Alternate

This I Promise You -hands of time-
--- please note that this chapter is taken after 'Fourth' ---
 
"Your first meeting with her is during your performance on stage, isn't it?" Hoshi smirks. "I wonder what kind of relationship you two would have if you didn't meet her as an idol."
 
"If I wasn't an idol...," Junhyung frowns, trying to think of the possibility.
 
He takes the gold pocket watch in his grip, staring at the watch for seconds to make up his decision.
 
"Misa...," Junhyung murmurs to himself. "For you, I will..."
 
Suddenly a memory crosses his thought. It was their first month anniversary and Junhyung couldn't meet her because BEAST needed to attend a music award.
 
"I'm sorry, Misa," Junhyung said to her on the phone. "I promise you I will make it for our second anniversary."
 
"It's alright," Misa assured him softly. "You won an award tonight, didn't you? I'm happy to know it, Oppa. I really am."
 
Junhyung stayed silence for seconds before murmured, "It must be annoying to have such a busy boyfriend like me... If only I'm not an idol..."
 
"If you're not an idol, I won't meet you," Misa stated calmly. "If you're not an idol, there will be no BEAST that BEAUTY loves. If you're not an idol, I will never know that you are an amazing person, Oppa."
 
Junhyung was amazed by her simple but encouraging words.
 
"Instead of thinking about 'what if', I'd rather think about what I need to do now," Misa told Junhyung her thought out loud. "I'm grateful to have you this way, Oppa."
 
A tear escapes his eyes when the flashback fills his mind. All of a sudden he remembers that Misa never complained about how busy he was, how seldom they met, or how insensitive Junhyung was.
 
Then what makes Misa want to leave him?
 
"No more promises."
 
The words echo in his mind.
 
Junhyung realizes now.
 
Misa doesn't expect him to be there with her 24/7. Misa doesn't need him to stay with her like other boys. Misa doesn't demand him to be a perfect boyfriend for her.
 
She just wants Junhyung to keep his promises.
 
It's not his busy schedule that made her sad. It's the way Junhyung gave her false promises that she wanted to believe yet in the end they're nothing.
 
Hoshi notices the slight change in Junhyung's mind and his expression turns into serious one, "Aren't you willing to let go of your idol status to have her heart, Yong Junhyung?"
 
"Misa once said to me that I must hold on my dream...," Junhyung tightens his grip, holding tight the gold pocket watch. "I want her to be happy and letting go of my dream as an idol will not make her happy."
 
He closes his eyes and he knows perfectly which moment he wants to take as his last chance to return to the past.
 
"So, Junhyung," Doojoon's voice echoes, "what do you think?"
 
This is the third time Junhyung faces this situation. He opens his eyes to see his groupmates are waiting for his decision to pick the event they are going to attend as guest star.
 
He takes a deep breath, remembering what he did on the past before so he can do everything precisely without any change in these thirty minutes he has.
 
He picks the event where Misa works as the project officer. He goes with the flow for thirty minutes, making sure that there is no change he makes in the past.
 
Once the thirty minutes are over, darkness falls upon him and he knows he is going back to the present.
 
Junhyung is now standing on the road; no antique bookstore surrounds him.
 
Hoshi is standing in front of him with his black suit and black hat. He laughs, "Human is indeed interesting."
 
He takes out a gold pocket watch from his pocket and Junhyung notices that he is not holding a pocket watch anymore. Hoshi stares at the pocket watch with mysterious gaze, "You decided not to change anything, didn't you?"
 
"You are going back to the current present where you met me for the first time, Yong Junhyung," Hoshi glances at him. "What's the point of going back to the past then?"
 
"I just want to change everything back to what it should be," Junhyung answers firmly. "If this is what I should face, then let it be."
 
He knows he needs to talk with Misa again after Misa left him. He knows Misa will be really mad at him but this is the life he should live on.
 
"Well, well, well," Hoshi chuckles, amused by Junhyung's decision. "Good luck to you then, young man."
 
A rain drop falls on Junhyung's face; the rain is falling down, hitting the earth. When Junhyung tries to find the mysterious man, he has disappeared to nowhere.
 
Ignoring how drenched he is, Junhyung rushes to find Misa at her apartment.
 
He will apologize to her. He will meet the President to let him have a relationship with her. He will face whatever consequences he need to confront in his life.
 
Junhyung knocks the door calmly, waiting for Misa to open the door. When Misa opens it, she gives him deadly glare, "What are you doing here?"
 
"Can we talk?" Junhyung asks with sad smile. "At least please hear me for this once."
 
Misa holds her breath and finally opens the door wider for him. No matter how, she still loves Junhyung and knowing that Junhyung is drenched by the rain just because he wants to talk with her, Misa can't let him stand alone like that.
 
"Here," Misa hands the dry towel to Junhyung. "You will fall sick if you stay like that."
 
Junhyung takes one of her hands all of a sudden and embraces it gently "Misa, I can't promise you anything good..."
 
"What-" Misa wants to protest but when she sees a tear on Junhyung's face, she purses her lips. It's the first time she sees Junhyung's tears.
 
"There is nothing I can promise to you like other men," Junhyung put her hand on his chest, letting her to feel his rapid heartbeat. "But my heart..."
 
"This I promise you."