Windows

Rememory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jimin slept in, she was mentally exhausted from the previous day. She reached her classroom with two minutes to spare, she noticed all the missed calls and text messages she received from her friends. Jimin read through them all, no one apologized so she promptly ignored it. She acknowledged it was petty of her to hold a grudge, but their reactions were unjustifiable in this case.

            Jimin noticed a dreary mood in the classroom, which was completely opposite from yesterday. She found herself zoning out the entire class. By lunch, she thought about reconciling with her friends but decided against it. She would eat in the empty classroom today, maybe she would help Mr. Heo cleanup or something. She ignored Yugyeom when he approached her in class and headed directly to her locker.

            There were whispers. But this time, not about her. She idled closer to the group of gossiping girls. They were talking about Baek Yerin. She returned to her seat in class and thought about it. Yes, it did seem like Yerin was outcasted today compared to yesterday. She had everyone at the palm of her hand, what could have happened? Jimin sat there by herself idly looking out the window eating her sandwich when Yerin walked in.

            Jimin was caught off guard, since she was just thinking of her. She didn’t know what to say and it was already getting awkward – but thankfully, Yerin broke the silence.

            “Hello,” she said.

            “Your name is Park Jimin, right?” she continued.

            “Hi!” Jimin replied almost too enthusiastically. She was just happy someone from the same gender was speaking to her.

            “Yeah, my name is Jimin! You started coming here yesterday, right Yerin-sshi?” Jimin said nervously. She felt like she was introducing a boyfriend to her parents for the first time – that’s how cautious she was being.

            Yerin nodded and giggled at how formal Jimin was.

            “You can just call me Yerin,” she said while collecting her lunch from her bag.

            “Okay, Yerin. Most people call me Jamie,” she smiled.

            Yerin smiled back and asked, “You aren’t going to the cafeteria?”

            Jimin shook her head and truthfully stated, “No. Not today. I had a fight with my friends.”

            Yerin nodded, “Well, I don’t have many friends. Why don’t you come eat with me?”

            Jimin grinned from ear-to-ear, wow – she was finally making a friend who was also a girl. She felt warm. This was a sudden silver lining in the turn of recent events. She packed up her things and followed Yerin to a table with another girl who introduced herself as Baek Ah Yeon.

 

            Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi and Jin all stood around the corner looking over at the table where Baek Yerin was sitting with Jimin and Ah Yeon.

            “I told you she goes here. It’s definitely Yerin, our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter