YOU AND I : Help Me (3/?)

You and I

Hurry up and realize.

 

 

 

 

Only three more meetings left and the project will be finished.

 

 

 

They’ve decided that their project would be a miniature solar system. They have already placed the tiny balls in the correct order from the sun to Pluto; the only thing left is painting and putting a little bit of decoration to it.

 

 

 

Doojoon yawned as he stretched quietly, and Junhyung just rubbed his eyes.

 

 

 

Other than the fact that Doojoon’s want and love for Junhyung to the extent that he’d become ually frustrated, nothing much has changed between them. They only talked at the library where they would make their project, they occasionally greeted each other and well, they’re still just friends.

 

 

 

“Um,” Junhyung started, clearing his throat, which instantly perked Doojoon up. “I guess we’re done here.”

 

 

 

Doojoon mentally groaned in disappointment. Who was he kidding? Junhyung wouldn’t even dare ask him out on a date, let alone hangout with him after meetings.

 

 

 

Junhyung was about to grab his things and leave when Doojoon cleared his throat.

 

 

 

“J-Jun?”

 

 

 

Junhyung paused and looked at the older boy.

 

 

 

“Wanna--” wanna hang out with me? “Wanna--”

 

 

 

“Wanna-wanna?” Junhyung repeated, looking confused.

 

 

 

“Shamalamadingdong?” Doojoon finished lamely, flushing hard at the stupidity of what he just blurted. Why can’t he just say it?

 

 

 

“Wanna-wanna shamalamadingdong.” Junhyung said with a bit of tune, smiling a bit.

 

 

 

“Wanna-wanna shamalamadingdong.” Doojoon followed the tune, a big stupid grin on his face.

 

 

 

They were suddenly singing and dancing and laughing.

 

 

 

And even though Doojoon still can’t ask Junhyung out, as long as he makes the latter happy, he’s happy.

 

 

 

 

That you make my heart beat faster.

 

 

 

 

Doojoon stayed still as their teacher makes her way around to look at the class’ projects.

 

 

 

He stayed still as Junhyung fidgets, anticipating their turn.

 

 

 

He stayed still as their teacher stops at their project, eyeing every angle, turn and detail.

 

 

 

He stayed still when the teacher gave them a tiny smile and says a soft, “very good,” to the both of them.

 

 

 

But when Junhyung let out a big breath and looks at him with a big smile, “Congratula—“

 

 

 

He just couldn’t help it. He lifted Junhyung up and twirled him around while laughing out loud,

 

 

 

Ignoring the looks his classmates are giving them, ignoring the way his friends are teasingly cheering for them and ignoring the hard blush on Junhyung’s face.

 

 

 

He’s just really happy.

 

 

 

And as he looks up at Junhyung; who was still blushing but laughing along with him, with love and adoration in the older boy’s eyes.

 

 

 

He’s just really happy and in love.

 

 

 

 

 

Hold my hands.

 

 

 

 

Doojoon realized that Junhyung has changed a bit.

 

 

 

He’s not as cooped up and icy, like before.

 

 

 

Doojoon noticed that Junhyung doesn’t get angry at him, doesn’t give him the cold shoulders and doesn’t ignore him.

 

 

 

Maybe they’re friends now.

 

 

 

And Doojoon guessed its fine as long as he gets to spend his time with Junhyung.

 

 

 

Maybe someday Doojoon will have the courage to confess and ask Junhyung out.

 

 

 

And Doojoon will be able to hold Junhyung’s hand.

 

 

 

 

Smile while hugging me.

 

 

 

 

Doojoon was on his way home with the gang when he suddenly had the urge to go back to school.

 

 

 

Yoseob was busy talking about the new Kpop group when Doojoon just felt a nagging feeling, something telling him to go back to school, something bad.

 

 

 

“Guys,” Doojoon interrupted, “I need to go back to school.”

 

 

 

The gang gave him a weird look.

 

 

 

“Why?” Kikwang asked.

 

 

 

The feeling came back, clawing his heart as if telling him to hurry.

 

 

 

“I – uh, left something.” He said, turning around and without waiting for a reply, he ran.

 

 

 

He ran fast, ignoring the car that almost hit him as he crossed the street.

 

 

 

He ran fast, with one direction in mind. He doesn’t know why, but he just knows that Junhyung – his Junhyung – is in trouble and he needs to be sure that the younger boy is safe.

 

 

 

He ran fast, entering the school gate, the school door and to the hallway to Junhyung’s locker and that where he found the younger boy.

