Warm Winter

My Number One Fan

It wasn’t the blinding light seeping in through the curtains that woke Kibum from his deep slumber that morning. Instead, it was the obnoxious ‘ding’ of his phone notification, and Kibum had to literally force himself to roll over from his current position in order to reach his phone from the bedside table.

His eyes were still bleary from the cavernous sleep he had awoken from, and they took a second or two to focus on the message before him. Thankfully, it wasn’t Jonghyun declaring he was at the front door, like Kibum had feared. Alternatively, it was a text from Amber, her message in all capitals virtually screaming at him to tell her the gossip of the day prior.

With a weary groan, Kibum took his phone from the wooden surface and began to text the younger girl back, succeeding in dropping his phone onto his face a few times before the deed was finally finished.

He texted back…like you said >.> Sorry for rambling yesterday
He just left his phone in his car keke ^^ AND HE’S COMING OVER LATER!!
Kibum

With an additional begrudged sigh, Kibum managed to swing his legs over the side of the bed and stumble into the bathroom, beginning his morning routine with a pit full of upmost anticipation pooling around his stomach despite his exhaustion.

His phone read 10:23, and Kibum silently congratulated himself for sleeping in so long. He figured it was a mutual agreement that Jonghyun would be arriving in the mid-afternoon, and so took his time in getting ready and relaxing for the majority of the morning.

Kibum was undoubtedly, beyond nervous. Although he attempted to convince himself that there was nothing to worry about, his attempts were futile, and the anxiousness that accompanied excitement was evident throughout the entirety of the morning.

He decided to stay low on the amount of eyeliner he wore that day, considering where the ‘date’ was taking place, and opted for a small amount of BB cream instead. Although with a struggle, Kibum ate lunch at noon, and by the time he had finished his sandwich the butterflies in his stomach were threatening to spew the food right back to where it came from. Fortunately, he managed to calm the tsunami within himself somewhat, and set off to do some last minute cleaning before Jonghyun’s awaited arrival.

Although Kibum was obviously anticipating the older male’s appearance, the knock on the door that came at twenty past one nevertheless startled Kibum awake from his daydreaming mindset and dragged him forcefully back into reality. Reality wasn’t always too bad, he concluded, as he pulled the door open with sweating hands. After all, locking eyes with the most beautiful man on the entire planet and welcoming him into his home wouldn’t usually be deemed as a negative occurrence.

Kibum stuttered on his words, but formed a coherent sentence nonetheless. “H-hey, Jjong! How’s it going?”

An immediate grin spread over Jonghyun’s face at the younger’s voice, and he replied warmly before pulling Kibum in for a snug embrace. “A lot better after seeing your beautiful face.”

Kibum smiled a toothy smile, one quite uncommon for a person such as himself, and tried fruitlessly to hide his inevitable blush. “Stop being gross,” he laughed, burying his face into Jonghyun’s neck and breathing in deeply.

Jonghyun’s eyes crinkled in pure bliss, and at that moment he swore to himself that he was never going to let go of the boy in his arms. Metaphorically of course; because it would be considered a bit strange if he had refused to release his hold on the younger boy, despite both of their reluctance.

“If I’m so gross then why invite me over, ‘Bummie?” Jonghyun poked, as the boy in question led the singer to the lounge room in excitement.

Kibum rolled his eyes. “I need someone to watch Disney movies with me, and you’re pretty immature so I assumed you would.”

“Says the guy who’s suggesting Disney movies in the first place.”

“Shut up.” laughed Kibum, rifling through a stack of DVDs by the TV stand.

Jonghyun shuffled over cutely and poked his head over Kibum’s shoulder. “Which one are we going to watch, yeobo?”

Kibum bit his lip at the elder’s use of the word ‘yeobo’, yet continued his shuffling to avoid embarrassment. “Do you like Beauty and the Beast?”

Jonghyun’s eyes lit up considerably at the mere mention of said movie, and he eagerly bounced on his toes from where he stood. “Yes!” he exclaimed loudly, surprising Kibum greatly who hadn’t been able to see his physical reaction.

“I guess it’s this one then.” Kibum spoke with tilted lips, slotting the disk in the CD player and turning the TV on with false composure.

Because in reality, Kibum’s heart was doing flips upon flips within his chest at Jonghyun’s presence, let alone at his words and actions to accompany it. Kibum patted the seat next to him in invitation, and Jonghyun didn’t hesitate in the slightest before practically bouncing over to Kibum and sitting himself particularly close to the younger male.

Kibum’s breath hitched in his throat as their arms and hands brushed, and tried feebly to remind his wild nerves that this had all happened before.

“Y’know,” Jonghyun began as the Walt Disney introduction opened, grinning lopsidedly at Kibum who seemed rather tense. “Chilling at someone’s house and just watching movies is actually my dream date.”

Kibum blanched. “Really?”

Jonghyun nodded fervently. “Yeah…I don’t really like leaving the house much, to be honest.”

Kibum smiled affectionately, and allowed himself to lean more comfortably on the older boy’s arm. “It doesn’t surprise me that much.”

Jonghyun pouted, yet a blush still adorned his plump cheeks at the younger’s initiation of skin ship. “I’m not that bad…” he argued with a whine, however before Kibum could respond both of their attentions were grasped by the movie beginning and a comfortable silence immediately fell between their cosy forms.

Jonghyun was over the moon. Not only was the man of his affections nestled comfortably against him, but they were watching one of his favourite films on what Jonghyun deemed the perfect date. He decided that it couldn’t get much better than this, and sat contently with his hand draped casually over Kibum’s shoulder, absently drawing invisible shapes on the younger boy’s upper arm.

Frankly, everything that had happened over the past week had been quite a daze for Jonghyun. Although he had only known Kibum for this short amount of time, it was as though he could do anything around him, braver than he had ever been before. Jonghyun, although quite the romantic, was never this touchy with his previous partners, and couldn’t quite figure out what made Kibum different.

Perhaps it was the fact that Kibum was much prettier than anyone else he had ever dated, but Jonghyun figured that would make him more nervous if anything. It didn’t. Around Kibum, Jonghyun brought out this side of himself that even he’d never seen before, and although he should be mentally slapping himself at his forwardness, he genuinely couldn’t bring it within himself to care.

Should he be afraid of the labels society would place on him? Maybe. But was he? Most definitely not. Recently, Jonghyun was far too attached to the beautiful male by his side to really think about anything in depth, far too entranced by everything about the dancer.

The thought of Kibum not returning his affections caused a slight crack in his heart, but as of that moment, with all that had been happening between the two, Jonghyun presumed that was the last thing he needed to worry about.

Jonghyun and Kibum watched the movie in a contented silence, and the only conversation passing between the two was small phrases and comments about what was currently transpiring on the screen. Although to others the silence might be deemed as awkward, for the two males upon the couch it was the complete opposite, both quite comfortable with the warmth the other was providing and the enchanting storyline the film was exhibiting.

“It always annoyed me how Belle’s name literally means beautiful.” came Kibum’s voice out of the blue, startling Jonghyun who tilted his head at the younger boy inquisitively.

Kibum took that as an invitation to continue. “I mean, let’s be honest here. In their language, Belle literally means beautiful. That’s like an American calling their kid Cute.

Jonghyun slowly began to nod his head in understanding, and laughed out loud at the realisation. “I’ve never thought about it like that, but I guess you’re right. Your name is kinda like that too, now that I think about it.”

A dubious eyebrow rose on Kibum’s deadpanned expression. “Jonghyun, do you even know my name?”

Jonghyun’s eyes squinted in amusement and a light giggle escaped his lips. “Yeah; Ki. Key to my heart.

Kibum rolled his eyes at Jonghyun’s pathetic attempt at English, yet could feel his heart squirming within his chest nonetheless. He slapped the older male’s arm playfully, and despite his efforts, couldn’t contain the laugh that threatened to spill from his bow-shaped lips.

“You are so cheesy, it’s actually disgusting.” he cackled, movie forgotten.

Jonghyun gasped in mock hurt. “Pizza is cheesy and it’s delicious.”

“Sorry to break it to you, hun, but you’re not pizza.” consoled Kibum with fake concern, resting his hand gently on Jonghyun’s shoulders and pressing his lips together in sympathy.

Jonghyun furrowed his brows and pouted at Kibum’s pitying hand. “Way to wreck a man’s dream, Kibum. You dream-wrecker.”

The two burst out into melodious laughter, Kibum leaning his body against the older male’s and clutching his arm in mirth. All of a sudden, in the midst of their merriment, Jonghyun gasped in recollection, knocking the both of them out of their reverie.

“Kibum…you promised me you’d dance, remember?!” he spoke in urge, jumping out of his seat excitedly.

Kibum pressed pause on the remote. “If you wrote a song!” he rebutted.

Jonghyun smiled widely, almost in mischief, and reached down to the small bag resting by his feet. “One step ahead of you, Key.”

Kibum’s eyes widened in astonishment, and felt his breath catch in his throat. Jonghyun had actually written a song throughout the week, much to Kibum’s surprise. Not that the dancer doubted Jonghyun’s ability to write a song quickly. It was just the fact that Kibum hadn’t expected Jonghyun to do so merely because of the deal they had made. The concept of him having to dance for the older male finally settled in his stomach, however he couldn’t bring it within himself to care about that. After all, his idol had written a new song.

Kibum bounced in his seat in anticipation, and attempted to sneak a peek over Jonghyun’s shoulder.

Jonghyun hurriedly swiped the sheet of crumpled paper into his hoodie pocket, before turning around and grinning cheesily. “Tut tut, Kibum. You have to dance first.”

The third year stuck his bottom lip out in disappointment and sunk into the soft couch with a lengthened sigh. “Damn you.”

Jonghyun mockingly looked at his wrist despite the lack of a watch residing there, and smirked impishly in Kibum’s direction. With an additional begrudged breath, Kibum reluctantly lifted himself from the couch and snatched his phone from the coffee table, swiping through his collection of songs in thought.

After around a minute or so, Kibum’s eyes landed upon a suitable song and he nodded to himself softly. He pushed the coffee table out of the way and handed his phone tentatively to Jonghyun, gesturing to his chosen tune before stepping back into the open space. Jonghyun studied the title before gently pressing play, and lifted his gaze only for his jaw to drop in astonishment.

As the first beat of Jennifer Lopez’ Do It Well sounded through the miniature speakers of Kibum’s phone, it was as though the 19-year-old had become an entirely different person. It vaguely reminded Jonghyun of when Kibum had eaten the donut, a serious yet sultry glare narrowing in Kibum’s eyes.

Jonghyun dropped himself into the soft cushions of the couch in fears that his legs would fail on him as the song progressed, and sat slack-jawed in awe of Kibum as his body moved. Sharp. Sharp was definitely one way to describe the way Kibum flowed upon the floor, but it was merely one of a million. The younger male was swift, sly, smooth, and undoubtedly – y.

Every single beat of the music was hit perfectly, and Jonghyun found that he simply couldn’t tear his gaze away from Kibum as he danced. Entranced by the way the dancer moved, time seemed to pass quickly, and the song was unfortunately finished sooner than Jonghyun would have liked. He felt himself gulping thickly, and unconsciously pulled his t-shirt hem lower over his thighs.

Kibum’s face was flushed red, lips parted slightly as small exhalations of exhaustion passed between them. Jonghyun felt his pants tighten uncomfortably and squirmed on the couch, clapping at the boy’s engrossing performance nonetheless. After all; it was indeed the best dance performance he’d ever laid eyes upon.

Kibum sat down with a huff and wiped the sweat from his brow tiredly. “Did it look alright?”

Jonghyun beamed with a vigorous nod before self-consciously crossing one leg over the other. “More than alright.” he replied with a squeak.

Kibum flashed a toothy grin and leant against Jonghyun’s small frame, breathing heavily in fatigue. “You still gotta sing me your song, so don’t get too relaxed.” he puffed blissfully, and Jonghyun felt his face glowing redder than ever before.

Although the two had most definitely been this close before – heck they’d even slept on the same couch; Kibum’s dancing, along with his red face and parted lips had proved too much for Jonghyun, and he found himself in quite the awkward position. Breathing in and out deeply, Jonghyun nodded and attempted to regain his bearings.

Kibum sat slumped exhaustedly upon the sofa, however watched in anticipation as the older male reached down and grabbed a sheet of paper from his small bag. Other than dance, Kibum was generally quite deprived on exercise, and found himself much tireder than what he’d initially expected. But as Jonghyun grabbed the crumpled sheet and smoothen it out against his lap, all of Kibum’s exhaustion immediately flew out the window and was replaced by mounds of excitement for this new song. And if that wasn’t already exciting enough, the fact that he was the first person other than Jonghyun to hear said song most definitely was.

Jonghyun seemed different, Kibum noted. Ever since he’d begun his dance he’s noticed a change in the singer, and felt himself frowning inwardly at this analogy. Although normally the older male was bright, cheery and quite open, at that moment it was as though something had possessed him out of the blue and morphed him into an insecure, shy little boy.

Jonghyun held his paper with firm hands – firm enough that the edges crinkled in his clutch. His fringe hung down and shielded his large, chocolate eyes, and Kibum found this introverted side of Jonghyun particularly endearing. He didn’t prefer it, per say, but it intrigued him considerably even so. Kibum reached out hesitantly and brushed his hand against the elder’s, provoking Jonghyun to lift his gaze in confusion. The third year offered a reassuring smile and a squeeze of the hand, hoping that his actions would replenish at least a dash of Jonghyun’s confidence.

They did. The singer uncrossed his legs and straightened his back almost unnoticeably before clearing his throat with a sudden cough. Kibum practically jumped with excitement and his eyes widened considerably, affectionate gaze not leaving the older male’s strong yet lanky frame.

“It’s uh, a bit different. But I guess you can say you influenced me to write it.” he spoke with a sheepish grin, scratching the back of neck nervously.

Kibum’s heart leapt in his chest at those few words, and he concealed an imminent squeal with quite the struggle. He suspected that by influence, Jonghyun was referring to the deal they had made, however the way in how Jonghyun had phrased his sentence sent a cage of butterflies loose within his stomach.

Jonghyun cleared his throat with a delicate cough before standing up from off the sofa to face Kibum. “It’s called Warm Winter.

And with those final words of dialogue, Jonghyun began to sing; beautiful words flowing out of parted lips with a sound better than the nightingale. Although it was only Jonghyun’s voice alone that delivered the song, Kibum found it stunningly euphonic nonetheless, and could feel hairs rising on the skin of his arms at the heart-warming tone the melody beheld.

Kibum didn’t care how stupid he looked at that moment, and he knew for a fact that with the humongous smile he possessed stupid was most definitely the look he had achieved. From the moment the first line had cascaded from Jonghyun’s chapped lips, Kibum was captivated, both by the music itself and the way in how Jonghyun’s gaze never left his own. It was certainly intimidating in some aspects, but the gorgeous sparkle within Jonghyun’s chocolate orbs made it all the worthwhile.

Listening to the mesmerising lyrics, Kibum imagined that they were addressed to him, despite the absurdity of that being true. Kibum remembered the game of twenty questions the two had played, and his memory flittered back to the question about Jonghyun’s songs. The older male had claimed that although his songs were usually about an imaginary lover, he had met someone in his life recently who was changing that. With all that had been occurring lately, Kibum could only pray it was him, but knew that getting his hopes up would only result in disappointment.

The song finished eventually, and Kibum immediately shot up from his positon on the couch and engulfed Jonghyun in a tight hug. Jonghyun hugged back just as firmly, and leant his head against Kibum’s chest.

“That was so beautiful.” whispered Kibum in gratitude, running his hands unconsciously up and down Jonghyun’s small back.

Jonghyun bit his lip to conceal his excitement, the mere touch of the dancer sending fireworks off throughout his entire body. “Glad you liked it.” he whispered back gently.

Mounds of weight flew off from Jonghyun’s shoulders at Kibum’s compliment, and he felt himself releasing a huge sigh of relief that had built up whilst he was singing. He had been so unbelievably nervous to present that song in front of Kibum, and to have the younger call it ‘beautiful’ made him feel like the happiest man alive. It wasn’t Kibum himself that made Jonghyun feel so insecure about his writing. Definitely not. No, it was the fact that Warm Winter had been the first song Jonghyun had actually written with someone in mind, that particular someone being right in front of him the very moment he had sung it. To have Kibum, the subject of the song, react so happily towards it, gave Jonghyun a feeling beyond uplifting, and could feel every single inch of his body light up in pure joy.

Kibum pulled away reluctantly, yet kept a firm grip on Jonghyun’s shoulders. “Are you going to sing it tomorrow?” he asked curiously.

Jonghyun’s eyes unconsciously fell down to Kibum’s lips as he spoke, and he hurriedly scolded himself before shooting his gaze back up into Kibum’s eyes. “Um…I don’t think so.”

Kibum gulped thickly as he watched Jonghyun’s eyes drift down towards his lips, and suddenly felt more self-conscious than ever before. He felt his grip on Jonghyun’s shoulders loosen slowly, and couldn’t help the stutter that accompanied his next sentence.

“W-why not? It’s great!”

Jonghyun mentally slapped himself as he practically felt the awkward aura surrounding Kibum’s frame at his slip up, however forced himself to pretend as though it had never occurred. “I just…think it should be a private one. Between the two of us.”

Kibum couldn’t really complain with that, and nodded slowly in understanding. His hands lost their grasp completely and fell back towards his sides. “I think I can deal with that.” he laughed.

Jonghyun grinned widely with his tongue poking out between his teeth, before all of a sudden a loud rumble emitted from his stomach. His eyes widened in embarrassment and an awkward silence fell between the two, before all of a sudden Kibum threw his head back and began to laugh obnoxiously, having to clutch onto the couch for support.

“Oh my God!” he gasped in the midst of his laugher, wiping away phony tears. “You could’ve just said you were hungry!”

Jonghyun pouted in humiliation and hung his head cutely. “You were dancing…I couldn’t just interrupt you when you looked like that.”

Kibum rose an eyebrow and allowed his mouth to tilt up into a pretentious smirk. “Looked like what?”

Jonghyun blinked before the realisation of what he had just said sunk into his head. “Uh…focused. You looked very focused and I didn’t want to interrupt you.”

Kibum snorted, before habitually grabbing Jonghyun’s hand and dragging him towards the kitchen. “C’mon, you big puppy. Let’s make some ramen.”

Jonghyun’s face brightened not only at the physical contact Kibum had initiated, but also at the prospect of cooking something he actually knew how to. “I love ramen!” he exclaimed eagerly.

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Of course you do.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Nothing.” Kibum laughed, unwillingly releasing Jonghyun’s hand in order to gather the needed utensils.

Jonghyun shrugged it off and leant himself casually against the kitchen bench. “Am I allowed to help this time? I know how to cook ramen.”

Kibum giggled at the older male’s unintentionally amusing words, and filled a pot partially up with water. “Yes, Jonghyun, you may help. I figured you’d know how to cook ramen so I bought some especially for you.”

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped in pleasant surprise. “Really?!”

Kibum slapped his palm against his forehead at how gullible Jonghyun was when it came to things like that. “No, Jonghyun. We live in Korea, there’s always ramen in here.”

Jonghyun pouted and his shoulders slumped with a dejected “Oh.”

“Lighten up, Jjong, we’re cooking together after all! We should take a selca.” suggested Kibum elatedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he lit the stove aflame.

Jonghyun smiled broadly, and hurriedly fished his phone out of his back pocket in mutual excitement. “Finally! I’ve been dying to take one all night.”

Kibum practically skipped his way over to where Jonghyun was standing, and boldly snatched the phone out of the singer’s hand. “My arms are longer.” he spoke, holding the phone out in front of them both.

Jonghyun pouted slightly, but immediately transformed his pout into a smile as Kibum prepared to take the photo. Kibum puffed out his cheeks in mock cuteness, and held his thumb over the button ready to press. Just as he went to capture the photo however, Jonghyun pressed his cheek against Kibum’s and winked at the camera, Kibum’s hand slipping in mere surprise. The phone sounded an audible click, and Jonghyun hurriedly plucked his phone back out of Kibum’s grasp.

Kibum’s face flushed bright red. ”Y-yah!”

Jonghyun poked his tongue out at Kibum before taking a quick glance at the photo of the two. His face immediately uplifted into a stunning smile, and Kibum could literally see him shaking in happiness.

“Show me!” ordered Kibum, storming over to Jonghyun in hopes of getting a sneak peek.

Jonghyun wagged his finger with a mischievous expression, turning the phone off and teasingly sliding it back into his jean pocket.

Kibum crossed his arms over his chest in disappointment and poked out his bottom lip in an exaggerated pout. “Jonghyun-ah,” he whined.

Jonghyun laughed in amusement but skipped back over to the stove, grabbing two packets of ramen and ripping open their plastic packaging. “C’mon, Kibummie. The water’s ready.”

Kibum stomped over to where the elder was standing whilst mumbling under his breath. “You .”

Jonghyun merely chuckled at Kibum’s words, and continued to prepare the ramen, dropping the noodle blocks into the now bubbling water. The two males continued to cook the instant noodles, playful banter passing between the two as they danced around the kitchen floor. They occasionally brushed hands and arms as they went about gathering supplies and adding things into the water, and Kibum couldn’t help but thinking that these feelings he was experiencing were somewhat mutual.

Jonghyun dished the ramen into two bowls whilst Kibum filled the sink with foaming water, and Kibum couldn’t prevent his thoughts from drifting as he cleaned. For this entire week, he and Jonghyun had been prancing around each other like long-time lovers, and Kibum knew that there was no way Jonghyun didn’t feel anything for him. With the way the singer hugged him, talked to him, made suggestive comments, and touched him; he must be feeling something. Right?

“-Bum. Hey, Kibum,” interrupted Jonghyun, eliciting Kibum to turn towards the older male bearing an inquisitive expression.

Jonghyun held both bowls up and waved them around playfully. “Dinner’s ready, yeobo!”

Kibum rolled his eyes, yet felt his heart leap in his chest all the same. “Coming, hon!” he called back good-humouredly.

He wiped his hands on a nearby towel and skipped over to the dining table, Jonghyun close in tow with bowls in hand. The both of them pulled out a seat and sat down, and Jonghyun placed one bowl in front of Kibum and the other in front of himself.

“Let’s dig in, ‘Bummie!” exclaimed Jonghyun, grabbing his chopsticks and slurping up a huge amount of ramen as soon as those words has blurted from his mouth.

Kibum shook his head in affection. “You’re so gross.”

Jonghyun looked up at Kibum with noodles hanging from his open mouth. “You love it.” he murmured with his speech distorted by the food.

Kibum screwed his face up in distaste and rolled his eyes. “Seriously disgusting.”

Jonghyun’s eyes crinkled in humour before he continued to stuff his face, too hungry to even comprehend what was entering his mouth. Kibum joined in soon after, eating just as much as the elder yet considerably more proper in comparison. Being two full grown men, they finished their ramen within a matter of mere minutes, and Kibum took their bowls to the sink as soon as they were void of any scraps. Not finding the idea of washing the dishes in a few hours very appealing, Kibum got to work immediately, scrubbing the crockery hurriedly in order to hang out with Jonghyun as soon as he possibly could.

As Kibum washed the bowls and placed them carefully on the rack to dry, he most definitely wasn’t prepared for the pair of arms that came from behind and wrapped themselves around his slim waist. For a few, long seconds Kibum forgot to breathe, every single hair on his body sticking up in apprehension. He willed himself to relax within Jonghyun’s arms, and mentally pinched his skin in order to diminish his rapidly rising expectations. Kibum knew for a fact that Jonghyun merely liked a lot of skin ship, and whilst he hoped that a mutual attraction lay between the two, he knew better than to take the older male’s actions too seriously.

“Kibum-ah…” came Jonghyun’s soothing, gentle voice. “You look so pretty washing the dishes.”

