Angels

Guardian Angel

Your eyes opened to a loud clash of thunder. 

Frowning, you groggily looked out the window to see raindrops splattering on the glass.  Rolling over, you peeked at the floor next to your bed.  Your heart sank to see blankets and a pillow neatly folded to the side but no Yoongi.  You had insisted that he sleep on the bed with you again, but he had adamantly refused, and you had begrudgingly settled for him sleeping on the floor next to you with the promise that he would stay. You jumped as another loud clap of thunder shook your window violently.  Slipping out of bed, you made your way downstairs. 

You smiled as you saw Taehyung sprawled out on the couch, sleeping with one leg on the floor. His shirt was bunched up to one side and you saw a small butterfly tattoo on his collarbone that you had never noticed before. 

 

“Hey,”

 

You jumped and turned around.  Yoongi held out your mug. 

“Coffee.” He said awkwardly as you broke out into a big grin. 

“You stayed” You accepted the mug, your grin widening. 

He shrugged.  “I said I would.” 

You had only taken a sip when your smile froze. 

“Yoongi……your nose is bleeding.”

You quickly rushed to the dining table and set down your mug, grabbing a box of tissues as Yoongi tilted his head back, his hand covering the bottom part of his face.

“I told you to sleep on my bed.”  You frowned. You pulled out a few tissues with shaky hands a wiped the blood off his white chin. 

“It’s fine” He mumbled with tissues pressed against his nose.  He took the bloody tissues away from your hand. 

The fuss woke up Taehyung. 

“Mmm..? Whats happening?”  He asked hoarsely as he sat up. 

You glanced at him. 

“Good morning, Yoongi got a nosebleed.” 

Taehyung got up, rubbing his eyes. 

“Is there breakfast?” 

Yoongi carefully removed the tissue from his nose. 

“I made omelets.”  He said, sniffling slightly. 

Taehyung trudged into the kitchen, yawning. 

“You should go eat too.”  Yoongi threw out the bloodied tissues. 

You still looked at him worried but nodded. 

“Oh wait, I forgot my phone upstairs.”  You stopped as you turned to go to your room as Yoongi went over to Taehyung to help heat up the food. 

Opening your door, you looked around your room for the phone and found it on your desk.  Next to your phone was your laptop, which you thought you had turned off the night before.   You noticed it was opened to a paper you had been working on.  Strange, you thought you had finished it a few days ago. 

Walking closer to your desk, your movements froze as you read a line on the bottom of the page that you had never written. 

 

Not now, but soon. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

You stared off into space as you hugged your knees to your chest on your bed.  Taehyung wrapped an arm around your shoulder and you leaned into his warmth.  Yoongi sat on your desk, staring at the laptop. 

“Taehyung..” You looked up at his face.

“Hmm?” 

“What’s going on?” 

Taehyung ran a hand over your hair. 

“Don’t worry about it sweetheart.” 

You looked over at Yoongi, who looked sick to his stomach. 

“I called Namjoon.”  Taehyung said to him.

Yoongi nodded slowly. 

Who’s Namjoon?  You wanted to ask, but something told you it was not the right time.

You jumped, a little too violently as someone rapped on your window. 

“Relax,”  Taehyung whispered with his velvet voice as you frantically hid behind him.

The window swung open, and two boys clobbered inside your room.  You peeked carefully. 

“Oh man, we almost got the wrong house.”  The orange haired boy said as he dusted off his pants. 

“Yeah, we got the notification about thirty four seconds ago and came here immediately.” The taller boy huffed. 

Yoongi ignored them as Taehyung grinned. 

“That ones Jungook, and that’s Jimin next to him.  They’re archangels.”  He said to you as they walked over, Jimin gently patting Yoongi’s shoulder. 

You burst out into laughter. 

“PFFFFFFFFT Archangels?  Like warrior angels?  You mean like from the bible?”

Jungkook and Jimin stared at you.  You quickly shut up. 

“Sorry..” you mumbled, coughing. 

“How’s our troublemaker?”  Jimin came to mess up Taehyung’s hair. 

Jungook laughed as he followed and plopped down on the floor next to the bed.  His laughter sounded like warm sunshine on a lazy Sunday afternoon. 

“Guys, this is the infamous _____________” Taehyung pulled you out from behind him. 

“Hi!” Jimin tapped your cheek with his index finger.  “pretty face.” He commented as he sat down next to Jungkook.  You smiled shyly as you said hi back.