 

 

 

He as surrounded by the Ugly 3, the school bully.

 

 

 

“Hey there, pretty boy,” Doojoon heard one of them say, probably their leader and he could see Junhyung tensing up.

 

 

 

“I’m not pretty,” Junhyung spat, backing up until his back hit the locker.

 

 

 

Doojoon’s blood boiled when the leader touched Junhyung’s cheeks.

 

 

 

Junhyung was about to punch the leader, but he was held pinned back by the other two,

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me.” Junhyung hissed.

 

 

 

The Ugly 3 just laughed. “What a feisty little tiger.”

 

 

 

And that’s when Doojoon interfered, “Keep your dirty hands off of him.” He snarled, slowly making his way to them.

 

 

 

Junhyung’s eyes widened as he whispered, “Doojoon.”

 

 

 

 

Hurry up and realize.

 

 

 

 

One of the Ugly 3 that was holding Junhyung let go and stood up next to the leader while the other held Junhyung in his place.

 

 

 

“Run, Doojoon.” Junhyung pleaded, “You can’t handle them.”

 

 

 

Doojoon ignored it as he glared at the Ugly 3, “I’m not leaving you.”

 

 

 

“Oh, ain’t that sweet.” One of the Ugly 3 joked, “A prince saving his damsel in distress.”

 

 

 

“ you,” Junhyung snarled, squirming in his captor’s arms.

 

 

 

The leader of the Ugly 3 smiled wickedly, “Don’t worry, pretty princess. After we beat your boyfriend up, I’ll you to your heart’s content.”

 

 

 

Something inside Doojoon snapped and without thinking about the consequences, he gave the first punch.

 

 

 

 

That I’m just looking at you.

 

 

 

 

With every punch, every hit and every kick, Doojoon’s mind just blanked out except for Junhyung’s face that just glued itself there.

 

 

 

But when an image of Junhyung being touched by someone else entered his mind, he just punched harder, hit harder and kicked harder.

 

 

 

 

Hold my hands.

 

 

 

 

Junhyung was his.

 

 

 

Junhyung is his.

 

 

 

Junhyung will forever be Doojoon’s.

 

 

 

And when the last of the Ugly 3 fell, Doojoon stopped and stared at Junhyung’s face.

 

 

 

“You okay?” He asked, “Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

 

 

Junhyung shook his head.

 

 

 

“That’s good.” Doojoon smiled tiredly and suddenly collapsed on the floor.

 

 

 

Last thing he remembered was Junhyung hugging him with a worried look on his face.

 

 

 

 

Take all of my heart.

 

 

 

 

“Stupid,” Junhyung nagged standing near Doojoon’s bed as the latter groaned in discomfort.

 

 

 

After the fight, Doojoon was rushed to the hospital but seeing that the older boy was fine – with a few bruises – he was let out to rest for a few days at his home. The Ugly 3? They were suspended from school.

 

 

 

“Yeah, stupid.” Yoseob teased, sitting at the couch with Kikwang and Hyunseung.

 

 

 

Doojoon glared at Yoseob and then pouted at Junhyung. “I’m sorry, okay?”

 

 

 

Junhyung stared at his face for a few seconds and then stared at the floor, “You could’ve just left me there.”

 

 

 

“And let them hurt you?” Doojoon’s voice was loud and he could feel Junhyung flinch, “I can’t do that, Jun. I won’t let them.”

 

 

 

Junhyung's shoulder trembled and Doojoon sighed.

 

 

 

“Come here,” Doojoon whispered, taking Junhyung’s hand and pulling him closer, “Look at me.”

 

 

 

Junhyung shook his head softly, “No.”

 

 

 

Doojoon tugged Junhyung hand so that the younger boy will be sitting next to him in bed and he brought his hand to Junhyung’s chin and lifted it up to see hurt, guilt and sadness. It just broke Doojoon’s heart.

 

 

 

“Hey,” He rubbed his thumb in Junhyung’s cheek as tears finally fell. “Hey, I’m okay now.”

 

 

 

“I was s-so worried that y-you… when you collapsed.” Junhyung sobbed.

 

 

 

“I’m okay,” Doojoon chucked softly, his heart feeling up with warmth and happiness. Junhyung – the love of his life – was worried for him. “Jun, you shouldn’t wor—“

 

 

 

 

Oh baby.

 

 

 

And Junhyung kissed him.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the mistakes, I’ll check it out later. :))