Third

This I Promise You -hands of time-
"Feeling any better?" Doojoon hands over a cup of coffee to Junhyung. "I hope you don't blame Misa for drawing distance with you. You know it's already hard for her now, living by her own."
 
"I know," Junhyung takes the cup from Doojoon, taking a sip of the coffee with unfocused eyes. He knows perfectly that Misa is not the girl with flawless life.
 
She has parents who live far from her, abandoning her for works. Sure they send money every month to her for her living but they never even bothered to check her condition. That's why Misa lives alone in her apartment.
 
When Doojoon leaves him alone in the dining room to wake the other members, Junhyung takes out the gold pocket watch he put in his pocket.
 
He woke up earlier than the others because he couldn't sleep well. He took a shower quickly and then started to think of the crucial moment he need to go back to.
 
After thinking through the first six months he shared with Misa, Junhyung has decided to return to the day when he confessed to Misa. He is going back to one year ago.
 
That day Junhyung visited her with a bouquet of roses at her apartment. Junhyung asked her to be his girlfriend, making the first promise to her that he would stay with her through whatever.
 
Misa answered his confession right away with happy smile. As long as Junhyung remembers, he never saw Misa's tears before the first he saw when she left him in the middle of the rain.
 
If that day he asked President before he confessed to Misa, maybe they didn't need to go with secret relationship and they could have open relationship.
 
Junhyung takes a deep breath, holding tight the gold pocket watch in his hand. He closes his eyes while he remembers the moment when he told Misa about his feeling to her.
 
They were at the rooftop of Misa's apartment building. Junhyung was ready with the roses while Misa was listening to her iPod, waiting for him to come.
 
When Junhyung opens his eyes, he is standing behind the door to the rooftop, complete with his white shirt and bouquet of red roses in his hand. He checks his phone and finds that he has returned to the past, based on the calendar on the screen.
 
He takes a deep breath before opens the door, looking at Misa. She is leaning her arms on the railing, listening to BEAST's song on her playlist. She doesn't even notice that Junhyung just closed the door slowly.
 
Junhyung is making sure that he is not going to change anything out of the line so everything will be good in the present time.
 
He will do whatever he did in the past before except he will ask Misa to postpone her answer until they meet the President for the permission.
 
Junhyung steps closer to Misa and she finally notices his presence. Misa takes off her earphones and turns to face the rapper, "Junhyung Oppa! You surprised me!"
 
A smile forms on his lips as he remembers this moment. He leans to kiss her cheek, causing her to blush really hard because of the sudden gesture. He then whispers to her ear, "Surprise."
 
Misa bites her bottom lip, feeling nervous by Junhyung's sweet gesture. Junhyung chuckles and hands the bouquet of roses to her, "It's for you."
 
"How unusual," Misa teases him, inhaling the sweet scent of the roses. "It's the first time you give me roses, Oppa. What's the special occassion?"
 
Strange enough Junhyung can feel his heart beats uncontrollably. Even though he has passed this moment before, the fact that he needs to confess once again to Misa makes him nervous.
 
He clears his throat nervously, knowing that he needs to stick with his plan carefully, "Misa..."
 
Misa tilts her head, having a confused smile since he doesn't know what Junhyung is going to say. She hugs the bouquet as her eyes are locked on Junhyung.
 
"I love you," Junhyung finally blurts it out. "For your everything, I love you, Misa."
 
Misa blushes because of the blunt confession. She covers with her free hand, feeling both excited and embarassed at the same time.
 
"Can you please tell me your feeling, Misa?" Junhyung tucks her long hair behind her ear with a smile. "Can I have your heart?"
 
"I'm really happy, Oppa...," Misa replies with a sweet smile. "I thought my feeling was only one-sided love... I thought it's impossible for us..."
 
Junhyung kisses her forehead, ignoring the heartache he is feeling because he needs to continue telling her about the consequence they need to face with meeting the President.
 
"Misa, will you come with me and talk with the President?" Junhyung asks her, cupping her face with his hands. "I don't want you to pretend as if we don't love each other. I want the world to know that you are the one I love."
 
"E-eh?" Misa stammers. She is surprised to hear Junhyung's request. She knows that they are not allowed to date without permission but she doesn't expect Junhyung to ask her go with him to meet the President.
 
"I want you to be the happiest girl in the world," Junhyung takes her free hand which is not holding the bouquet and kisses it. "Let me cherish you, Misa."
 
Feeling that Junhyung is serious with his words, Misa smiles and embraces his hand, "As long as I'm with you, I will do anything to make you happy, Oppa."
 
Without worrying about another thing that night, Junhyung spends his time with Misa at the rooftop. He holds her hand tight, doesn't want time to separate them yet he knows it's impossible.
 
After thirty minutes, everything around him turns black. He can feel the warmth he is holding disappears slowly as he returns to the main room of his apartment, right where he left before.
 
Junhyung quickly puts the gold pocket watch inside his pocket and rushes to his bedroom. He smiles widely when he finds the black sweater in his wardrobe, a good sign which means he has alternated the worse present he faced before.
 
He also finds messages from Misa in his phone. Everything has returned to what it should be.
 
"Hmm?" Dongwoon wakes up from his sleep, rubbing his eyes slowly. "It's morning already? Where is Misa?"
 
Junhyung looks at him with confused look. Why is Dongwoon asking about Misa in such early morning?
 
"Doojoon? Hyunseung? Anyone?" Misa's voice is echoing from the main room. "Breakfast? Anyone?"
 
Junhyung storms out from the bedroom, heading to the main room where Misa is standing alone with a can of cola in her hand.
 
"Ah, good morning, Oppa," Misa smiles sweetly to him. "I'm sorry I didn't come yesterday because-"
 
Junhyung pulls her into a hug, wanting to make sure that he is not dreaming. Misa's eyes widen in surprise as she tightens her grip on the can so it won't fall down, "O-Oppa? What is it?"
 
"Yah, Junhyung ah," Doojoon hits Junhyung's head lightly. "No hugging is allowed, remember? We don't want any issue to appear, do we?"
 
"Doojoon is right," Misa pushes him away slightly with an apologetic smile. "It's alright that I can only be your temporary manager now, Oppa."
 
"Temporary manager?" Junhyung murmurs with confusion. "You are our temporary manager?"
 
"Oppa, did you drink something last night?" Misa chuckles and drinks her cola again. "It's been almost a year since I worked as your manager, remember? Ah, the contract is almost ended anyway."
 
"We will be glad if you continue your contract," Doojoon tells her. "BEAST will always welcome you, Misa."
 
"Well, thank you," Misa steps in the kitchen to prepare the breakfast for BEAST's member, "but I don't think I can't since I need to focus with my college."
 
Doojoon only smiles and continues to wake the others. Junhyung joins Misa in the kitchen, looking at her while he is trying to figure out what kind of changes have happened after his confession.
 
"Misa...," Junhyung mentions her name to have her attention. He hugs her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder, "We are lovers, right?"
 
"O-O-Oppa!" Misa blushes and pulls away from him nervously. "D-Don't do that! I told you before!"
 
"Why?" Junhyung can't hide his sadness. "Why can't I hug you? Is something wrong?"
 
Misa keeps silence for seconds before she touches his cheek with her hand, "I'm sorry, Oppa. I know you are still angry with my decision but I want to stay close to you. I will end the contract soon so you don't need to see me everyday."
 
"After my confession...," Junhyung cuts in quickly; he wants an explanation, "...what did the President say to us?"
 
"Why do you even ask?" Misa looks worried because of his question. "You are not allowed to have a relationship yet, Oppa. Even after weeks, your arguments were turned down by the President. You are not allowed to date until you can prove that your popularity will not be distracted by a relationship with a girl."
 
His heart sinks immediately upon her answer. Doesn't it mean that they are not lovers till this moment?
 
"I'm sorry for being selfish. I know the President has been really generous by giving me a chance to stay with you as temporary manager but I guess it just makes you harder to draw distance with me, doesn't it?" Misa pulls her hand away. "I'm sorry, Oppa, but at least we're still good friends."
 
"Maybe...," Misa forces a smile to assure him, "...someday we can be lovers. It's just not now."
 
Someday is not something Junhyung hopes for.
 
"If only we met each other in different situation...," Misa drops her gaze, remembering the first time they met. "If only met you after you could prove that you would be alright with having a relationship, maybe we would face different situation now."
 
Junhyung clenches his fists in silence. He doesn't want to be only friends with Misa. He doesn't want to wait for someday when he could have better present.
 
He slips his hand inside his pocket, holding tight the gold pocket watch. He closes his eyes, having the scene where he introduced himself to Misa with his groupmates behind the stage for the first time.
 
He is going to change everything from the beginning.