Yoongi

Guardian Angel

You woke up in cold sweat.  You reached for your alarm clock.  It read 10:00AM. Slowly getting up, memories of the events that happened just a few hours ago flooded into your head.  Or did it even happen? You climbed out of bed, shivering.  Slipping on a cardigan, you slowly made your way downstairs.  Peeking inside the living room, you saw no signs of intrusion or disturbances from last night.  In fact, everything was in place, down to the book you had left on the couch faced down to the page you had left off. 

Maybe it was all a dream, you thought as you shook your head, walking back into the kitchen. 

-----------------------

 

You put down your cup of coffee. 

Something was off. 

You felt as if someone was staring you down all day. Not to mention, you were consistently cold, and you felt jittery and anxious. 

“Hey __________, you okay?”  your coworker Eunji nudged you.

You looked at her warily and smiled.  “Yeah, just a bit tired. I was up all night editing this article.”

Eunji nodded sympathetically. “Take it easy.” 

You smiled and nodded as she walked back to her computer. 

 

Walking back home, you zoned out as you thought about your dream yet again.  It was so realistic, you almost felt your savior’s arms still around you.  You felt a strange urge to hear that voice again; you had never heard one quite like it.  If it really was a dream, you wondered how your mind had managed to create a voice so hypnotizing. 

Thoughtlessly, you stepped out into the streets when you realized white flakes were softly hitting the cold cement floor. 

You looked up.  It was snowing.  It was the first snowfall of the year. 

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you were not aware of the screamings around you as well as the car that was getting closer by the second.

 

“____________, MOVE.”

 

 Someone, or something shoved you sideways. Hard. 

It knocked the breath out of your lungs and you saw a flash of mint green before everything went black. 

--------------------------------------

 

It was the same mint colored hair. 

You blinked a few times as you stared at the pale face staring down at you in concern.

“Wha…Where… Who the are you?”  You quickly sat up and looked around. 

It was your room.  Who was this guy with freakin mint colored hair?  How did he know where you lived? Why were all these random people saving you? 

The man scowled and rolled his eyes, you heard him mutter a few curses and the name ‘Taehyung’ here and there. 

“You’re welcome for saving your life.” He said. 

You stared at him. 

“Not like you've thanked me any other time” he got off the bed and plopped down on your chair, a little too comfortably. 

 “Do you care to explain?”  You asked crossly. 

The man looked at you sideways. 

“Min Yoongi.  Immortal-human hybrid.  Basically have watched over you for the past twenty one years, from the second you left your mother’s womb.”  He said lazily. 

You frowned. Something told you that you had a major psychopathic in your room. 

“What do you mean, ‘watched over you’?” 

“oh you know, keeping you from dying… From sicknesses, accidents, of that sort” he shrugged.  “You humans are too weak to survive on your own.” 

You laughed. “So what are you, my guardian angel or something?” 

Yoongi snorted.  “I wouldn’t exactly be considered angelic, don’t you think?” 

You furrowed your eyebrows. 

“So wait…..was that you yesterday?  Who saved me?”  You asked, hopefully.

Yoongi cursed under his breath again. 

“No, that was Taehyung, that ing idiot.  He doesn’t even belong to you.” 

“I don’t even belong to you”, you remembered the man saying yesterday. 

“What do you mean?”  You sat up a little higher. 

Yoongi got off his chair to sit next to you again.  His eyes were a little softer. 

“____________, you were supposed to die yesterday.” 

You froze. 

“I was supposed to take care of you for only twenty one years.  That was our destiny.” 

“Th..then why am I still alive?”  You stuttered. 

“Another hybrid saved you.  He broke the rules.  He’s messing with death right now. I’m supposed to be dead too”

You were thrown into confusion. 

“Why you?” 

“I live because you live.  I was made for you.  That’s just how it is.  I belong to you. If you die, I have no reason to exist.”

You were still confused.  “So why did that other guy save me?”

“I. Don’t. Know.”  Yoongi hissed angrily. 

You shrank back. His anger was intimidating.  Weren't guardian angels supposed to be sweet and caring?

“Wait, how come I’ve never seen you, if you’ve been around my whole life?”  you asked.  You poked his cheek.  “How come I can touch you?” 

“Sheesh you ask a lot of questions” Yoongi swatted your hand away, annoyed.  “We’re supposed to be invisible to humans” 

He poked your shoulder, “Until one of us touches you.”   

You nodded and looked at his face that was only a few inches away from yours.  You suddenly realized that he was very good looking.  Yoongi quickly put down his hand and dropped his gaze to the floor. 

“So what happens now?”  You asked. 

Yoongi shrugged.  “Honestly, I don’t know.” 

You blew a raspberry and stared at your ceiling. 

“I guess I just keep on  keeping you alive.”  Yoongi looked at your face, smiling slightly.

You suddenly looked back at him and Yoongi immediately dropped his smile, back to his lazy annoyed face expression. 

"But then...why did you save me earlier on today if I was supposed to die anyways?"

Yoongi could help but let his smile return, just a little bit.

"You were supposed to die yesterday, not today. As long as its not yesterday, Im keeping you alive." 

He hesitated before he slowly reached over and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. 

"I've always wanted to do that"  he mused, his hands making its way into your hair.  He had been with you from the second you were born till now, but this was the first time in the twenty one years that he had actually touched you. 

You shivered under his soft touch.  Was this the same from a few minutes ago? 

Yoongi stopped and pulled his hand back.  "Sorry.."  he mumbled. 

You giggled as he got up, clearly embarrased. 

"Hey Yoongi?" 

Yoongi's head perked up. That was the first tme you had called his name. 

 

"Thanks for saving my for the past twenty one years.'