Our First Date

Confused

   The next day, I woke up to Baekhyun shaking in his sleep. I put my hand on his arm to shake him awake but noticed he was cold so instead of waking him up I just put the covers tightly around us and held him close.

    Memories from yesterday, the kiss, came back with a warm greeting. I was glad he confessed and that we were now dating.

   When I came out of my thoughts I looked over to find Baekhyun looking at me with a brilliant smile.

  "Hello, lover." He joked.

   "Hey, my prince." I joked back.

   "We should go out on a date today." Baekhyun suggested.

   "But are you still sick? I don't want it to get worse." He nodded.

   "Yeah but we can just have a picnic in the park or something!"

   "I don't know. It's in the middle of fall and it tends to get really cold. You might get worse than just a cold." He frowned and thought of another option.

   "We could get big blankets and jackets and I could sit on your lap and we could hold each other." He sounded like a child the was he was so excited about going to the park.

   "Maybe. We could also bring coffee or hot chocolate." He nodded with a big smile.

  "Okay let's get packed!" It was obvious he was excited.

   "Okay, let's get to it." I smiled. Hr jumped out of bed and I followed shortly after.

   "We should just go to the store and buy a few blankets and snacks." Baekhyun offered.

   "Okay, my mom add money to my card ever few weeks since Im in college and they don't want me to have to worry about working too."

  I got the card out of my pocket and waved it around. "Let's go."

   We got in Baek's car and drove to the nearest store for blankets and snacks.

   "We should get this blanket!" Baekhyun held up a blanket, on it was a fox surrounded by stars.

   "Aw, yes we shall. Should we get another blanket too or will one be good?" I wondered aloud. "This is pretty good size. If we get a second blanket we won't have an excuse to sit close." Baekhyun commented, winking.😉

   "Oh, we don't need an excuse." I said twice as playful and grabbed Baekhyun, kissing him lightly on his soft lips. I felt him smile before kissing back.

    "Aw" a voice can from nowhere, breaking us up. It was Kai. "I came to get stuff to make soup for Sehun. Since when have you two been...."

    He pauses and pointed at us.

   "Since yesterday. It happened when we woke up from a nap after leaving your and Sehun's dorm. Now were going on a date in the park unless Baek starts feeling sick again. He caught whatever Sehun has."

   Kai frowned. "Sorry, Baek. You didn't have to visit him."

    "Yeah, I get sick easily and I'd prefer getting it by visiting a sick friend of mine rather than a stranger." I smiled.

   "Okay, well he wants you two to come back and visit." I nodded.

    "We'll visit him later today."

    "Okay, I'll let you guys finish shopping. Bye~"

    And with that Kai left. Baekhyun was smiling, clearly excited about the date. I just picked a plain black, but fuzzy, blanket for us to sit on.

   "Okay we got two blankets, now let's get snacks." I said looking down an aisle of cookies.

   "Want cookies?" I ask Baekhyun.

    "Yes, yes."

   "Wanna pick?"

    "Okay." Baekhyun was excited to pick the cookies. Sometimes he really does remind me of a child. He skipped down the aisle and stopped when he saw a package of pecan cookies. He grabbed them quickly as if they'd disappear if he didn't. "These!"

   "Okay, okay put them in the basket. Is there another kind you want?"

  He shook his head.

    "Okay what else should we get?"

   We grabbed melon flavored popsicles and cups premade boba tea. We checked our and started driving to a park.

   "There's a nice looking one!" Baekhyun pointed out a park to the right. It had yellow-green grass, very few flowers, sidewalks, and benches. We got out and walked over to an oak tree and laid out the black blanket. We unpacked the snacks and sat down.

     "I'm glad its a Saturday with no school. And I'm even more glad to had met you." Baekhyun said looking up at me. I leaned in and quickly kissed him before getting a melon Popsicle.

    Baekhyun got on too. " My favorite thing to do when I have these is to rub it on my lips until it melts. When I was younger and my mom would give me one and I would act like it was lipstick."

   I followed Baekhyun actions and rubbed the Popsicle on my lips like lipstick. We laughed and this time he was the one to kiss me.  

     He put the Popsicle in his mouth and put the stock between his two palms and rolled it in a circle. "But my new favorite thing about these is watermelon flavored kisses!"

    Baek turned his head right before sneezing a few times. He started coughing. It became much colder than when we went shopping. I reached over and felt his head.

    "Oh boy, you're warm again. We should go to our dorm and lay you down."

   He shook his head and said 'no' and got in my lap leaning his head on my shoulder. I grabbed the second blanket and wrapped it around him tightly to keep him warm.

   He soon started to fall asleep so I drove back to the dorm and laid him in my bed.

     "I'm going to get you some soup and sprite okay. You'll be fine alone for a minute right?"

    He nodded "Please hurry back and be safe."

   I left and picked up some bowtie noodles and other stuff for soup then stopped by my friend, Chen's, apartment to cook the soup. I knocked on the door when I got there.

  "Who is it?" Chen asked.

   "Its me, Chanyeol." He opened the door and let me in. I went straight to the kitchen and put a pot of water on the stove to boil. I look in the fridge while asking

   "Do you have chicken I can cook for soup right now?" He pointed to the freezer.

    "I was going to cook it for Lay and I but he went out with his other friends for the night. You can use it. I also have a gar of chicken seasoning for more flavor."

   He got it out and grabbed a spoon.

   "Thanks. My friend...." I paused. "I mean boyfriend is sick. I wanted to make him good soup, not canned soup."

    Chen looked confused for a second.

    "Okay first of all, when did you get a boyfriend and second of all why didn't you tell me about it?" He questioned.

    "Yesterday. And because we just got together yesterday. We woke up from a nap and I don't know, it just happened. You know the new roommate I told you about."

   He nodded "Yeah, what dites that have to do with anything?"

   I turned and completely faced Chen, grabbing his shoulders and shaking them. "God, you're hopeless. It all goes over your head. The roommate is now my boyfriend. I swear it was love at first sight. Like the first time he saw me I was in nothing but a towel and he was all blushy and aww. I told you he I had a weird feeling."

   The water started boiling so I added the noodles and chicken seasoning. "I didnt know that was the kinda feeling you meant ! And who told their feelings first?"

   "He did. I was advised to wait for him to come out first."

    I checked the noodles. They were soft so I turned the burner off and poured the soup into a glass bowl I bought before getting here.

    "How did the truth come out?"

   I paused preparing to tell the story. "I woke up to my phone ringing so I answered it. Me talking woke him up so I left the dorm room to finish the call. When I came back and laid back down, he asked what was wrong I told him I was fine and not to worry and to go back to sleep, he said he just want to be close to me. And he scooted closer to me and put his head on my chest...."

   Chen interrupted. "Wait isn't there two beds in the dorm. Why do you sleep together?"

I smiled.

   "It just happened that way. It was always cold in the room and the heater was broke so we cuddled every night."

   He nodded in understanding.

   "Anyway. I thought he fell asleep so I wondered out loud 'why does he want to be close to me?' And he heard me. Looked at me, obviously hurt and asked 'do you not want to be close to me? Do you not feel the same?' Than he told me I was special to him and he liked me."

   Chen smiled like a mother and held his heart with an 'aw'.

    "Yeah and he was sick because one of our friends is also sick and we went to visit him and he caught whatever he had. That's why I made this soup."

   I picked up the lid and placed it on the bowl, than picked it up.

  "Now, I have to get to back to my prince. Bye, Chen."

   "Bye, Yeol! Next time update me first!"

     When I came back Baekhyun was sleeping. "Baek? Do you want soup?" He quickly woke up and sat at the computer desk, in the middle of the room between the two beds.

    He ate half a bowl of soup and drank a cup of sprite before wanting to sleep. So we did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the crapy ending. My goal was to get 2 chapters up this month so I just eneed there. 

Hope you enjoy!! 

Comment, subscribe, and upvote if you want😊

~~Chloe xoxo~~