Tension

Guardian Angel

“How come I’ve never seen Yoongi eat, but you eat like a starved hyena?” You asked as Taehyung inhaled his second bowl of ramen. 

Taehyung shrugged. 

“Food is good.”  He said with his mouth full.

You stared at the mess he was making on the table. 

“Oops…” Taehyung mumbled as he wiped at it with his sleeve. 

“Taehyung, you’re ruining your clothes!”  You swatted his arm off the table. 

He grinned as he shoveled more food into his mouth.

Laughing, you hopped off the table and walked into the livingroom, looking for Yoongi. 

He was dozing off on the couch. 

Trying your best not to wake him up, you summoned your inner ninja as you carefully unfolded a blanket and tucked it around his lap. 

“Thought angels didn’t sleep?” you whispered sarcastically as Yoongi’s head rolled to one side. 

You bent down slightly to study his face.  He looked less tired, but his skin was still a dull gray tone and he looked tense, even in his sleep. 

You wondered why he was keeping you alive.  Was he really in love with you? Then why was he trying so hard to stay away for as long as he can?

You frowned as Yoongi mumbled something in his sleep along with your name.  

"Hmm?" you asked quietely. 

"My fault...." Yoongi mumbled again as his head rolled the other direction. 

You leaned in a bit closer to hear what he was saying. 

Then,

 

Goddamn, he really is ugly.  Even when he’s sleeping.”

 

You shrieked in surprise as you heard Taehyung’s husky voice right next to your ear. You looked at him, horrified.

“What?” He blinked at you innocently.

The noise woke up Yoongi who immediately sat up.  He stared at you and Taehyung, then back at you again.

“What the is going on?”  He asked grumpily. 

“We were talking about how ugly you looked up close, Mr.Cranky.”  Taehyung made a face. 

You rolled your eyes. 

“You should sleep some more.”  You urged.  “Go sleep on my bed.” 

Yoongi scowled. 

“I don’t need sleep.”  He snapped.  “I should leave.”

He got up but staggered immediately.

You grasped his arm.

“No, you said you wouldn’t.” you pleaded.

“Please leave.”  Taehyung waved his hand.  “I think __________ and I need some bonding time.” 

Yoongi shot him a glare. 

You should be the one to leave.  You don’t even belong here right now.” 

“More of a reason to stay” Taehyung said merrily as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you to him. 

“You like me here, don’t you sweetheart?”

Yoongi narrowed his eyes.  He couldn’t leave you in the house with him alone

“I’ll leave tomorrow.”  He mumbled as he made his way into your room. 

Taehyung snorted as Yoongi backtracked to shoot him another nasty look. 

You laughed weakly in relief as you heard Yoongi's footsteps go into your room. 

“Wait, so why are you staying?”  You finally asked, looking up at Taehyung. 

Taehyung pulled you even closer, his face just inches from yours. 

“To protect you.” 

His voice was velvet again as his eyes bore into yours. You felt as if you were missing out on important information.

 

“From..?” you frowned.

 

“From anything.”

 

“Like…?” 

 

Taehyung chuckled as he gently rested his forehead on yours. 

“Don’t worry about it baby girl.” 

Your frown faded slightly as you felt your face get hot. 

Taehyung was still staring at you. 

 

“I’ll be your guardian angel from now.”