Prologue

This I Promise You -hands of time-
The clock has struck midnight but Junhyung still doesn't want to return to his apartment. He is sure enough that all of his groupmates will ask him why he's drenched by rain and what happened between him and Misa.
 
Misa hasn't said a word of 'break up' yet but her tears are enough for Junhyung to know that she is tired of waiting for him, tired of believing his promises, and tired of waiting for something she knows she will never have.
 
Yong Junhyung, the main rapper of an idol group BEAST, is now carrying the bleeding heart of himself because the girl he loves just left him and, ironically, he can't blame her at all. In fact Misa has stayed really long.

Which girlfriend can be better than her?
 
After almost one year after BEAST's debut, Junhyung met Misa when she was working as the project officer of an university event where BEAST was invited to perform. Everything started by a single attempt to promote his own group and continuted with text messages.
 
Three months were enough for them to know that they loved each other. Junhyung finally confessed to Misa and she gladly returned his feeling since she was in love with him as well.
 
Little did they know that everything was not as easy and smooth as they thought. Even though Junhyung had anticipated that he would be really busy and it would be difficult for him to manage his time to meet Mina who was not an artist, he never imagined that things would turn out this worse in the end.
 
For the first month, Misa told him that she was perfectly fine with his busy schedule. She tried to understand because Junhyung was very important for her. For Misa, Junhyung was the one who turned her life completely despite the fact that Junhyung don't know about it till this moment.
 
The next few months Misa tried really hard to endure her feeling. She missed Junhyung because Junhyung was really busy to promote his music with BEAST and she must felt grateful just by text messages and few phone calls.
 
Junhyung then promised her a lot of things so she would be happier. There were times where he promised for a date with her, when he said he would stay with her until she woke up, where he would come late but he would make it for her, when he would come to visit her after work.
 
Unfortunately the promises were broken in the end.
 
Thanks to his busy schedule and everything he had in mind. He tried his best and, once in a while, he could fulfill some of his promises and this is why Misa held everything inside her heart because she loves him too much.
 
Short text messages were enough for Misa. No phone calls were understandable for her. Rumors about him and other artists were ignored by her. Junhyung couldn't even mention her in his tweets because their relationship was a secret from public.
 
However tonight was different.
 
Tonight they supposed to celebrate their first anniversary together. Junhyung promised her to have a dinner date together at their favorite restaurant where they had dinner together for the first date. They would meet each other at the nearby park.
 
Unfortunately Junhyung's schedule was extended for an interview and he was late for the date. When the rain fell down, he thought Misa would not be waiting for him there. He called for numerous times but Misa didn't want to accept the calls.
 
She wanted him to come. She wanted him to keep his promise.
 
After around thirty minutes, Junhyung had a bad feeling and he left the apartment, storming out in the middle of the rain to find his girlfriend.
 
He came too late.
 
Misa couldn't take it anymore.
 
Waiting for him. Believing in him. Missing him every day.
 
All for nothing.
 
There is only one thing in his mind now. He wants to change everything so Misa doesn't need to feel the sorrow she is feeling right now because of him.

Junhyung wants to turn back the time... yet he knows it's impossible.
 
"You don't look good, young man," the unfamiliar voice greets Junhyung the moment he stops his track in front of an antique bookstore. He doesn't even realize where he was walking just now.
 
Junhyung turns around and finds a middle-aged man is standing in front of the door with black suit and white bow tie. A mysterious smile forms on his lips while Junhyung frowns with curiosity.
 
"I can guess you have a problem with your girlfriend...," he mumbles, "...or perhaps your ex-girlfriend."
 
Junhyung scoffs and walks away; he doesn't need to listen to a creepy person at midnight. He wants to be alone.
 
"Do you want to back to your past?"
 
His question stops Junhyung from walking away. Junhyung turns around with puzzled look. He is not sure about what he just heard.
 
"I know you want to back to the past so you can change your present," the man approaches him, still having the smile. "I can help you."
 
"It's ridiculous." Junhyung sighs. He knows it's stupid for him to believe this person but he is curious why he can read his mind. "Time moves forward, not backward."
 
"Nothing is impossible, Yong Junhyung," he whispers and takes a gold pocket watch from his pocket while Junhyung feels more curious about why this man knows his name; he shrugs it off because he probably knows Junhyung is an idol.
 
He holds the chain while the watch swings in front of Junhyung. He frowns, trying to focus on what he is looking at.

 
His eyes widen when he realizes that the time hands move backwards. The second hand moves from twelve to eleven and then to ten.
 
"This...," the man grins, "...can help you."
 
__________

Author's Note:

Credit of the picture goes to Twizz3344.deviantart.com . :)


I'm going to change the picture and add the title due to the theme of the story.
Thank you.


I hope you enjoy the prologue. :)