Before you could say hi to Jungkook, your window swung open again as a pink haired boy jumped in, his ankle getting caught on the curtains and ripping it out behind him as he tumbled on to your rug.  Your jaw dropped open as everyone else shook their heads. 

“That was real graceful Namjoon.”  Jungkook facepalmed. 

“As graceful as an angel.” Jimin added as he tsked.

Namjoon quickly sat up and looked at the ripped curtains, horrified. 

“That’s alright!”  you piped up.  The curtains were the least of your worries right now. 

He attempted to neatly fold the fabric and placed it on your window sill before he came over.

“Hi, I’m Namjoon.” 

He stuck out his hand and you took it as he gave you a short but sharp handshake. 

“Im a messenger angel as well as the overseeing administrator.”

“Hey,” You smiled back as Namjoon sat on the other side of you in bed. 

Yoongi, who had been quiet this whole time, silently passed Namjoon your laptop. 

“My boy, you look like you’ve been run over by a train” Namjoon commented as he took the laptop.

Yoongi scrowled.

 Namjoon stared at the screen, his face going emotionless. 

“Hey, can someone tell me what’s going on now?” you asked, annoyed. 

“And while you're at it, why I suddenly have two archangels, a messenger angel, a guardian angel and an off duty angel in my room?” 

Jungkook and Jimin awkwardly fidgeted beneath you, reminding you of two puppies getting in trouble. 

“You seemed to accept the existence of angels by now.” Namjoon looked at you amused. 

“Well yeah, no .”  You rolled your eyes. "So who's tryna kill me?"

“Where there’s day, there’s night, and where there’s good, there is evil.”  Namjoon started.

You gave him a look. 

“So where there are angels-“ 

Your mouth twitched up, threatening to let out another obnoxious laugh. 

“What wait wait” you stopped him. 

You looked at Yoongi. 

Demons?  You’re telling me a goddamn demon was in my room and wrote that?”  you jabbed a finger at your laptop. 

Namjoon chuckled and leaned to Taehyung. “She has a sense of humour.”

Taehyung grinned, petting your hair.

“And why am I being terrorized by demons, please remind me?”  You asked. 

“Well, uh, you were supposed to die a few weeks ago ____________.”  Taehyung whispered.

“It’s reasonable they're mad.”  Namjoon shrugged.  “First of all, they’re obviously pissed at Taehyung, oh they would love to drag him down with you.  And Yoongi is getting weaker by the day, it shouldn’t be difficult for them to get him either. Two fallen angels in hell; it would make history.” 

You groaned into Taehyung’s shoulder.

“We can’t kill her.” Yoongi growled.

“But then what?  Have you die?”  Namjoon snapped.  “You don’t have a lot of time left Yoongi.” 

“Wait a minute.”  You sat up.  “What do you mean, he doesn’t have a lot of time?” 

Yoongi shot Namjoon a nasty look. 

“I’m saying that Yoongi is dying slowly and painfully.” Namjoon said. 

Dying? You looked at Yoongi. 

“Sure, you give him a little bit of human energy, but it’s momentarily. He’s dying as we speak.” 

You remembered his nosebleed this morning. 

Taehyung silently rubbed your shoulders.

“But why?”  you asked, even though you felt it was a stupid question. 

“Because his shift is supposed to be over.”  Namjoon said simply. 

“It’s either you die and he gets assigned a new human, or he just dies.” 

“Don’t tell her that” Taehyung hissed. 

“She’s gotta know.”  Namjoon shrugged.

You took a deep breath. 

“So...what happens now?” you asked. 

“well obviously Yoongi has no intentions of giving you up, and neither is Taehyung so I’ve assigned Jimin and Jungkook to stay with you guys for the time being.  We’re going to try our best to keep you from actually seeing any of them, they’re not exactly, pretty, you know.” 

“How about Yoongi?”  you asked. 

“Im going to try to find a way to keep him.”  Namjoon playfully shoved Yoongi’s arm. 

“So hang on there man, you got it?”

Yoongi grunted.

“I need you to give him lots of energy.”  Namjoon said to you. 

You nodded.

“But if I were to die, everyone would be okay?”  You asked. 

Taehyung sharply turned towards you. 

“No.”  He said sternly. 

You smiled.  “I’m just asking.” 

“Technically yes.”  Namjoon picked up your mug of coffee, taking a sip. 

“But we are still angels you know." He smiled.

“We’re not letting you die if we can help it.”