Chapter 4

That time back then

Walking to school the next morning seems to be alot noisier than usual. Maybe because Choi Jungkook, walked beside an average looking girl, who's his own sister. Whispers could be heard by the embarassed girl. His-girlfriend-is-so-ugly-he's-very-handsome-but-have-low-standard conversation filled up both of their ears.

Nara sighed. It was always like this. She's used to this treatment. Her brother, the charming prince. And her, the ugly looking frog. Large hands blocked out the awful conversation by closing their hands on Nara's ear who was looking down during the whole walk to school.

She looked up and saw her older brother looking back at her with concern, then looking straight ahead. They stopped at the front of the school's gate.

"Nara be strong. I don't care about what others say about you. Remember that I'll always care about you because you're my little nara." He ruffled her hair and smiled. "I'll always be strong because I'm Kookie's sister. See you kookie." She waved him goodbye while entering the school ground.

He waved back and waited until the younger one entered the school safely and went back home. 

 

Nara arrived to her class and settle down on her seat. "Hey Nara!" Chaeryeong greeted while walking into their classroom.

"How's Kookie?" Fortunately, Chaeryeong's desk was infront of Nara's desk. So, they can talk with each other without interrupting others.

"He's good. How's your dance class?" Chaeryeong sighed  "I didn't get the main role for the dance recital, again."

"Don't worry, I know that you'll get the next one." Chaeryeong smiled and playfully slapped her bestfriend's arm. "Eyhh, don't sugar coat it." Nara opened , trying to deny it. But the sound of the classroom being opened in a hurry made the two girls and their other classmates glanced at the door.

There was Soonyoung, one of Wonwoo's friend, stood at the entrance of the class. The others get back to their own business while Soonyoung approached Nara's desk.

"Hello girls!" He greeted them and grinned. "Umm, hi." Soonyoung folded his arms on Nara's desk and kneeled so that he's on the same eye level with Nara and Chaeryeong. "Can I borrow your English text book? I left mine in my house. Pleaseeee..." Soonyoung pleaded.

"Sorry, but we don't have English today..." Chaeryeong stated. "But I think I left my text book in my locker." Nara added in, resulting Soonyoung to stood up and cheered.

------------------------

"You're like my life saviour!! Thank you!!" 

The boy said while clutching the said book tightly. "How rude I am to borrow your book without knowing your name! What's your name?" Nara looked up to see Soonyoung's twinkling eyes.

"I'm Na-" "Hey Soonyoung bro!" The owner of the voice approached them while slinging a sport bag. "Oh, Mingyu! Hey!" They did a signature hand moves. Feeling that she was bothering the two friends, Nara quietly closed her locker and slipped out from them.

"Hey Ms.English text book!" Soonyoung shouted, seeing Nara already halfway walk from her locker. "I didn't get your-" As if on cue, the ball rang and students dashed into their assigned classroom, including Nara, not wanting to be late.

-----------------------------

"People are saying that Kookie is your boyfriend." Somi pointed out while pointing her fork to Nara. Nara scrunched her face and face palmed.

"Uggghh people really like to gossip." Opening her eyes, she was greeted by a boy, 2 tables from her, eating with his friends. Wonwoo silently ate his lunch while his other friend make fun of Jihoon.

Feeling that he was being watched, Wonwoo lifted his eyes and stare straight into Nara. She tilted her head, not knowing what to do. To her suprise, the boy smiled and waved at her.

'Did he just smiled at me... No, I must be imagining things' She rubbed her eyes and Wonwoo is still smiling at her. Natty choked on her food and bumped Nara's shoulder.

"Are you an idiot?!! Wave back, hurry!" She said in hushed tone. Being so confused, Nara lifted her hand and awkwardly wave back at the black haired boy, and continued eating. Checking if the boy was still looking at them only to see him talking with his friends, Natty headlocked Nara.

"If I weren't here now, you're going to miss that opportunity." "I'm sorry!!"

------------------------------

"You're just cute!" "I'm not cute! I'm a man! Handsome is the word, not cute!" "See? You're acting cute again!"

The shorter boy glared at his peaceful lunch time intruder and lifted his tray of food. "Soonyoung! He's mad! What should we do?!" Mingyu dramatically shielded his face.

"If I hear that word ONE more time-" "Cute." Soonyoung replied blatantly. Mingyu widen his eyes "No!" It was too late, Jihoon had already took their pudding from their tray.

"No!!!!" Mingyu dramatically cried. Meanwhile, Wonwoo who was eating silently, slightly ignored his friends. It was always like this. Wonwoo doesn't talk to much, but infront of his friends, he's loud, even louder than Boo Seungkwan from drama club.

But now, he just need some time alone. How? By being quiet while his friends are talking.  He slowly lifted up his head, only to be seeing a pair of eyes bore on him. Trying not to be rude, he smiled and waved at the girl, Nara.

After she waved back, he went back to eating. "So, I see you already have a girlfriend." Mingyu choked and coughed.

"WHAT YOU HAVE A GIRLF-" Jihoon shut Mingyu's mouth by glaring at him.

"What girlfriend? She's only a friend." Wonwoo knitted his eyebrows while eyeing his friends.

"Jihoon, which one?" Jihoon pointed out at a certain girl. "That one." Soonyoung face lit up.

"Oh! Ms.English text book! You know her?" Wonwoo halted eating. "Yes I do. You know her?" Soonyoung pulled out a book from his bag.

"Yeah! I borrowed her book." Wonwoo stared at him blankly and turned back to his food. Mingyu opened his mouth

"Jihoon, can you give me back my puddi-"

"No."

"....sorry"

 

Thank you for stopping by at this fanfic^^ Feel free to comment, I won't bite:3 And I'm sorry for any grammatical errors because English isn't my first language>.<