Bond Side Story - #3[YunChan]

Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To YunChan's shippers,
Enjoy~~ ;)

I bet that all of you is surprised with 3 oneshots at once. kkk it's my present to you and to celebrate ou maknae Chanwoo's birthday so please make yourself comfortable with my gift. ^^

 

 

 

It was getting late and the boys had just finished the pre-recording for their song Apology. Yunhyeong waved to the fans outside before he got into the black van. Others followed suit and the manager drove them away from the SBS Building to take them back to the dorm.

 

He let out a tired sigh and a yawn escaped afterwards. It was a long and tiring day for them. Although that their long trainee days were paid off with the successful debut and the rising popularity as a bonus, he still couldn’t deny the fatigue that came along with it. The schedule was packed but with his family, the members and the company supports, Yunhyeong was able to keep moving on.

 

“Hyung, stop sighing. Seriously, you are getting old.” Chanwoo remarked with chuckles emitted from him. The maknae was seating beside Yunhyeong at the backseat of the van. Yunhyeong faked out a shocking face before he tickled the maknae for making fun of him. The van was filled with their laughter and Junhoe at the front snorted out at the two evil twins.

 

“Yah, stop being so lovey dovey in front us. Both of you are disgusting me.” Junhoe said with his sassiness on full control. Others in the van were cackled out with laughter over his words. “Chanwoo-ah, you shouldn’t be cheating on Jiwon hyung. Poor hyung. You are breaking his heart!” Everyone laughed out loud over Donghyuk’s joke. Yunhyeong giggled out watching the maknae pouted.

 

“It’s okay guys. I just take Jinhwan hyung~” The older made a disgusted face and he gestured for Bobby to stay away from him; erupting another laughter from others.

 

They were talking and laughing together for a few good minutes before the tiredness started to take over and the van was in silence. Yunhyeong was admiring the lights from the streets while the others were in their dreamland. He looked outside the window and sighed out in relief for the road was clear without any traffics that night. It only took a few minutes before they would arrive at the dorm. He could imagine how soft his pillow felt like beneath his head already. 

 

He turned his head to the side and saw the maknae was still playing with his phone. Chanwoo was busied typing on his phone. He tilted his head a little to see who the younger was texting. When he saw the ID, he faced Chanwoo with a bemused expression.

 

“I think this is the 6th times you are texting your mother today. What’s wrong?” He asked the maknae which eyes were still stuck on the screen.

 

“Nothing. I just miss her hyung.” At that answer, Yunhyeong dropped the topic. He started to feel the sleepiness taken over his body and mind. He put his head on Chanwoo’s shoulder and let the darkness of the night took him away with the sound of Chanwoo’s fingers tapping the screen.

 

It was like a lullaby and he fell asleep on the maknae’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 

He didn’t know why but his head was throbbing so badly until his skull could just break. His entire body was numb and his face felt sting for no reason. Yunhyeong started to gain his consciousness. His lips were wet with something sticky over it and when he gulped his saliva down, he could taste an iron like metal down his throat.

 

The consciousness was taking over his mind fully and Yunhyeong could feel a hand holding his head from behind. He tried to open his eyes and he was greeted with an unfamiliar face covered with a mask. It took him a minute to hear his surroundings and a female voice reached his ears.

 

“Are you alright? Please hold on for a bit more.” It was a voice of the person who he had his head on her lap and her hand holding it as an additional support. He wondered why the right side of his head felt numb then he realized that the woman was applying pressure to it with her hand. He tried to sit up when he had gained full control of his body and the woman helped him.

 

He saw people wearing orange clothes running around the places. He recognized it as 911 paramedics uniform. There were also policemen with them. His blurry vision started to adjust itself and Yunhyeong was surprised to see a wreck black van a few meters before him. It was like he was watching a film when his brain started to show images of when he was half-conscious in the van earlier.

 

Yunhyeong felt extremely cold. He gripped on the female paramedic’s hands tightly, “W-where am I? W-where is my members?!” His breath was erratic and so did his heart. The woman gently assured him that she would take him back to his other members. She guided Yunhyeong out from the crash scene but his eyes were locked on something in the black van. He released the woman grips on him and ran to the van.

 

The feeling was so similar like the time he was struck by a lightning when he was in high school. He felt numb and his heart stopped beating when he saw a figure at the back of the van. Even though in the dark, Yunhyeong could make out the silhouette of that person.

 

“Chanwoo!!” He ran and screamed the maknae’s name. He was almost getting closer to the van but his body was held up and pulled away from it. Yunhyeong struggled with the paramedics and policemen as he tried to reach the van. He ignored the pain that was inflicted on his body because his mind only focused on one thing. He had to save the maknae and get him out from the van.

 

“Let go of me!!” He screamed and kicking them away but his body was so weak to even put up a fight. It was not until Hanbin came to him that they released him free.

 

 

 

 

He was put into a time lapse when he woke up again. The words from the paramedics about Chanwoo not able to survive kept repeating in his mind countlessly. He felt his anger seething up and his blood boiling in rage. He was close enough to punch the hell out of the two of them but he didn’t know why he suddenly passed out.

 

Then he remembered that he was awakened by someone before. He recognized it as Bobby. And he knew that it was not the second time for him to wake up. He must have passed out about 3 times including when the accident happened. The image of Bobby’s scared face came into his view. Yunhyeong felt sorry to the latter for scaring him out. He made a mental note to apologize to him later.

 

“Song Yunhyeong-shii…”

 

A voice was heard calling for his name. He was in shocked for a second. When the voice called for him again, he detected the source was from his left and Yunhyeong turned his head to see a young woman sitting on the chair facing him. She had a smile on her face and Yunhyeong guessed that she must be older than him.

 

“Song Yunhyeong-shii, how do you feel?” She asked again with her soft voice. He didn’t know why but the way she pronounced his name was scary. It sent chills down Yunhyeong’s spine and he was involuntarily shivering. He didn’t answer her at all but she didn’t give up. The 3rd time she asked again, Yunhyeong voiced out.

 

“Where is Chanwoo?” The maknae’s name slipped out from his mouth. He didn’t know why but it did.

 

“Don’t worry, your members are fine. We will take you to see them soon.” Lie. He had no idea who whispered the word to him but he agreed on it.

 

“Where is Chanwoo?” He asked again but this time his voice was louder than before. The woman was still keeping her composure and Yunhyeong felt sick of it. He was about to ask again when the image of Chanwoo trapped with the seatbelt choking him up in the van and the little bump on his chest came to him. It made the tears gathered in his eyelids. His heartbeat risen and his mind was in chaos.

 

“W-where is he?!” He was on the verge of exploding and the headache came again. He gripped his head and groaned out loud painfully making the woman panicked. Soon, a few nurses walked into the room and they held on his hands and legs with the same woman from earlier holding up high what Yunhyeong made out as a syringe and he felt a needle pricked on his arm.

 

He started trashing up on the bed until his body felt weak and limp. His vision started to blur once again and he let his mind drifted away to other world.

 

 

 

 

Sobs and hiccups sound were picked up by his ears. He tried to pry his eyes open but for some unknown reason it felt so heavy. Yunhyeong fought the sleepiness taken over him and his eyes slowly opened. He saw a mop of brown-yellowish hair and he recognized Jinhwan immediately.

 

“Jinan …. hyung…” He called for the older and Jinhwan quickly responded to him. Yunhyeong tried to lift his hand up but it felt so numb and his body couldn’t control his body anymore. Jinhwan saw his struggle and he deliberately took the younger hand in his. Yunhyeong’s ears picked up more voices and he recognized it as his father and Yang Hyun Suk’s voice. They seemed to be talking with someone outside the door which Yunhyeong found his voice unfamiliar.

 

“W-where is … ot-hers?” He asked deliriously to the older. “T-they are fine. Hanbin and Jiwon are outside. Donghyuk is resting in his room. Junhoe has just finished his surgery and he is fine.” Jinwhan answered Yunhyeong trying to lift up his voice so that it sounded lighter and happy. When the truth was contradicting to happiness.

 

Yunhyeong blinked his eyes once. He was like a broken doll with paleface as white as a porcelain and his eyes seemed like losing the light. He might be under a very strong anesthetic but he knew that his ears didn’t pick up the name of someone. “C-Chanwoo?”

 

He saw how Jinhwan flinched hearing the maknae’s name. His heart stopped beating again and suddenly he felt like the drugs had worn out from his body. He lifted his head up slightly and tears were readied to roll down any moments. Dark thoughts clouding his head over the lack of response from Jinhwan. “H-hyung, h-how about Chanwoo?”

 

“He is still in the surgery room. Hanbin and Jiwon are waiting for him. They said he is in a pretty b-bad shape.” And the words were enough to make Yunhyeong cried again. There were no sobs coming out form his mouth but the tears were showing no sign of stopping. Jinhwan was crying along with him and their holds on each other was getting tighter.

 

“This is a-all my fault. This is all because of me…” He cried out and Jinhwan pleaded for him not to say such a thing. He begged for Yunhyeong to stop blaming himself and the two members shed their tears thinking about the younger maknae.

 

 

 

 

Yunhyeong persuaded the doctor to let him go to wait for Chanwoo with his other members. He kept begging to him and eventually the doctor agreed. He was brought to the waiting room guided by his mother and the other iKON members were glad that Yunhyeong was finally able to get out from his room.

 

They waited for a long time and Yunhyeong didn’t stop praying for the maknae with his hands holding Jinhwan’s hands. When the door was opened, he hoped for a good news to come and for him to see the maknae again.

 

But fate always had another plan for him.

 

 

 

 

The news about Chanwoo needed a lung transplantation sent all of them to the edge but it was different for Yunhyeong. He was thrown down the abyss and there was no way for him to climb back up. He was sent into the emergency room again after a panic attack in front of the surgery room. They had to sedate him again when he woke up and started to scream loudly sending everyone into a panic mode.

 

The doctor diagnosed him with a Post-Traumatic Stress over the crash. They said that he was mentally unstable and if he didn’t receive any therapy, he would never be in his straight mind again. His mother and sister cried when they heard the doctor’s words. Yang Hyun Suk could only relay his sympathy to the family and he looked at the sleeping Yunhyeong sadly. Who could have ever thought that this would happen?

 

 

 

 

Yunhyeong was put under a prohibition by the doctor and he had to underwent a few therapies to cure his trauma. Unfortunately, none of it went on well. They tried to make him remember the day when the crash happened as a part of the therapy but in the end Yunhyeong was thrashing over everything in his way and wailed out hysterically. He constantly screamed in his sleep and the image of the accident kept replaying in his mind. He kept calling for the maknae’s name all night long.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter