Consequence

This I Promise You -hands of time-
Junhyung messes his own hair, feeling frustrated when he doesn't find the black sweater in his wardrobe, the one Misa gave to him three months ago on his birthday... or at least the one she supposed to give him when they're supposed to be in a relationship.
 
He also doesn't find text messages or phone calls in his phone from Misa within months as if they never contacted each other.
 
"Junhyung, I'm sorry but I really think you need to take a good rest tonight," Doojoon sighs heavily, entering their bedroom. "Misa needs her time alone..."
 
"What happened?" Junhyung can't hold his urge to ask. "Why does she want me to stay away from her? What did I do?"
 
"Look, Junhyung, we went through this conversation before," Yoseob puts his hand on Junhyung's shoulder to calm him down. "I know you don't agree with us but you need to respect Misa's decision."
 
"I know this sounds crazy but...," Junhyung clears his throat awkwardly, knowing that one of the consequences he needs to face is happening: he doesn't know what happened after the change he mande in the past, "...what happened between me and Misa?"
 
His groupmates exchange looks with each other, feeling worried. Hyunseung even puts his back hand on Junhyung's forehead to check his temperature, "Are you sure you're alright?"
 
Junhyung doesn't reply; he is still waiting for an explanation. He doesn't have a single idea about what happened between him and Misa that makes Misa want him to stay away from her.
 
Yoseob is the first who manages to give him some explanations. He finds a magazine from the book shelf and hands it to Junhyung, "I know I shouldn't keep this one but I think it can remind you."
 
The headline of the cover makes Junhyung's eyes widen in surprise. It's the picture of him and Misa together which was published around five months ago. They were kissing and Junhyung remembers that this is when he left the past just now before he returned to the present.
 
He gasps when he realizes what has happened; someone caught them together and took a picture of them, causing public to figure out who the girl in the picture was.
 
Junhyung quickly opens the magazine to read the article about him and Misa. Junhyung's fans were angered by the revealed fact and Misa became the target of paparazzi for weeks.
 
"The enraged fans attacked her in her apartment, remember?" Yoseob mumbles with sad expression. "You've tried to talk with the President but all of us had been scolded because you kept the secret relationship."
 
Junhyung doesn't need to listen to Yoseob's further explanation to figure out the rest of the story. He must had been forced to break up with Misa for both of their good sakes.
 
The only possible reason why Misa doesn't want to see him anymore is probably because Misa is suffering by the attacks of his fans.
 
"W-What did they do to her?" Junhyung murmurs vividly, gritting his teeth impatiently.
 
"What's wrong with you?" Hyunseung looks more worried now. "How can you not remember anything? Did you hit your head somewhere after our interview?"
 
"Just answer me!" Junhyung raises his tone, making his friends to flinch a little due to the sudden harsh words.
 
"At first they only sent her hate letters, wrote hate words on her apartment wall while we were dealing with President for at least two weeks," Yoseob explains. "After the representative apologized for you, President assured the fans that this would never happen again."
 
"But you visited her once again without telling us after the announcement had been made. Misa had told us that she would understand the situation but things went worse after your last visit," Yoseob stops for seconds before continues again. "She accidentally fell down from the stairs when she was arguing with your fans."
 
Junhyung drops his jaw upon Yoseob's explanation. Gikwang is the one who explains further for him, "She was hospitalized for weeks and when we're allowed to visit her, she stated that she wanted you to stay away from her."
 
"I really think you need to rest for now, Junhyung," Hyunseung pats his shoulder. "We'll talk again in the morning, okay? It's past midnight already now."
 
Junhyung sits on his bed, burying his face in his hands, feeling empty all of a sudden.
 
He just wants to change everything to be better, not this way around. Now he doesn't only make Misa suffer with loneliness, he made her afraid of him.
 
While one by one of his groupmates sleeps after telling him to rest, Junhyung lays down with aching heart.
 
He can feel the pocket watch inside his pocket and he knows he is going to need his third chance soon.
 
The problem is he has no idea how to change the condition, which memory he needs to reconstruct for a better present, or what kind of change he needs to do.
 
He closes his eyes, thinking about the memories he share with Misa during their first six months relationship; those are the moments he can change with current present.
 
"If only I started without stupid promises...," Junhyung covers his eyes with his left arm. "If only we talked about our relationship to everyone sooner..."
 
"Junhyung," he hears Dongwoon calls him while the others have fallen asleep. Junhyung turns to look at the youngest member, "I don't know what happened to you but I think you need to sleep now. You can't think clearly right now."
 
He doesn't reply Dongwoon. Junhyung stares at the ceiling and sighs, "Maybe I do need some hours of sleep..."
 
Junhyung closes his eyes slowly, trying to remember every moment he had with Misa. He wants to find the crucial moment of their relationship he needs to redo.

After all he still has three chances to return to the past so a few hours of sleeping time will not do any harm to his present.
 
With the thought, he falls deep in slumber.