Closer

Guardian Angel

The next few days were uneventful.  You carried on with your life as if nothing had happened.  You hadn’t seen Yoongi since that day, but sometimes, when you weren’t paying attention, you thought you saw a flash of mint green from the corner of your eyes.  You had never heard back from the other mystery man Taehyung either. It was as if the whole thing had never happened. 

You sat in your vanity, brushing out your freshly showered hair as you got ready for bed.  Something tapped against your window.  You ignored it.  Maybe it’s a bird, you thought as you applied your skincare products.  A few seconds later, you heard the tapping again. Turning around this time, you gasped as your saw that familiar mint green hair.  You rushed to the window and yanked it open.  Yoongi propped himself on his elbows on your window sill. 

“Hi.”  He grinned. 

“Hey.” You smiled back, feeling subconsciously relieved to see him again.  

As Yoongi climbed into your room, you couldn’t help notice how thinner he looked from the last encounter.  His pale skin looked dull and gray, deep purple dark circles rested underneath his eyes. 

“Are you.. feeling okay?”  you peered at his small face.

Yoongi sat on your bed and breathed deeply.  His eyes closed. 

“It’s because I’ve been away for a while.”  He let out a dry cough.  “We lose our health if we’re away from our human for too long.”

Yoongi opened his eyes as he looked at you.

“Come a little closer.”  He motioned with his hand.

You slowly made your way towards him, stopping about 2 feet away infront of him.  Sure enough, you saw the color in his cheeks return slightly. 

You cocked your head to the side, watching him in awe.

“What are you staring at?” Yoongi snapped. 

You shook your head and laughed slightly.  You were already used to his rudeness. 

Your laugh rippled through Yoongi’s body like a wave of warm water. 

“Why did you stay away for so long?”  you pulled over a chair and sat down, facing him. 

Yoongi shrugged weakly.  “Would you rather have me around all the time?” 

“Haven’t you already been doing that for the past twenty one years?”  you frowned.

“It’s different now.”  He leaned back and stared at you.  “You can see me now. You’ll be uncomfortable”

And then you wont want me around anymore.

Yoongi stood up abruptly, surprising you with the sudden movement.  He walked over to the window.

“Y..you’re leaving already?”  You asked as he tossed on leg out the window. 

“Yeah, I feel a little better now, I should leave.” 

“Wait,” you grabbed his wrist. 

Yoongi froze as your touch sent a fresh surge of energy into his body.  He staggered and your grip tighten. 

“You don’t look better, you should stay a little longer” You pleaded as you let go of his wrist. 

Yoongi stared at your hand. 

“Maybe I will”  He whispered as he pulled himself back into the room. 

You smiled in victory as he closed the window shut. 

-------------------------------------------

 

“Did I really?” 

You were sitting crossed legged on your bed hugging your pillow, and Yoongi sat on the floor next to you, telling you your childhood stories that you of course, didn’t remember. 

“Yeah.”  Yoongi rolled his eyes.  “Your sleepwalking got so bad when you were seven, I probably saved you from tripping you breaking your neck at least a hundred times.”

Your laughter tinkled in the room and Yoongi smiled, gazing up at you.  All he wanted was to hear you laugh and feel your touch again. 

Your laughter ended with a big yawn. 

“You should sleep, you have work tomorrow.” Yoongi got up, feeling significantly better than when he came in.  You got under the covers and scooted over, patting the spot next to you. 

Yoongi blinked at you stupidly.  “Huh?”

You rolled your eyes.  “Get into bed dummy.  You still look like you’re dying from malnutrition.” 

Yoongi’s cheeks flushed pink.  “I don’t sleep though.” 

“Then just watch me sleep.”  You snapped.  “Haven’t you been doing so for the past twenty one years anyway? Just stay until you feel okay again.” 

After thinking about it for a few more seconds, Yoongi shrugged out of his leather jacket and nervously climbed into bed, pulling the covers over you first.  You wriggled your head under his arms, using his forearm as a pillow.

He’s always so warm, you realized.  Yoongi sighed as he felt his body soaking up your energy. He looked down at you, who almost immediately fell asleep in his arms.  When he was sure you were deeply asleep, he carefully pulled you closer, your hair with his other hand. 

He watched you mumbled something in your sleep, like you always did.  He smiled and pressed his thumb gently on your mouth.  He felt your breath on his skin and he felt his heart beat uncontrollably fast. 

Wish I can stay like this forever.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dont worry, Taehyung is on his way!!

For now, enjoy your quality time with Yoongi:)

-bangtandiamond