Bond Special Chapter V (Final)

Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Thank you for the feedback on the last chapter. Thanks to you guys I got a bit inspiration to make the final much interesting (or not? I don't know. this is up on you guys to judge then) ;)

And this is the final chapter to Bond Sequel. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it. ^^v

 

 

 

Yunhyeong woke up with the heaviest headache he had ever felt in his life. His eyes roamed around the places. The view of the white ceiling and the dim orange colored light greeted him. He looked at his side to have the whole vision of the place. It dawned on him that it was a hospital where he was at.

 

And there was Chanwoo sitting beside him on the chair. His eyes were closed with one hand prompted on his chin to support his head from falling down. The maknae looked so tired and it triggered pain in Yunhyeong’s chest watching him sleeping in such an uncomfortable position. It was dark from the window behind the younger and Yunhyeong guessed that it was already night.

 

A sudden realization came up to him; how long had he been sleeping here?

 

“Chanwoo….” He called out for the maknae in the end. His hand tried to reach out for Chanwoo’s arm but it ended on the maknae’s thigh because of their distance. A few taps on it and Chanwoo finally woke up with his big eyes frantically looking everywhere. A big silly grin adorned his face when he saw Yunhyeong had finally regained his consciousness. It brought a warm sensation to the older to see such a smile from him.

 

“Hyung…” Chanwoo speaks, his voice was heavy with sleep. “You’re awake.”

 

Yunhyeong chuckled watching the cute maknae still smiling his stupid smile to him. The warmth Chanwoo gave to him through the touch they had on their hands sent Yunhyeong to a bliss. He felt somewhat less drowsy unlike before. “Yes I am.” He replied back, the grip on the younger’s hand grew tighter.

 

“Are you alright? Do you want me to get you the doctor? Do you want some water?” Chanwoo kept asking him questions after questions and if it wasn’t because of him being sick, Yunhyeong would probably stood up from the bed and hit the maknae on his head for asking too much. Fortunately, he couldn’t as his body felt so weak and head throbbing with pain. It made him wondered what had happened.

 

“Hyung, are you alright?” The question came out from Chanwoo when he noticed how quiet Yunhyeong was.

 

“Chanwoo-ah, how long have I been out?” Yunhyeong saw a bit of hesitation on Chanwoo’s face. With the maknae’s hand rubbing his nape awkwardly, for sure it was not a very decent story to tell in Yunhyeong’s opinion.

 

“Well… Not that long.” He could tell that the ‘long’ the younger meant didn’t mean the long. “It’s just for 13 hours.”

 

And Chanwoo saw how big Yunhyeong’s eyes became hearing that.

 

“What?!” The older exclaimed. He was in a sitting position for a split second with the most stupefied expression on his face. “What did you just say?” He asked again for a confirmation.

 

“It is true, hyung. You’ve been out for almost 13 hours.” Yunhyeong was in disbelief to hear that from the maknae. He looked around frantically for his phone or even his watch. He found the phone on the bedside table and took it in a flash. When the screen was lighted up, he let out a gasp seeing how much time had passed. Damn Yunhyeong thought as he cursed himself for sleeping too long.

 

“The others are at the dorm.” Chanwoo retorts to grab Yunhyeong’s attention once again. “They went to take some clothes. Jinhwan hyung and Bobby hyung are outside by the way.” The mentioned of the other two members didn’t bring any surprise to Yunhyeong. Of course they would be staying behind, he was literally out for the whole day.

 

“And you’ve been here all day long?” He asked the younger when his gaze travelled back to him. Yunhyeong noticed the same clothes Chanwoo was wearing when they were going out to the store earlier this morning. Judging from his tired face, he knew that the maknae had been here for so long. Though he wondered for how long exactly.

 

Just curious, you know.

 

And the nod of Chanwoo’s head answered his curiosity. “Well, I can’t leave you alone. I don’t have the heart to.” Yunhyeong would be lying if he said he wasn’t happy to hear that, especially from the maknae.

 

“I appreciate that Chanwoo but…” He trailed off for a second. “You don’t have to worry about me. You should take care of yourself instead.”

 

“It’s funny when you said that hyung because that is exactly what you should have done to yourself.” Now that was a payback Yunhyeong thought. He had no reply on that. Only silence as he let his gaze thrown back to the empty dull wall before him. The TV was turned off and the couches looked way much comfortable than the bed he was on. All of a sudden, with his mind wandering around, the couch became much interesting than the younger sitting beside him.

