Mission #VI

R.O.V.I.X. Cooperation

Wonshik opens his eyes to find pure darkness around him. His eyes switch automatically to night-vision, but nothing shows. He tugs at his arms, finding them restrained. He moves his feet, only to find them in the same position.

A light flickers on, blinding Wonshik. A man walks in, slamming the door behind him. His white lab coat sways around him. He walks to Wonshik, scissors in hand. Wonshik attempts to move back, failing in his efforts. His clothing is cut away, revealing his chest. It's opened, allowing the dull, red light to fill the room. The scientist smiles, reaching out to grab it. He jolts, moving back before he is even close to it.

"Scientist Kim, you've done enough. I'm one of the few who knows how to disable their defenses."

Wonshik looks up at the new scientist entering. "H-Hyoshin?" He asks, looking up at him, a tick starting when he speaks. "Y-You y-you w-work f-for—"

"Your voice chip is damaged Wonshik. Let me fix that for you," Hyoshin speaks, shutting Wonshik's chest. He moves to his neck. Wonshik leans back, before Hyoshin opens his neck. Small sparks fly, as Hyoshin works. "There. Fixed."

"You're a traitor," Wonshik speaks, struggling against his bindings.

"I figured you'd understand. Wonshik, they let me create. I made the hearts, and I'm so close to perfecting them," Hyoshin explains, smiling wide.

"But you said the creator was dead," Wonshik says, as Hyoshin moves to the door.

"The perfect cover, don't you think?" He replies, leaving with a look which Wonshik doesn't recognize.



 

Gunfire pulls Wonshik's attention. His door is kicked open, and he finds himself staring down the length of a barrel.

"Agent Ravi?"

Wonshik looks up to find another R.O.V.I.X. Agent facing him.

"Agent Kai?" He asks. Kai advances, shooting at the bindings. Wonshik stands, nodding at him.

"Why is EXO-K here?" He asks, as he leaves behind Kai. A pistol is handed to him.

"I don't know. Speak with Agent Suho when we meet up," Kai speaks, as Wonshik shifts the weapon. They walk back, Wonshik on edge. They meet a group, and they turn to face him.

"Hello," Wonshik greets, looking at the six.

"Agent Ravi. Where did you find him, Agent Kai?" Suho speaks, sorting his medications.

"In an interrogation room. He's been missing, hasn't he?" Kai asks, as Suho puts his bag back on.

"He has. Let's get him back to headquarters. This was just a dry run," Suho speaks, moving his hand up to contact Inguk.



 

Wonshik stands alone before Inguk. His group stands behind Inguk.

"What happened?" Inguk asks, glaring at him.

"I was captured, sir," Wonshik explains. He clasps his hands behind his back.

"Why didn't you engage your hostage protocols?"

"I was knocked out. I awakened bound. I could not engage protocols."

"Is there anything worth mentioning from you?"

"I know who made the hearts. He talked with me."

Inguk marches up to him. "Show me." Wonshik marches over to the computer screen. He plugs himself into the system. He pulls up a video file of him and Hyoshin talking. Inguk's eyes widen as he learns the truth.

"All teams, broken or complete, advance to retrieve Hyoshin. Consider him armed and dangerous. I want him alive," Inguk commands, looking at VIXX. He calls other groups, telling them the same order.



 

Wonshik and Taekwoon stand at attention, in front of Hyoshin's cell. Rifles are crossed in front of their chests. Hyoshin sits with his head facing down, a small toy in his hands. He plays with it, chuckling slightly.

"Love is a funny emotion," he speaks. His voice cracks from lack of use. "It can make you frantic, scared, and desperate." Wonshik shifts, turning to glare at him. "But it can be warm, soft, and beautiful."

Hyoshin looks up, meeting Wonshik's eyes. Dirt covers his face, hair sticking to his cheeks, dull garments on his body. "That's why you go for it. For the joy. For the happiness. For the beauty."

Hyoshin looks down, back at his toy. A clock ticks on the wall, ticking down to Hyoshin's end.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Two chapters ago makes sense now, doesn't it? Hehe. Plot stuff. I feel like I'm rushing, but I also don't care... Oh well. (-<) <3 ^_^