Chapter 6

That time back then

"Stop stop! Can you act more like you're helplessly in love?"

They started to practice their play as soon as they got enough members. Nara as Aurora, Seungkwan as Maleficent, Changhyun as Prince Phillip, Junhong as flora, Wonwoo as Merryweather , Minghao as Fauna , Jisoo as King Stefan, and Seunghee as Queen Leah and the narrator. Nara was having abit difficulties in being the princess.

"How do I act like that Mr.Min?" 

"Like you fell in love with a book! Think of a book that you like!"

"I-I have to choose?? Oh my God no..." Nara stammered and played with her fingers. Mr.Min facepalmed.

"Let's take a break first. Nara, you should watch more romantic movies!" Mr.Min said and checked the script of the play.

"How do I act like that Changhyun??" She half-whined and slumped her body on the floor. "It's like your desperate to make someone yours." Seungkwan said while sitting down near Nara. 

"Oh Wonwoo!" Mijoo came running into the auditorium. Nara felt a little clench on her heart but shrugged it and continued rehearsing her dialogues with Changhyun.

"Hey joo!" Mijoo giggled and approached Wonwoo. "Can you help me-I mean us to decorate the stand with flowers?" 

Wonwoo frowned while playing with the tip of his script. "Didn't you guys want to do it?" Mijoo pouted and slung her arm to Wonwoo's hands. Nara clenched her script slightly, trying to be calm. 

"Oh come on! Please don't leave us wonnie!" With that, she dragged him out of the auditorium.

"Just like that!" Seungkwan suddenly snapped his fingers.

"W-what?" Nara turned her head to the Jeju boy. He smirked and evil laughed. 'He seems like Malificent alot more now.' Nara thought.

"Honey, just think of Wonwoo when you act." Nara blushed and mentally facepalmed. He wriggled his eyebrows and clapped his hands.

"Come on! We've got to help a girl to know how to act like a princess falling in love!"

 

The school bell rang and Nara went out of her class and opened her locker. Today's practice was abit tiring because it's the first time and the drama club did a few experiments. Nara sighed and closed her locker.

"Why do you look so tired?" Nara threw her books on reflex. "Woahh! No need to be scared. It's just me!" The brown haired boy, used to be blond, grinned at her and kneeled down to take her books.

"Why did you do that? I'm so shocked." Nara shooked her head and muttered a thank you while retrieving her books from the boy. Soonyoung laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Nara can I play in your house? I mean my brother isn't coming home until six and I'm bored."

Soonyoung pouted. "Okay then. How about Jihoon and Wonwoo?" He started to laugh and grabbed Nara's arm.

"I went to their house almost every weekend. I'm boreddd" Soonyoung puffed his cheeks. Nara blushed and slided Soonyoung's arm from her.

"O-okay."

Walking home that day was fun, accompanied by Soonyoung. He told her lots of things. From his favourite dancer until Jihoon's stash of Justin Bieber's album.

"You live alone here?" Soonyoung said while scanning her house. "No, my mom's probably went out to buy grocery stuffs. Make yourself at home." Nara said and dropped her bag on the couch. Soonyoung followed her and sat on the couch.

"Did you practice your play today?" Soonyoung slightly shouted because Nara was in the kitchen preparing two tea for her and her friend. 

"Umm yeah I did. It's still not that good." She placed two mugs on the coffee table infront of the couch.

"Can I see the script? I'm curious." Soonyoung took out his phone. "In return I can show you the dance club performance." He motioned at his phone.

"Deal." Nara nodded and opened her bag. 

"Wow! You're playing as the princess? Well it suits you." Nara blushed and sat next to him. Soonyoung read the characters. He widened his eyes and stifled a laugh.

"Jeon Wonwoo as a fairy-AHAHAHAH!"

He started laughing and clutched his stomach.

"Well he is gardening fairy after all." Soonyoung trutted off and continued reading.

"I'm still confused playing as Aurora?" Soonyoung frowned and tilted his head to Nara. "Why?" 

"I'm not that good at acting as a beautiful princess who fell in love with the prince." Soonyoung nodded his head and grabbed Nara's shoulder, making her startled.

"You came to the right place my child." Nara raised her eyebrow. "As if you have a girlfriend." Soonyoung blushed and faked coughed.

"Anyways, I'm a dancer. Sometimes we also have to act. Falling in love, my child, is the feeling when you get nervous and your heartbeat beats fast when you see a certain person. And you're attracted to the person."

"Yeah I know that one. I'm just very bad at acting." Soonyoung stood up and offered a hand.

"Come on! Let's practice!"

 

 

 "Say that line while you're imagining your own prince. Again!" Soonyoung sat on the couch, looking like Mr.Min like that, while Nara stood up as she repeated her line.

'Hmm my own prince...' Nara tried to get the best picture of her own perfect prince. And them suddenly Wonwoo's face popped up om her head. She blushed and cupped her cheeks.

'YAH CHOI NARA!' Nara thought and continued to blush furiously. 

"He's the most charming man I've ever seen!" Soonyoung clapped his hands and stood up.

"Well done! You got that perfectly! Next scene!" 

They practiced alot until they reached the highlight of the story. "So princess, you're under a sleeping spell in this scene and the prince came to the rescue." 

Nara laid her body on the couch and closed her eyes. "Oh my dear Aurora! I found you!" Said Soonyoung from the kitchen and approached Nara. He kneeled down and caressed her face. Nara slightly blushed and tried to not open her eyes. 

"I'm sorry... I was too late." Soonyoung cupped her face and slowly leaned down. Nara being panicked, she sat up straight quickly, bumping her head on Soonyoung's face.

"Ouch!"

"I'm sorry! I panicked because I thought that you'll kiss me on the lips."

"Ah no! I'm not going to take advantage of you Nara!" Soonyoung gasped and clutched his heart.

"You think that I'm that kind of man?" He said dramatically.

"N-no! I'm just too shocked. Well maybe you can kiss my forehead instead..?" Nara suggested. Soonyoung smiled and patted her head.

"Anything for the sleeping princess." Nara laid back down and closed her eyes, trying to calm her heartbeat.

"I'm sorry... I was too late." Soonyoung reenacted the line again. He cupped her cheeks and stared at her quietly. He slowly leaned down.

"I love you so much." He kissed her forehead and she instantly opened her eyes.

"My prince! You saved my life!" Soonyoung looked up to Nara and hugged her.

"You're alive! My love, will you marry me?" "Yes I do!"

"And then they lived happily ever after. The end." Soonyoung said while still hugging her tightly.

"Soonyoung, you can let go of me now.." He instantly broke the hug and scratched the back of his neck.

"That was good Nara! Keep up the good work. Whoops look at the time! I should get going now." He started to pack up his bag and went to the front door.

"I'll show you the dance tomorrow okay?" Soonyoung said while ruffling her hair.

"Bye princess!" He waved at her and she returned the gesture.

"Bye Soonyoung! See you tomorrow!" He grinned and walked through the road.