Mission #IV

R.O.V.I.X. Cooperation

Wonshik bites down on his lips to prevent himself from screaming. The other three look back, blinking at the explosion.

"Leo. Are you there?" Wonshik whispers. Static greets him. "Leo! Answer me!" Wonshik panics. He grabs his rifle and its bag. He slides down the rocks, arriving at the entrance. The others look at him, and Wonshik composes himself.

"Start digging. Get them out. I'll call to the cooperation," he commands. They don't move, staring at him. "Now!" They move to the pile, as Wonshik switches from the close range to long distance signals.

"Is there a problem, Agent Ravi?" Inguk asks. Static filters into the audio system.

"Agents Leo and Hongbin are trapped under rock. The others are trying to shift some of it. Please send aid," Wonshik reports, breathing steadily.

"I shall. Expect it soon. Help them move the rock," Inguk commands. Wonshik nods.

"I understand," he speaks, disconnecting the signal. He walks over to the rest. They nod at him, as he joins to shift the material.



 

Wonshik stands at attention. Hyoshin pounds metal out, forcing it into a flat sheet. Sparks fly around him. "I'll tell you when they're repaired. You should recharge."

"Taekwoon is my partner. I will not leave him." Wonshik's voice comes out duller than usual. Hyoshin looks up at him, frowning deeply.

"What about Hongbin?" He asks, tilting his head.

"He can be replaced," Wonshik answers without a second thought.

"You'd rather have Taekwoon than Hongbin on your team?" Hyoshin confirms, watching Wonshik's reaction.

"Of course," he replies. Hyoshin sets the metal down. He walks to Wonshik, and pulls apart his shirt. He knocks a code onto the skin, forcing it to slide apart. "Sir?"

"," he mutters, putting everything back. He steps away, and runs his fingers through his hair. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

"What, sir?" Wonshik asks.

Hyoshin panics, sitting down. He stands, before pacing the room. Wonshik watches him, blinking slowly. "You're in love, Wonshik."

Wonshik steps back, tilting his head. He shakes his head, denying that. "How? You said the hearts couldn't develop that emotion."

"I don't know how. I don't know. Love was supposed to be for Hongbin. I've failed," he whispers, walking over to his body.

"Why Hongbin?" Wonshik asks, as Hyoshin cups Hongbin's dented cheek.

"I once had a lover. His name was Hongbin. He fell to illness and died without telling me. I guess making him was me coping my loss. I loved him, more than he'd ever know," Hyoshin whispers, pulling his hand away. He leans against the table. "Hongbin will be saved. Along with Taekwoon."

"Hyoshin?" Wonshik speaks, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah," he mutters, holding his sides.

"Can you do something for me?" Wonshik asks, rubbing his trigger finger.

"What?" Hyoshin asks back, tilting his head.

"Can you put the other heart inside Taekwoon?" Wonshik whispers, gently squeezing it. Hyoshin gasps out loud, as Wonshik's finger pops out with a mesh of metal and wires.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is the chapter where backstory became plot. Just saying. You'll understand soon. (-<) <3 ^_^