 

“Hyung please, tell me what’s wrong? What did you see? What happened back there on the street?” Chanwoo broke away the calming silence Yunhyeong thought he needed the most with his bullets of questions. The older of the two sighed inwardly at that. He knew that this would come. That eventually Chanwoo would ask him and he would have no other choices other than to tell him.

 

But to tell him what he asked himself. That he had been having all of those dreams about the night they were crashed on the street? The injured members? The time when they almost lost Chanwoo forever? And that he was all awake for the entire time after the horrible crash-ride watching s lying all over the places with wounds and scars on their bodies in the dark? No, he couldn’t tell him that though Yunhyeong knew that was what he should have told the younger all these times. But he just couldn’t. He didn’t want Chanwoo to see the nightmare that he had been seeing over for a year.

 

Like always, the devastating truth; no matter how truthful and realistic it was, would always be devastating.

 

“I—I know what happened a year ago.” While Yunhyeong was caught up in his own thoughts and words, Chanwoo said that ending up breaking his train of thoughts. But this time he didn’t literally broke them down. The younger smashed them apart, like a boulder swung to the wall and took the bricks out from its place. Chanwoo had him all surprised and shocked.

 

“Yunhyeong hyung, I know that it’s hard on you. But you have to get up okay?” As he said that, Chanwoo’s hand reached over and grabbed on Yunhyeong’s. The big and thin slender fingers of the maknae caressing his hand sent a jolt of electricity down to his spines. Yunhyeong had no idea why but he had goosebumps all of a sudden. Yet still, it was a good and warm feelings blooming in his empty stomach. “I’m fine, hyung. Never have been better before and you should be fine too.” Chanwoo said, hand still clasped tightly on his hyung’s. As tightly as Yunhyeong’s heart clenched in old pain.

 

“But, it’s because of me that you end up like this. You can’t dance anymore, can’t sing, and you can’t live a normal life like any other boy your age….” Without Yunhyeong knowing it, he had tears glistening under his eyelids. Ready to flow down freely through his smooth cheeks. The younger could only helplessly watch the tearful older before him. “How can I not be sad about that knowing that it’s because of me that this happens to you?”

 

“But I’m fine hyung… really. So please, you should stop blaming yourself.” Chanwoo uttered out with his grip on Yunhyeong’s hand tightened. A sign of reassurance that only he could give to him for now. But if what the members had told him before was right, that he was the only one who could save Yunhyeong from his misery of nightmares and past, then perhaps what he could give more to him would work?

 

“No! I—I saw you! You were all bleeding and then you were not moving anymore. Do you know how hard it was for me to watch you slowly fading away from me? To keep my eyes on your chest searching for the up and down only to have none of it? Not to hear your voice?! It’s hard!” Yunhyeong screamed out the last part. Damn the hospital, damn the wet he felt on his cheeks, or even damn his hoarse voice unexpectedly scaring the younger one out. He could care less about it all anymore. “I almost died that time! I can’t bear it to know that I’m the cause of your death. You; the person that I care the most, the person that I know my life won’t be the same anymore if you’re gone. I—I couldn’t live with that.”

 

Unconsciously he was sobbing hard. Tears flowing down with his chest constricted out of air. It was all too hard for him and Chanwoo knew it. Although he had just got the bare knowledge of it, but he had always known that Yunhyeong silently was suffering under the thick skins and soft persona he had. Calmly Chanwoo approached him, pulling forward the leg of the chair with his own long limbs, he closed his distance with the bed Yunhyeong was on and held onto his hands much tighter than before.

 

Looking straight into his hyung’s eyes Chanwoo tried to convince the older to open his heart to him, to end his suffering that wasn’t even his fault in the first place. “Forget about the accident, hyung. Forget about my lung, just forget about everything. I’m here after all, still breathing and alive.” Then Chanwoo softly put Yunhyeong’s hand onto his left chest, trying to get the teary older to feel the beat of his heart under his own fingertips before he moved it to his right chest. The stitches from the surgery could prominently be felt under the shirt the maknae was wearing; the root of all Yunhyeong’s world calamity. “Just remember me, and us. All of us, that we are here for you. As long as you move on, hyung. And everything will be alright.”

 

Yunhyeong is at loss of words to say. Only his wrecking sobs and hiccups could be heard been uttered out by him. His hands were shaking and cold but with Chanwoo holding on his it became much warmer, and so did his heart. When the younger wrapped his body smoothly into his big arms, Yunhyeong knew that the tingles he felt in his stomach were not just his mere imagination.

 

“Are you sure that you’re okay, Chanwoo?” Yunhyeong asked him with all the sobs and snivels turning his voice unclear. He heard a simple humming from the younger as the answer to his question. “You could have blamed me, maknae. You should have just be mad at me for making your life this miserable. Y—you could just yell at me and stop being nice to me.” Yunhyeong added on with much tears flowing down his already red eyes. The feel of Chanwoo’s ear slowly brushing against his temple was calming yet tingling him down.

 

“I don’t blame you, hyung. Never will and never have. I made the choice to protect you. And now it’s your turn.” Chanwoo broke loose the hug to let their faces met each other. He cringed silently watching how swollen Yunhyeong’s eyes had become and the redness of it was prominent to see. The same goes to his red face and nose. Chanwoo chuckled inwardly thinking that his hyung resembled a deer or something.

 

“How?” Shortly Yunhyeong inquired. As the moment he asked that, his forehead was met with the soft lips of the maknae. Chanwoo gave Yunhyeong a short yet heartfelt kiss on his forehead.

 

When they broke apart once again, he said, “Smile again. That’s the only protection I need from you because every time you smile, it feels like my whole world turns brighter, hyung. I don’t feel sad or depressed anymore when I see you smile.” Like his kiss just now didn’t make Yunhyeong blushed even harder, now Chanwoo was saying all of the cheesy words to his hyung. His grip on Yunhyeong was still strong as Chanwoo smiled gorgeously to the flustered Yunhyeong.

 

“So please, smile for me hyung.” And Chanwoo took Yunhyeong once again in his arms. “Your truthful smile.”

 

“Okay.” Was Yunhyeong’s answer before he pulled Chanwoo’s body closer to him. He leaned his head on the younger’s shoulder as the two engulfed themselves from the darkness and cold of the night together in each other’s embrace. The warmth Yunhyeong felt in his stomach increased though it gave him a much greater comfort than ever.

 

And for the first time ever since a year ago, he felt forgiven.

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo accompanied Yunhyeong for another 2 hours alongside Bobby and Jinhwan before the younger was gushed to return back to the dorm by the oldest of them. He was about to leave the room with Bobby when Yunhyeong called him out, “Chanwoo?”

 

“Hmm?” Chanwoo hummed his reply as he turned around from the already opened door. Yunhyeong didn’t know why but he hesitated to say it with Jinhwan and Bobby in the room watching at him as they waited for him to say something.

 

“What is it, Yunhyeong hyung?”

 

“C—can you stay here with me?” It was timid and came out in a stutter but with the silence around them, it was not hard for Yunhyeong to be heard. Chanwoo was about to open his mouth when he got stuck in between and stopped entirely as his eyes travelled to the oldest standing not so far from his stand. He almost forgot that Jinhwan was there with them wearing his infamous baby-face yet stern expression.

 

“No he can’t.” Just like what they expected it to be the answer, Jinhwan then continued. “He needs to rest properly at home.” The affirmation in his voice was so hard for the others to break through. They knew that when the oldest said no, it would mean no with none such any other exception.

 

“But hyung, Chanwoo already took his meds today.” Bobby butted in, trying to get the maknae on loose with the older this time. He felt sorry to Yunhyeong who already had a pout forming on his lips. But of course, even Bobby couldn’t win against Jinhwan especially when his expression was turning even grimmer than before.

 

“Aish Jinan hyung…” The pet name the members –especially Hanbin and Bobby– loved to use naturally came out from Bobby’s mouth. He hoped for it to work this time to save Chanwoo from the overly-protective Jinhwan hyung of them. “Just give Chanwoo a chance to stay with Yunhyeong tonight. It’s not like they’re going to do anything after all. Maknae is just going to accompany him to sleep only.” Bobby reasoned out with the stubborn Jinhwan. The rapper ignored the glare Jinhwan was giving him as he tried to talk some senses on him. On the other side, Chanwoo was standing nervously before the door waiting for what to behold.

 

“There is no need for him to do that. I can accompany him to sleep just fine.” That was what Jinhwan said and Bobby knew that there would be no way the older would give in to Yunhyeong’s small demand. “Besides, who would help him to do the breathing exercise here if he’s taking care of Yunhyeong?”

 

“Yunhyeong could help him with that!” Bobby spoke without hesitation which earned him a hard smack on his arm by Jinhwan.

 

“Yah you idiot, how can Yunhyeong helps Chanwoo when he himself is sick? Then what’s the point of him staying here if he is not the one being taken care of?” Jinhwan was about to explode if it wasn’t for Chanwoo gushing for him to calm down.

 

“But hyung, I can just help him with—”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter