07 - update

The Feeling

{ A/N: Finallyyyyyyyy! } 

Jinyoung's POV

Right now I’m alone at my apartment because I cancelled the meet-up with my friends for I thought I’d be having dinner with Mark tonight.

What dinner? Ah right, it’s about work. Pure business. That’s why it was easy for him to cancel it.

To be honest, I’m mad. I’m not sure if I have the right to feel this way right now but I couldn’t care less. I’m just, I don’t know, disappointed.

Mark is the last person I know who would do something like this but oh well.

I quickly texted my friends that I feel sorry for cancelling our dinner since I have to do extra works tonight when in reality I would just be staying at the apartment.

 

For some reason, I felt excited about the whole situation.

But then the excitement was cut short when he approached to tell me about the change of plans.

Really, Mark Tuan?

I’ve never been this annoyed in a while now that’s why even my favorite comfort foods weren’t helping me tonight.

I busied myself by watching some reruns and reading the book Momo recently lend me. I must say that the book’s pretty interesting, especially with the gradual build-up of emotions among the characters but my emotions right now are much intense than this one. I closed the book and massaged my temples.

I’m treating the whole situation a big deal when it shouldn’t be.

A few moments of starring blankly at the ceiling allowed me to come up with the decision of finally confronting Mark. I’d ask him why he’s treating me like this, like a nobody.

--

I woke up with a heavy feeling and a throbbing head since I was not able to get a good sleep due to my useless train of thoughts last night.

Sigh. Mark Tuan, why do you have such effect on me?

I have better things to do before I become crazy so I gathered my strength to get out of bed, grab some breakfast and head straight to work.

It’s such a blessing that I don’t feel that nauseous or some sort anymore whenever I meet new people at work. I think I’m somehow getting used to it.

I got inside the elevator and exchanged greetings with the other workers. I’ve realize that in the company, our department has the most number of fresh graduates. I guess it’s like a training ground.

The elevator hailed at the 5th floor and as soon as I stepped out, I felt an arm wrapped around my arm only to find out that it was no other than Momo.

“ You scared me, Momo. What are you doing? “

“ Good morning too, Jinyoung. We’re not yet even in the first hour of work but everyone’s so grumpy inside already. “

“ What do you mean?” I asked as I walked to my desk.

“ Look around. I don’t feel safe today, Jinyoung” Momo clung tighter.

“ Just don’t mind them. Let’s go to work. “ I reassured her and ruffled her hair.

I didn’t believe Momo at first but during the third hour, I noticed that everyone’s pretty aggressive today. What’s with the mood, everyone?

The mood was kind of draggy and so finishing the last part of my report was a little stressful. The assumptions wouldn’t lead me anywhere so I stood up and decided to ask Mr. Park for suggestions instead.

My desk is 3 tables away from his office and walking there would mean that I’ll also be walking through Mark’s table.

If last night I had all the courage to face him, right now I suddenly turned into a coward.

My stomach started to feel weird and I honestly don’t like feeling this way whenever I see him.

I could see his serious face while he was doing his report. His eyes are glued to the computer with his eyebrows almost meeting each other.

The sight was enough to tell me to think properly of my plan. Today may not be a good day to ask him some useless stuff.

I entered Mr. Park’s room leaving my thoughts about him behind.

“ Good morning, Mr. Park, I would like to ask few questions about my report. “

“ Oh hello there, Jinyoung. Have a seat. “

It was a relief that Mr. Park was not having the bad mood like the majority because he gladly helped me with my report and pointed out the areas I need to improve. No wonder he’s well respected by everyone, he has this ability of making a person comfortable but at the same time maintains boundaries.

--

It has been days since my plan of approaching him but up to now, I haven’t had the chance to properly talk to him. The work was way too much of a hindrance and I couldn’t really put the blame on my work since my sole reason of being here is to work and not meddle too much with Mark. It’s just a pure coincidence that we are at the same workplace.

Regarding the distribution of our work, he just sent me an e-mail about it and that’s it, no more of ‘are you free later to discuss about the work’ moment.

I scoffed at the thought. Stupid Jinyoung is being stupid again.

 

Right now I’m almost done with our report and I’m submitting it to Mark right away since I need to leave early today. My parents are in town and we decided to have dinner tonight before they leave tomorrow.
I stood up and approached Mark’s desk and before I hand him the folder of our report, he was the first to speak.

“ Uhm Jinyoung-ah, are you done with the report? “

I looked at him and replied in a hurry “ Yeah, I’m actually about to leave already so if you have any question about the report, just give me a call or something.”

I saw his face changed and I couldn’t understand the emotion registered on his face.

“ Actually uhm, actually I got a text from your Mom.” He cleared his throat.

“ What?! “ the fork?

“ She texted me to join you for dinner tonight”

“ I couldn’t believe she told you that. I’m sorry, I’ll just explain to her.”

Seriously? That was really embarrassing.

“ No, it’s fine. I’ll go with you. “

I was not sure if I was just hearing things since I was shocked or if I really heard him say that.

I was about to ask more questions but I already saw him turn off his computer and fix his table.

Someone tell me this is just a dream. Someone punch Mark in the face so he would know what he’s actually doing.

 

{ A/N: Sorry Jinyoung, but Mark's face is too precious :p Anyway, here's an update after 22938203823 years! Sorry for being inactive ;; I'll try to update once in a while c: I have missed a lot of things about the gorup already i cri :c anddd sorry for the grammar errors and such I'm going to revamp the story once I finish writing the 10th chapter so yeah. Also, (shameless advertisement) if you have time, please check my poster shop ENSEMBLE asdfghjkl. That's all for tuhday, have a nice day chingus <3 } 

 

I know it's late but I want to congratulate these babies <333333