Caretaker

Rememory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical Monday morning for Park Jimin who was rushing out of her apartment complex to go to school. Over the weekend, she visited her parents as she normally did. As she fumbled out the door on the second floor, she noticed someone fighting in the parking lot below her. She watched as the boy gets a few punches in before the other man escaped into his home.

Why are there people fighting so early in the morning? Jimin sighed. She understood she lived in a bad part of town, but she wasn't expecting to start her morning off as a bystander to a fight. She headed downstairs as she watched the boy in a familiar school uniform scramble onto his motorcycle and ride away. Her neighbour came back out of his apartment holding a baseball bat. What the hell? She did a polite bow despite the strange situation and continued on her way. She wondered why some kid who looked about her age was beating up an old guy. On her way to the bus stop, she noticed something glimmering on the asphalt where the sun had shone. She reached down and picked it up, a cellphone. Weird. She thought a minute about tossing it aside, but hey, at least she would have a story to tell the guys this morning. Plus, wasn't that kid wearing her uniform? There could be a chance they'll meet again, she tucked the phone into her bag and headed onto the bus.

On the bus she was fiddling with the cellphone trying to unlock it, the wallpaper was of a group of friends. Huh, he must be one of these guys - right? She couldn't distinguish any faces in the group photo.

She put the phone away by the time she reached her school. She went to a boarding school for fine arts. It's one of the most prestigious in South Korea, and honestly most of her classmates have much different backgrounds then she does. Many of them are not only talented, but come from wealthy families. She wasn't poor, but she definitely wasn't rich either. Despite it being a boarding school, Jimin often saw her parents since she goes to visit them practically every weekend. One of the perks of being in a close knit family is your mom becoming your best friend. Actually, her mom the only female who tolerated her. Jimin sulked only momentairly at the thought.

Park Jimin headed to the cafeteria where she saw her actual friends. Her three best friends, BamBam, Yugyeom and Seungyoun. For some reason, Park Jimin was ostracized by the other girls in her class. Unbeknownst to her, it was due to jealousy. The very apparent seclusion from her classmates only allowed Jimin to become friends with guys. Even though she loved her friends and felt like she had a place with them, she still often felt left out. Sometimes she just felt like she couldn't fit in with them, their obsession with online games, sports she didn't care about or even some of their conversations become incredibly to the point where she just couldn't relate. She wanted to be able to talk about things girls talk to only other girls about. It's not that she felt uncomfortable with her friends, but she just didn't have that same bond.

Jimin took her usual seat when Yugyeom greeted her first,

"Morning Jiminnie, how was your weekend?”

"It was sooo nice," Jimin stretched out.

"My mom and I went shopping and she bought me these really cute shoes,"

Jimin was quick to notice their apathetic attitudes and quickly changed topics,

"But something weird happened this morning."

She reached into her backpack and grabbed the cellphone and put it on the table. The guys’ faces lit up,

"You got a new phone?" BamBam questioned.

“No,” she laughed,

“I was leavin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter