The First Saving

Guardian Angel

You woke up with a stir. 

Your alarm clock beeped 4AM as you squinted and sat up, wondering why you had woken up so suddenly.

A breeze blew through the window, gently caressing your bare arms.  You looked at the window.  You thought you had closed them before bed.  Gently slipping out of bed, you reached for the glass panes when you saw a shadow on your wall in the dim moonlight.  Your blood ran cold as you froze.  The shadow seemed to be right behind you.  You heard a loud thud from your living room downstairs as a pair of arms grabbed you from the back, a hand muffling your screams.  You shook violently as you started seeing dark spots.  Who was downstairs?  Who was grabbing you from behind?  There shouldn’t be anyone in your room, let alone your house for that matter, for you lived alone. 

“Shhhhh.”  Your attacker shushed you.  “He heard your footsteps downstairs.”  He whispered into your ear. 

You remained quiet as he loosened his grip, but still held on firmly. Despite the sudden attack, his voice was calm and strangely comforting. 

“There is a robber in your living room and he has a knife.  He is planning to kill you tonight.”  He continued in his soothing tone as you started to panic again. 

“Stay here and don’t move until I come back. Got it?” 

You nodded weakly as the arms disappeared.  You staggered, but remained standing.  You didn’t hear any footsteps but you heard your bedroom door quietly open and close as the man left the room.  A second later, you heard a sharp yell and a crash.  You winced, couching down and covering your head with your hands. 

The same pair of arms were around you again and softly pushing you back into bed.  Feeling the back of your head hit your pillow with a small thud, you opened your eyes but your vision was blurry.  A warm hand wiped a tear off your cheek.  You squinted, trying to focus on the person in front of you.  You blindly reached towards him, catching his other hand. 

“Who are you?” you croaked.

“Go to sleep” the husky voice purred.  He was sitting on the edge of your bed, but his voice seemed to be right next to your ear.  His hand moved from your cheek to cover your eyes.  Sleep washed over you in waves. 

“I don’t belong to you anyways.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Who is the mystery man?

Chapters are usually a lot longer than this! 

Comments are appreciated:)

-bangtandiamond