01; One year later

The Feeling

 

Author's note: Hi guyssss <3 Here's the first chapter. I recommend you listen to THIS before reading the story. Enjoy! 

 

Jinyoung's POV

When was the last time we last saw each other? It was probably last year during our school ceremony and after that, I barely heard anything from my friends. I missed them so much. After the school was over, I transferred to Busan to manage the business of my family over there.

I’ve been getting messages from Youngjae since the morning I arrived here in Seoul. Someone must have been really excited. I went out of my hotel room as soon as I finished preparing myself for our reunion.

 

Seoul isn’t really new to me since my family visited here often when I was still studying. The only thing now is that I’m alone and the thought that I might get lost scares me a bit.  I walked through the busy streets when the reunion entered my mind. For some reasons, my stomach made this weird feeling again and I suddenly felt nervous.

 

“ Jinyoungie, you seem to be a little excited. Calm down” I said to myself just to shrug off the feeling I was having.

 

 I followed Youngae’s instruction through the text and luckily, the taxi driver was able to locate the place immediately.

 

A smile formed my lips the moment I opened the door of the restaurant and I saw the familiar faces again after a year. As expected, Youngjae got up from his seat and gave me a tight hug. The others followed too – JB, Yugyeom, Bambam and Jackson. Jackson must have noticed something in my face because when he greeted me, he gave me this teasing smile and said, “ Don’t worry. He’s just late”. I just gave him a confused look although I really knew what he was trying to say. In fact, his statement gave me a little hope that this night would be good one.

 

Everyone’s busy browsing the menu when the door opened and revealed a very familiar figure. It was no other than Mark. Mark Tuan. Almost everyone stood up to welcome him and at the moment, I didn’t know why I couldn’t bring myself to stand up. Jackson tapped me before he stood up and greeted Mark. Among us, they were the closest ever since. I turned around to look at them and then I realized that there was no other choice but for Mark to sit exactly in front of me. When our eyes finally met, I was about to say something when he just gave me a quick smile and said in almost a whisper, “Hi”. That’s it. I said my fastest hello and bit my lower lip out of embarrassment. I was honestly expecting that he’d be excited to see me. It was too early for me to assume though.

 

I didn’t want to ruin the night so I focused my attention to the others. The guys started asking me questions about Busan and I gladly answered them. We even started making jokes at each other and for the meantime, I forgot that Mark was actually in front of me.

 

Bambam was telling a funny story he had in Thailand when I noticed that Mark has been surprisingly quiet. He was actually one of the loud ones, together with Jackson but now, he was focused on his phone and treated it like his whole life depend on it.

 

I couldn’t utter a word even if I wanted to talk to him. It felt like all my excitement were useless because the person I’ve been waiting is here in front of me, ignoring our presence. Jackson seemed to notice that Mark was a bit different tonight because he suddenly said, “ Mark! Give it a break. Your girlfriend wouldn’t mind if you spend a little time with us. Would she?”

 

So, he has a girlfriend?

 

With that, my stomach had this weird feeling again. Mark looked at everyone and decided to finally put his cellphone in his bag.

 

I tried to act differently tonight for I thought that through this, Mark would notice me a bit but I thought wrong. He was only talking to the others and even when our eyes met, he was quick to look away.

 

I busied myself talking to others and ignored the fact that I’m actually hurting. I thought that after a year, Mark had already forgiven me. I thought that he would show up with an excitement on his face. I thought that this would be a good day. It pains me to realize that things aren’t like how I thought they would be. Honestly, I was stupid to think that he still loves me. 

 

JB started talking loudly and it was obvious that the alcohol already hit him. The others were busy talking to each other and I’m here finishing my third bottle of soju. I was about to pour another shot when Mark stood up and excused himself from the group. Jackson asked why but Mark said it was his girlfriend calling. When he was gone, JB spoke in a lower voice this time,

 

“ Mark’s lucky to have a pretty and smart girlfriend. The girl’s very kind too. “

 

With that, everyone turned to look at me, probably expecting for my reaction. I just gave them a shrug and poured the remaining soju into my glass. 

 

Everyone looked at me because they knew everything. They were the witnesses of our past.

 

I tried to remain calm although I’d really want to punch someone right now. I couldn’t explain how I felt at the moment and I’d really want to hit the hay already. It has been an exhausting night and I just wanted to wake up from this bad dream. 

 

*Here's a sad Mark for yall.