Kibum gnawed on his bottom lip in order to conceal the inevitable smile that was sure to appear, and riskily took the opportunity to rest his large hands on Jonghyun’s strong forearms. “I always look pretty, Jjong. I thought you’d be used to it by now.”

Jonghyun’s deep laughter sounded heartily from his throat, and Kibum literally shivered from the chills that ran down his spine. “Very true.”

Kibum swallowed thickly as Jonghyun rocked the two of them within his arms, his mind running at a million thoughts a minute. So many different options were being compared and weighed within his mind, and Kibum could feel his body practically shaking in a mixture of nerves and exhilaration. A few minutes passed before Kibum finally made his decision, breathing in deeply in an attempt to calm himself down. His attempts were futile.

Turning his body around from where he was, Kibum now stood facing Jonghyun, the elder’s arms still wrapped around his waist firmly. Jonghyun’s eyes widened slightly in astonishment at Kibum’s actions, however his exterior remained calm and he relaxed his hold on the younger boy. Jonghyun’s feelings for Kibum were, to put it simply, out of control. Although he had no idea whether the younger returned his affections or not, he made the most out of the opportunities he was given, hugging and making contact with Kibum whenever possible. Back hugging Kibum was one of those moments; where he was far too irresistible to merely watch. With Kibum turning around to face Jonghyun, it was merely a bonus, being able to gaze into the dancer’s beautiful, feline eyes as he held him within his arms.

Everything was perfect, in Jonghyun’s opinion. However, what he didn’t know was how infuriating his actions were to Kibum, and how frustrated the younger was becoming with his small deeds of skin ship and flirting alike.

Kibum stood with shaking legs in Jonghyun’s hold and stared up into the elder’s eyes, heart clenching painfully at the amount of emotions running through his chaotic mind. Jonghyun offered Kibum a small smile, and for the second time that day, his gaze fell down to Kibum’s mouth. Kibum’s stomach went wild in noticing where the singer’s gaze landed, and unconsciously, he his lips. Jonghyun, whose stare had been locked on Kibum’s chapped lips, felt his body heat up considerably, and hurriedly he adverted his gaze in embarrassment. Despite the humiliation he too was suffering, Kibum couldn’t help but find the blush upon Jonghyun’s cheeks to be the most adorable thing he’d ever seen. And Kibum, being the stupid, naïve 19-year-old that he was, acted on his instincts and feelings without an ounce of consideration, reaching up to grasp the neck of Jonghyun’s shirt in his hands.

Jonghyun jolted in genuine surprise and his gaze returned to meet Kibum’s, cheekbones still laced with a pinkish hue. He tilted his head in slight befuddlement, and could feel his breaths shortening significantly in pure nervousness. And then all of a sudden, before either boy could really think about what was occurring, Kibum’s eyes dropped down to Jonghyun’s lips and he slowly began to pull the older boy towards him, risking only a small glance up into his wide eyes.

Jonghyun was in a stupor and could barely comprehend what was happening, however before he knew it Kibum’s soft, pink lips were pressed gently against his own in a tender kiss. Millions of fireworks instantaneously erupted within his body at the mere contact, and out of instinct Jonghyun softly closed his eyes and tightened his hold on Kibum’s delicate waist. Neither male made any move to deepen the kiss, and then as quick as it had happened, Kibum pulled away abruptly with wide eyes and an expression of fear adorning his elegant features. Jonghyun delved into his perplexed mind desperately for something to say, however came back empty handed and merely stood soundlessly with a gaping mouth.

Kibum, watching the older male’s reaction, immediately presumed the worst, and pulled away roughly before slapping his hand over his mouth. Jonghyun reached forward to grab the dancer, however it was already too late, for Kibum had taken off before Jonghyun could even regain his bearings.

Jonghyun stood motionless for a few moments, mind racing wildly and reciting what had just transpired. It took him a while, but ultimately, the events that had just occurred finally settled in and Jonghyun’s body jerked in comprehension.

Kibum had just kissed him. Kibum, the man who he had been crushing on like crazy, had kissed him. And boy, did it feel good. Jonghyun looked towards the stairs, however unfortunately the dancer was already out of sight and Jonghyun felt his heart speed up in a mixture of euphoria and guilt.

