First

This I Promise You -hands of time-
Junhyung walks on the road, heading back to his apartment alone. His mind is wandering somewhere else, thinking about which moment he needs to choose as his first chance.
 
The only thing crosses his mind now is the face of crying Misa when she pulled away from his hug. His heart aches again just by the memory, knowing that he has hurt someone who is really important for him.
 
Then a thought crosses his mind: what if he didn't come late? What if he met Misa just in time? Maybe everything would not be like this.
 
Junhyung stops his step and grips the gold pocket watch tight. He closes his eyes and remembers what he needs to return to the past. He is going back when he finished his schedule so he could meet Misa as soon as possible.
 
"Misa...," he whispers her name with closed eyes. "I promise..."
 
There are seconds of silence before he hears Doojoon's voice is calling him, "Yah, Junhyung! We're going back now!"
 
Junhyung opens his eyes quickly to find himself is standing next to their van, ready to return to their apartment. Rain is falling and his groupmates are already in the car, waiting for him to join them.
 
"Come on!" Yoseob shouts from inside of the car. "Didn't you say you need to meet Misa?"
 
"I think Misa has already returned with this kind of heavy rain," Hyunseung comments casually. "Why don't you just call her to check-"
 
Without waiting for Hyunseung to continue his words, Junhyung leaves his stand, running through the rain. He ignores Doojoon and the other who call him to go back.
 
He knows he has returned to the past and he only has thirty minutes to change everything now. He knows Misa is waiting for him alone in the middle of the rain and he doesn't want her to wait for him any longer like what he did before.
 
Junhyung rushes to find his girlfriend right where he found her before. He ignores how hard the raindrops; he just wants to meet Misa as soon as possible.
 
He finally sees the familiar figure, waiting for him with desperation on her face. She is gazing at the night sky, holding back her tears that she doesn't want to shed.
 
"Misa!" Junhyung shouts her name and she turns with obvious surprise expression.
 
He hugs her tight, kissing her drenched hair with his cold lips, "I'm sorry, Misa, I'm sorry."
 
"You came...," Misa whispers with disbelief and a tear escapes her eyes. "You really came..."
 
"Of course," Junhyung loosens his hug and kisses her forehead. He rests his forehead on hers, "You are the most special person for me, Misa. I don't want to lose you."
 
Misa hugs him again and finally cries out because of the feeling she has been holding inside. She indeed has decided that if Junhyung didn't come tonight, she would end everything between them.
 
"Let's go to your apartment," Junhyung caressses her cheek gently. "You will fall sick if you stay like this, Misa."
 
He holds her hand and walks to her apartment in silence yet he doesn't let go of her even just for a second. He knows he still has time to do something before he returns to the present time.
 
"Here," Junhyung takes the towel and helps Misa to dry her wet hair once they arrive in her apartment. "I'm sorry, Misa. My interview was extended so I-"
 
Misa hugs him tight, burying her face on his chest, "At least you're here now, Oppa... You're here with me..."
 
Misa doesn't care about his reason for now. She has listened for various reasons from Junhyung so another new one is not something she needs to think about.
 
She is just afraid that this is a sweet dream and tomorrow morning everything will be as usual; Junhyung will be busy with his life and she is going to wait for him all alone... again.
 
"Junhyung Oppa...," Misa clutches his shirt desperately, "...maybe we need to consider about our relationship. Maybe we can't be together..."
 
"No!" Junhyung shakes his head and cups her face. "Look, I'll do everything but please, Misa, I don't want to lose you."
 
"We can't make it through," Misa drops her gaze sadly. "You are an idol and I'm just... no one. You have your own life to live in and I can't get in your world."
 
"I love you, Misa," Junhyung kisses her hand. "I really love you so-"
 
Everything around Junhyung turns into darkness. Misa disappears and he is back to the present once again, standing on the road near his apartment.
 
Before he even has an idea about what changes he has made, his phone vibrate as someone calls him.
 
Junhyung's eyes widen in surprise when he sees Misa's name on his phone screen. The clock shows that it's already 1.14 AM, right when he left to the past.
 
The pocket watch is still in his grip.
 
"Oppa?" Misa murmurs when Junhyung picks up the call. He quickly puts the pocket watch inside his pocket. "Have you arrived at your apartment yet?"
 
"Ah, ehm, yes, almost," Junhyung answers with doubt in his own tone. He is not sure with what happened actually.
 
Misa sighs in relief, "Thank you, Oppa, for coming to me tonight. I don't think I can see you tomorrow since you have your own schedule but then... happy first anniversary, Oppa."
 
Junhyung's lips turn into a curve. He is glad that the change he has made is something good for them; at least Misa forgave him and they are good once again.
 
"Good night, Oppa," Misa says to him calmly. "I'll miss you."
 
"Good night, Misa," Junhyung can't stop himself from smile even after he closes the conversation line. He steps in his apartment building, heading back to his apartment with a bright smile.
 
Inside the elevator, his smile slowly vanishes when he realizes that Misa is still hesitating about their relationship. She is unsure because Junhyung is really busy and they can't be together as often as other couples.
 
Junhyung takes out the gold pocket watch from his pocket, staring at the small thing for seconds.
 
Maybe if he returns to an earlier past, he can change everything into better situation. Maybe Misa will not doubt their relationship again. Maybe he just needs to adjust advance things.
 
"Six months ago...," Junhyung murmurs to himself when the elevator door opens up.