02; Smile

The Feeling

Note: Hi guys! Here's a short update :c I want to update before the day ends and I was not able to check errors and such. Sorryyy :c Thanks for subscribing and commenting. :") 

Jinyoung's POV

I woke up with a heavy heart. Scenes from last night kept appearing in my dream and I fear that today would be worse. I tried to stand up and clean myself despite the pounding in my head. Youngjae promised to help me find an apartment today here in Seoul and when I checked my phone, I was not surprised to see 5 missed calls from him. I dialed his number and told him to meet me in an hour.

 

Seoul’s weather was surprisingly good enough to somehow make me feel better today. I was watching the small children pass by the streets when my phone rang and I need not to guess anymore because it was surely Youngjae.

 

“Yah, Youngjae. Where on earth are you?” I said in a teasing tone.

 

“ Hey Jinyoung, it’s Jackson. “

 

I checked my screen to confirm who was calling and it was indeed Jackson.

 

“ Wh-what’s the matter, Jackson? “  I stammered.

 

“ Nothing special. I just want to know if you’re okay since you got drunk last night “ I heard the concern in his words.

 

“ Thanks for asking. I still feel a little dizzy but I’ll be fine besides, Youngjae will help me find an apartment

 

We continued to talk until Youngjae arrived a little later. I was glad that Jackson called because somehow, I felt better.

 

We decided to stay at a small café while looking through the list of the apartments Youngjae searched from the internet. I was not looking for anything fancy as of the moment because I just got into a job and I’d like to earn a little first before residing in a more expensive place. For now, a small space would be enough. 

 

Speaking of my job, I was finally accepted as an accountant of a known company here in Seoul. My parents were really happy after hearing the news. Their poor Jinyoung finally landed a job. I was told through an email that I’ll be starting next week and with that, I’d like to enjoy first the remaining days of being a free man.

 

The pumpkin spice latte I ordered was so good that I had to order for another cup but Youngjae suggested me a different drink. I forgot how it was called and I must say that this one’s pretty good too.

 

“ So, I got you here a list of the apartments I contacted earlier. We can start checking them now so you can decide and transfer as soon as possible.”

 

“ I never knew you could be this kind, Youngjae. Thank you so much ” I said with a soft laugh.

 

“ I’ve always been kind, Jinyoung and you just never noticed.”

 

“ It’s because I wasn’t expecting that of all people, you’d be the one helping me like this.”

 

“ Don’t worry, it’s nothing. It’s just normal to help a friend. Isn’t it? “ He gave me smile.

 

“ Yeah right, Mr. Nice Guy! Shall we go? “ I stood up and made my way out of the café and Youngjae followed.

 

The first in our list is just few blocks away so we decided to walk since the weather’s pretty fine anyway.

 

“ How I wish Seoul’s weather is like this everyday. “ Youngjae said after we crossed the street.

 

“ I wish so too “ I replied shortly.

 

 

The first apartment had some problems with the toilet and the pay is a little high so we went for the second one. The second one’s okay except for the smell. Youngjae and I looked at each other the moment we got inside. We were trying our best to hold our breath so we wouldn’t offend the kind landlady. We burst into laughter when we exit the place because Youngjae was making funny faces while holding his breath.

 

“ That was terrible, Youngjae.“ I said while cathing my breath.

 

“ I feel sad for the landlady though.“ He said while wiping his face.

 

The day went on like that looking for a good place. It was really tiring and it felt like I would stumble in any moment.  Before I go back to my hotel, I invited Youngjae for a dinner to thank him for the great effort he showed.

 

“ Finally, we found the one, Jinyoung-ah “ Youngjae laughed after sipping his soda.

 

“ I know you’re tired, Youngjae. I’m really sorry and thank you verrrrrry muucchhhhh” I emphasized the last words to show my sincerity and likewise the exhaustion.

 

“ Anytime, Jinyoung “ He smiled. For some reasons, Youngjae has the ability to make someone feel better with his smile. I must admit, when we were students, I’d always go to him whenever I’m tired or sad.

 

“ And that’s the healing smile of the great Youngjae, everyone. “ I laughed.

“ I’m glad my smile still brings you the healing effect.” He chuckled.

 

We continued to chat for a little and then decided to part ways. Today became bearable and that’s because of Youngjae.

 

I changed into comfortable clothes as soon as I arrived at my room. I didn’t bother to check my phone and ran towards the bed. I hugged the pillows as if it was a person. I badly needed a hug after a long and tiring day.

 

I still have few days left before my work and I thought of exploring Seoul for the next days. I ended my thoughts right away and fell asleep. Enough for the day, good night world!

 

Note: Sorry for the short update. No Mark Tuan today as well :( Don't worry, we'll have him next chapter. :))))) I'll edit this when I wake up. Again, thanks for supporting the story! <3 

 

 

{} Mark, why so hot? :c Any Mark stans out there? ;A;