Hastily, Jonghyun bounded up the staircase and immediately began to make his way towards the younger boy’s distinctive bedroom. Reaching the door, Jonghyun felt his whole body tense in anxiousness, yet worked up his courage and knocked on the door nonetheless. “Kibum,” he called.

No reply.

Breathing in and out deeply, Jonghyun clenched his fists, before hesitantly reaching out and turning the door knob with shaking hands. Fortunately, it wasn’t locked. Poking his head in through the small gap, Jonghyun’s eyes travelled around the flamboyant room before they finally landed upon Kibum’s frail form, curled up upon his large bed with his head buried deeply in the pillow. Tiptoeing his way inside inaudibly, Jonghyun felt his heart clench at Kibum’s feeble frame, wishing that the beautiful boy wouldn’t feel so bad about what he had done. Because in reality, it was anything but something to feel bad about.

Reaching the bed with soft footsteps, Jonghyun gently sat himself next to Kibum, the younger boy flinching at the slight dip he felt in the mattress. Jonghyun tentatively reached his hands forward and removed the pillow from over Kibum’s face, heart cracking at the tear stained cheeks and the red rimmed eyes Kibum donned. The dancer bit down on his bottom lip harshly, and Jonghyun struggled to hear the insecure ‘I’m sorry’ that spilled from his rosy, chapped lips.

Jonghyun brought his hand up slowly and used the pad of his thumb to wipe away Kibum’s ethereal tears.  Kibum sniffled, and although he attempted to conceal his crimson cheeks from the older male’s view, Jonghyun used his hands to keep Kibum’s face opposite to his own. His hands ran down from their place on Kibum’s cheeks down to his sharp jaw, and he held Kibum’s chin fondly between his forefinger and thumb.

“What are you apologising for?” Jonghyun whispered, before closing the distance between the two for the second time that day and capturing Kibum’s lips with his own.

For the first few seconds, the two males remained motionless, merely basking in the feeling of the other’s lips pressed against their own. However soon enough, Kibum relaxed in Jonghyun’s hold and slowly began to return the kiss, reaching forward and hooking his arms around Jonghyun’s neck in desperation. Desperation that had built up from what seemed like a year of teasing, flirting and insufferable contact.

Their kiss was soft, tender and beautiful; lips gliding against the other’s lazily within their warm embrace. Jonghyun’s calloused hands held Kibum’s pale face delicately, tilting his head slightly to the side in order to not bump their noses foolishly. Kibum weaved his long fingers through the tangled hair on Jonghyun’s nape, and the feeling that he gained from kissing Jonghyun was simply indescribable. Simply perfect.

Although the two of them would have preferred to remain interlocked forever, soon their breath was running thin and they had to pull apart reluctantly, foreheads resting against each other’s as they panted faintly. Jonghyun’s lips immediately morphed into a stunning smile, and he couldn’t thwart the breath of laughter that came along with it.

Kibum’s heart was racing, and the abundance of butterflies whom inhabited his stomach did nothing to lower the pure adrenaline flowing through his veins. After first kissing Jonghyun in the kitchen and seeing the reaction upon the elder’s face, he had feared that he’d made the biggest mistake of his life. But sitting here now, with Jonghyun’s hands caressing his face gently after he had initiated a second kiss, all of Kibum’s regret had flown out the window and pure ecstasy had taken its place.

“I t-thought…I thought you hated me before.” stuttered Kibum in a whisper, running his gaze over Jonghyun’s face as though to gauge his reaction.

Jonghyun smiled softly. “Oh c’mon ‘Bum. Have you seen the way I act around you? I was just really shocked because I didn’t think you felt the same.”

Kibum cocked his brow with a light scoff. “Have you seen the way I act around you?

Jonghyun laughed harmonically before leaning in and capturing Kibum’s lips in a chaste peck. “I guess we’re both pretty stupid then.”

Kibum nodded in agreement, and the inevitable smile that appeared on his face was so beautifully exquisite that Jonghyun couldn’t help but lean in for one, maybe ten more kisses.