and lead him to an isolated spot near the back of the bar. “What’s up?”

Rocking back and forth on his feet, Minho breathed deeply. “I think…I think something is seriously up with Taemin. We had a bit of an argument the other day and well, he’s never been like this before. He just um…implied some things about you but I don’t think he mean—“

Kibum looked at Minho in astonishment. Had Taemin told Minho that he was gay? “If it’s what I think he was referring to then its fine. I’m kinda used to that stuff by now, anyway.”

“No, Kibum. You shouldn’t be. I don’t care what you say – Taemin is being a little recently and I’m gonna talk to him tomorrow about it. He’s always victim to those first years y’know? Maybe he’s trying to fit in…I just don’t know.” Minho was shaking his head furiously, and Kibum was struck by just how concerned he seemed about the first year.

For his whole life Kibum had just brushed off the comments people had said about him. After all, in South Korea they were just saying what everyone else was thinking, right? But here Minho was, telling Kibum himself that it was unacceptable and offering him help to stop it. Unconsciously, Kibum could feel himself agreeing to Minho, and offered the taller boy a kind smile. “T-Thanks Minho…It really means a lot. Really.”

Minho patted Kibum’s shoulder. “No worries, Kibum. I’ll catch you later though, alright? Jonghyun’s looking a little impatient over there.”

Turning around, Kibum found that Minho was exactly right. Jonghyun was standing behind him with an impish grin adorning his face, rocking on his heels with impatience. Giggling, Kibum nodded. “Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow, Minho. Bye!”

Waving farewell, Kibum and Jonghyun made their way out the back door and towards the latter’s car, teasingly brushing their hands together as they walked. “So…” began Jonghyun slowly. “How’d you like my new song?”

Kibum shrugged. “It was alright, I guess.”

“Liar!” Jonghyun laughed, bumping against Kibum’s shoulder. “I saw how flushed you were back there, babe.”

Chuckling quietly, Kibum glanced at Jonghyun from the corner of his eye. “You’re one to talk. Everyone could see that you were practically undressing me with your eyes.”

The singer flushed bright red and profusely denied it. “That’s just your conscious talking, Kibum. You were seeing what you wanted to see.”

“Oh really?” scoffed Kibum lowly, gaze darkening unintentionally as Jonghyun cornered him against the car and placed his hands on either side of his body.

Jonghyun smirked, resting his mouth right at the shell of Kibum’s ear. “Really.” he whispered, and Kibum found his toes curling at the mere feeling of Jonghyun’s hot breath against his skin.

The older of the two pulled back slightly so that his nose was brushing against Kibum’s and stared directly into the 19-year-old’s eyes, letting his gaze drop to Kibum’s lips for a split second. The message was made clear enough, and soon enough Kibum’s grip on Jonghyun’s shoulders was tightening and he was pulling the singer forward to lock his lips with his own.

The gesture was returned immediately, Jonghyun’s hands already having slipped beneath the fabric of Kibum’s shirt to run over every expanse of his soft, cool skin. Their noses continued to bump marginally and their breathing was a bit jagged, Kibum gasping softly into the kiss as Jonghyun’s tongue swiped delicately over his bottom lip. Flames seemingly burnt in his chest and stomach, and Kibum didn’t know if it was the song’s fault or not but in that moment he was really enjoying the feeling of Jonghyun’s skin against his.

His leg moved by itself to rest between Jonghyun’s thighs, smirking slightly into their kiss at Jonghyun’s sharp intake of breath. Now Kibum was holding onto either side of Jonghyun’s tie so that their faces were pulled as close as possible, taking pride in the low moan Jonghyun sounded when he adjusted his leg forward on purpose. The older male’s hands had travelled to his chest, and Kibum wouldn’t have been surprised if Jonghyun could feel his heavy heartbeat pulsing against his palms. The cool, night breeze did wonders against their heated bodies and flushed their cheeks even redder than they had been before. Their tongue’s and lips continued to clash in a battle for dominance as Kibum’s hands began to move further and further south, coming to a halt at Jonghyun’s hips and teasingly pressing his thumbs into the curve of Jonghyun’s pelvic bone.

And then Jonghyun was gone, pulling away abruptly as though boiling water had scolded his skin. In any other situation Kibum probably would have felt hurt; however considering that Minho was standing just five metres away while staring at the couple with wide, frog-like eyes, it was safe to say that Kibum had much more pressing matters at hand in that particular moment.

Honestly, Kibum didn’t think he’d ever felt more embarrassed in his entire life. Words struggled to reach him and all the dancer could manage to do was stand awkwardly and stare at Minho like a gaping fish. Kibum stuttered incoherently and Jonghyun’s neck looked practically sunburnt, but all of their obsessive worrying perished immediately upon Minho greeting them with a warm, and somewhat embarrassed, smile.

“Sorry for interrupting guys, I was just heading to the car.” He gestured with his head to Jinki’s much nicer sedan. “If it makes you feel any better though…I kinda already knew?”

Jonghyun and Kibum blinked before looking at each other equally as red faces. “It was Jinki, right?”

Scratching the back of his neck with a light laugh, Minho nodded. “Yeah.”

“Still doesn’t make it any less embarrassing.” whined Kibum mostly to himself, fixing his hair on impulse and refusing to meet Minho’s gaze.

Minho rose an eyebrow. “Kibum, I live with newlyweds and go to parties pretty often. It’s nothing I haven’t seen before, so seriously, stop stressing. I’ll catch you tomorrow, alright? See ya, Kibum.”

“Yeah…” muttered Kibum dejectedly as Minho hopped into Jinki’s car. “See ya.”

Laughing loudly, Jonghyun moved forward to hold Kibum’s hand firmly in his. “C’mon, you gotta love Minho.”

“Should I be jealous?” smirked Kibum, opening Jonghyun’s car door and separating his hand from Jonghyun’s to slide in the other side.

Jonghyun looked in contemplation for a few seconds before shaking his head feverishly.

“Me? Dating that tall bastard? Like hell.”