Wanna Be Cool

Rememory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Jungkook grew increasingly more nervous and worried for Jimin until it was time for lunch. He checked his phone continuously to see if there were any other texts from Taehyung, however there were none. He headed to the cafeteria to meet up with his hyungs and scanned the room for Jamie and her friends. He still couldn’t spot her, so he sent a text to Taehyung first.

       “Where are you hyung? Is Jamie okay?”

       “I’m still here, Nurse Choi hasn’t returned yet. Why don’t you come and check for yourself to see how she’s doing?” Taehyung replied playfully.

       Jungkook stopped by the school’s stationary store where he picked up a small stuffed bear, lollipop and a card where he wrote her something he didn't have the confidence to say outloud. He clutched a handwritten note as he headed to the infirmary bearing gifts. He heard laughter from coming inside, he noticed BamBam, Seungyoun and Yugyeom surrounding Jimin. He suddenly felt empty. The group of guys were the last people he wanted to see around Jamie, but of course they'd be here. He laughed in disbelief to himself for being so foolish, he instinctively stuffed the letter in his pocket and attempted to back away, however someone pushed him forward and exclaimed.

       “Oh, Jungkook! You’re not sick are you?” Nurse Choi stated.

       “Ah, hello ma’am. No, I came to visit a friend.”

       She smiled almost knowingly and said, “It’s always a pleasure having you here. Let’s go in together.”

       All festivities were halted and the five people in the small nurses’ office stared up at them. Jungkook kept the letter in his pocket, but held out the toy and candy for Jimin.

       Jimin smiled at him and offered him a slice of pizza. They had reconciled and she felt relieved. He sat down next to Taehyung who was mindlessly eating and conversing with Yugyeom, BamBam and Seungyoun.

       Jimin took a deep breath before gathering up the courage to confront Jungkook about their misunderstanding. She gritted her teeth and braced herself for his reaction before stating,

       “Jungkook - the rumours you heard, they’re not true. I didn't know what you were asking me this morning until later on, but none of it was true.”

       Jungkook nodded and smiled at her. He didn't know what to say so he just took another bite of his pizza. He was pleased that he had been wrong and felt bad for doubting her in the first place. He thought about who could have started the vindictive rumors to begin with.

       The day was coming to an end but the rumors of Jimin hadn’t ceased yet. Jungkook decided he was going to find out who was the start of the malicious rumours – but it seemed like someone had beat him to it.

       Jungkook was watching TV with Taehyung in his room when Taehyung nonchalantly stated,

       “It was Eun Bi.”

       “Huh? What was Eun Bi” asked a confused Jungkook..

       “Eun Bi started the rumours.” Taehyung blankly said with his eyes fixated on the television.

 

       Jimin woke up revitalized and felt a bit better about the turn of events from yesterday. She felt blessed she had friends who trusted her. The stares and whispers hurt a little less today as she headed to the cafeteria.

       “Hi guys,” Jimin took her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter