Seungri 3

The forbidden love

Internal liver bleeding was what my manager told me. I woke up in the ICU and only my manager was there. He filled me in about what transpired in the few days I was unconscious. He had informed my parents about my car accident and told me that Hanna was still unconscious. I was instantly alert and panicky, afraid that the news would spread and Hanna would be exposed to the ruthless world.
“Don’t worry. No one is aware of Hanna’s situation. I only informed Sajangnim about it and he was very understanding. He decided to help protect Hanna from the media by sacrificing you. I hope you don’t mind that you made headline once again. The company is not making any statements without your permission.” He assured me quickly at my rising heart rate. Before I could ask any questions, the doctor and nurses rushed in to check on me. 
I was bedridden for a two days until I was well enough to get down from the bed. With the help from my manager, I was wheel chaired to Hanna’s room. There was no progress on her part. My parents left me alone to talk to her as my manager accompanied them to the cafeteria. 
“Hanna ah. It’s me. Seunghyun oppa. Your Seunghyun oppa is here. Hanna, stop sleeping. You are being lazy like this. Your toned muscles would be gone before you realise it.” I caressed her face adoringly. Tears fall uncontrollably at the sight of her scrawny and pale self. “Hanna! I am so sorry! Oppa is sorry. Don’t leave me please. You are my only sister and I love you. I love you so please fight on. For me. Do it for oppa ne?”  
I spent the next 30 minutes talking to her, reminiscing our childhood together before I was wheeled away by the nurse forcefully. The next day, I discharged myself despite the warnings from the doctor. I hadn’t fully recovered but it was driving me crazy to be bedridden when Hanna is fighting for her life. I needed to visit the police station to take my statements again and discussed about the upcoming YG Family concerts. Apparently the doctor was right and I was hospitalised again form the over exhaustion. My liver started bleeding again and the doctor warned that there might be a possibility of surgery if the bleeding doesn’t stop overnight. The high fever did not help my case. 
After a few weeks of rest, I made gradual but steady recovery. When I was discharged officially by the doctor, I made my way to Hanna’s room. No one was there. I sat next to her bed and held onto her bony hand. “Hanna. You made us wait too long. Even oppa has recovered from my liver wound so why are you so stubborn? Why are you so foolish? You should let me know. I would understand. I would help you. I would-“
“She loves you.” a familiar voice cut off my rant. I turned around slowly to face my mother. “Wha..what?” I stammered.
“She loves you,” she repeated. “Romantically.”
I was stunned into silence. How did mom know? 
She sighed in wearily, “call it mother instinct. I noticed her weird fixation on you since you guys are young. She was always seeking your attention even if it means by provoking you. But I first noticed something was amiss when she was admitted to the hospital from fainting. She was diagnosed with anorexia but all she was concerned about was not letting you know. That’s when the warning siren blared. But I kept it to myself. I didn’t want to admit that my daughter love my son in the wrong way. I was cowardly leaving my daughter to face her demons. I knew she was suffering yet I left her to be. I am a failure of a mother. If I had confronted her feelings and gave her my support and guidance this would not happen.” Towards the end, she could no longer keep her composure and cried silently. I hugged her comfortingly, “no, it’s never your fault mom. It was all mine. I knew about her feelings towards me too. And I pushed her over the edge. I brought a girlfriend to wake her up. I wanted her to give up on me. It was never my intention for this to happen mom. I am sorry. Forgive me.” We hugged each other and cried together, hoping that Hanna would take pity of us and wake up soon.

I was busy with getting back to shape and taking care of my family. My parents were worn out from the constant hospital visits and the netizens are bashing me on the net as usual but I could care less about them. However, sajangnim wanted to hold a press conference because the rumours spreading online was jeopardising BigBang’s image. I agreed reluctantly with the condition that Hanna was not to be mentioned at all. None of the BigBang members was informed about my family matters and even my manager and sajangnim only knew that Hanna attempted suicide. I would like to keep it that way as this is the least I can do for Hanna.

The BigBang hyungs attended the press conference to show their support. They have been so busy that with the YG Family tour that this was the first time since that fateful day that we gathered as a group. They gave me a reassuringly pat before we were led to the stage. Cameras were flashing away immediately blinding me right from the start. I would never have thought that I would grow to hate this blinding flash one day. 
I answered the questions accordingly. The YG Public and Relation staffs have prepared a script for me to memorise. I handled all questions shooting at me, bearing the full brunt of their accusations. I continued to put on my poker face even when the Daesung who was next to me was flinching at their harsh words. But I was fine. I deserved it. As long as Hanna was fine I don’t mind drowning in their hatred. 
God must have hated me because the most unexpected and feared question popped out of nowhere leaving me shocked and shaking.
“Does Lee Hanna has anything to do with this accident? According to my Intel, Lee Hanna was admitted to the same hospital on the same day. The hospital refused to disclose any information but I heard from a neighbour that-“
“Stop it!” I shouted, heaving in full panic mode. Everyone was shocked by my outburst especially when I was unusually emotionless throughout the session. 
“Please. Don’t bring her into this. She has nothing to do with this. She is just a normal university student living her normal life so why are you bringing her up because of my mistake?! Are you trying to ruin her life?!” I yelled at the reporter who was taken aback by my flare-up. Angry tears escaped from the edge of my eyes as I wiped them away quickly. I was trembling in anger and fear as Daesung hyung pulled me into a hug. Taeyang hyung and Top hyung also stood up from their seats and shielded us from the cameras whereas Jiyong hyung took the mike and announced that the press conference was over. 
Despite not knowing anything, my hyungs still protected me and pulled me to the backstage. I was really grateful but the anxious look on my manager’s face who was on his phone distracted me. Once he saw me, he hurried to me and pulled me away after giving my worried hyungs an apologetic look. He shoved his phone to me and I put it to my ear tentatively.

“Seunghyun ah! Hanna! Hanna is going to jump. She is at the rooftop of the hospital building now!” my mom’s frantic voice resounded.