Rush Pt.2

Misconception

CHAPTER 3 - RUSH

HE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoongi was at the veterenary office Taehyung had told him.
He rushed to the nearest worker as  the dog was being placed in the surgery room. The black haired guy was behind the glass window, watching every move the doctor was doing. He felt nervous. What if the dog didn't make it ? What will happen ? How is she going to react ? Will she even see the note ?
His thoughts were interrupted by a tap on his shoulder.

 


"Are you the owner ?" A petite worker asked him.

 

"Huh ?" He was take by surprise. "Ah... No." He replied, a bit embarassed.

 

"Where is the owner ?"

 

"She'll be the-"

 


Yoongi was being cut by his own phone ringing. It was her, Ara.
Her voice was cold, rough and she quickly ended the call, right after Yoongi had told her the adress. He looked back at the worker with a embarassed smile.

 


"She'll be here in about ten minutes."

 


And with that, the woman turned and took her place behind the counter, near the entrance. The male sat on a nearby chair, looking at the celling, sighing.
What kind of luck is that ?

 

 

 

A few minutes later, the door bursted open and he saw a glimpse of the girl yelling.

 


"Where is he ?!"

 


The worker jolted in fear at her sudden outburst. She couldn't even mutter a word while facing her. Yoongi was walking to her when she screamed again, her voice desesperately asking for any informations.

 


"I asked you where the ing hell Soom is ?!"

 


Before anybody could reply or do anything else, the black haired guy took Ara's arm firmly, his skin sending him shivers when he entered in contact with her cold skin. She looked at him, not recognizing him, a cold expression plastered on her face.

 


"Calm down." Yoongi hushed. "He is okay. The operation will be successful."

 

"What operation ?" She bursted out loud. "And who the heck are you ?" Yoongi  sighed and put his right hand behind his neck.

 

"You trully... Don't remember me ?" He continued while meeting her grey eyes.

 


She looked at him puzzled.
She was hopeless...
How could she forget that easily ? That's what the male was asking himself. He continued to stare at her, not sending her any glimpse of emotions, he was being dead serious.

 


"Why did you even entered my appartment in the first place ?"

 


Ha...


How could he respond to this without sounding like a crazy stalker ? Not that he really minded other's opinion but he still didn't want to scare her or look like a psychopath.

 


"I really wanted to meet you again, Ara." He blurted out of the blue, panicking a bit when he realised what he said.  She didn't replied  and only looked at him, eyes wide as saucers. "I... wanted to thank you for what you did back then." He quickly added.

 

"How do you know my name ?"

 


This surprised him... That's the only thing she's worried about ?
She really is full of surprises.

 


"The drug deal. Two years ago." Yoongi told her with a quiet voice, not wanting people around to hear them. "My name's Min Yoongi by the way, but people tend to call me Suga." She just looked at him, an unreadable expression plastered on her face.

 

"I don't care."

 


That surprised him more. She showed no emotion, she was like a an iceberg.
But he was sure that behind this invisible yet inpenatrable  wall, there was more ; something awful. A truth that was better unknown from the world. At least for the moment... The black haired male gazed at Ara and saw nothing. She was blank. As if she was in deep thoughts.

He took that opportunity to watch her.
She was definitely skinny, maybe too much his mind added. He wondered how she managed to accomplish all her "stuffs" with that body of hers. Not that he knew in detail what she was doing outside, during the night. But he wasn't dumb, he had an idea.

She was wearing tigh ripped pants, revealing the appealing shape of her frail legs. Because yes, she was definitely skinny but she still had some muscles that were really well fitting her body.  

 


"Thank you for saving my dog, though." Her voice rang through the silence of the corridor, surprising him.

 

"You're welcome." His lips curving a bit in a tinny smile.

 

"You can go now."

 


Awkward.
The little smile faltered as soon as she spoke.

Yoongi didn't know what to do. He tried to make eye contact but she just turned her heels and directed herself toward the room where her dog was actually resting. He didn't move. Like he was glued to the ground, he watched her, walking away with light steps.

After some time, his phone rang.
Taking it as a sign for him to leave, he slowly exited the building.

 


"Hum ?" He greeted the person calling him.

 

"Oh ! Hyung ?! Where are you ?" Jimin asked, slightly panicking.

 

"Coming soon."

 


Yoongi ended the call.
He needed some time alone to reflect on what happenned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Arriving at the place he and the other boys were staying, he plopped himself on the couch, his right arm under his neck, supporting his head.

Nothing goes as planned.

He felt someone's body walking up to where he was but didn't budge.

 


"Ya, make some room for me."

 

"You've got the other ones." Yoongi grunted while mentionning the other sofas  and seats available.

 

"So cheap..." Jin muttered. "Anyways, what's going on with you ?"

 

"Just exhausted."

 


The black haired male didn't want to alert his friends. But looking at Jin, he knew he didn't buy his lie, or at least he pretend to.

He looked again at the older one, seeing that he was still watching him with a doubtful expression. Before Jin turned back, he saw his expression telling him "I don't believe you, but I let it pass for now".

Yoongi shrugged it off for now, he was tired.
Something keeps attracting him to her even though he tried hard not to.

I'm doomed.

 

 

 

 


Few hours later, he was getting ready for his shift.
Grunting like it was the end of the world.

 


"For god sake's Namjoon, why did you even say such a thing ? Why ?" Yoongi exploded.

 

"Calm down grandpa." His friend sighed for the nth time. "It's just one night in a month, okay ? Just once..."

 

"I don't want to. No, I'm not going to do it."

 

"Jeez... Come on, it's for the business."

 


Namjoon looked at the black haired guy in front of him. Hoping for a change of heart.

It's not that hard to accompagny one or two girls home, right ? Plus you get tips !

But it seemed like gods weren't with him today. Yoongi wasn't to type to oblige easily. He sighed again in defeat. Seemed like his friend was still not over that silver haired girl or whatsoever.

 


"Fine. Do what you want, you're older after all." He added with a smirk before walking out of the room.

 


Tss...

Yoongi didn't talk back. No need to.

Namjoon knew exactly what he was thinking without speaking, so why bother ?
His made his way to Monterlude, directly heading to the bar. He took Jin's place and lazily served the clients. Some girls tried to to flirt but he didn't care and just ignored them. He knew today was the day some customers could ask them for a ride back to their home. But he also knew that Namjoon clearly understood that he wouldn't do it.

As he was slowly making cocktails, he stumbled upon a conversation that peaked his interest. It seemed like even the 'kind-of-gangster' were frequenting this place.

 


"Did you heard about tonight's race ?"

 

"Yeah yeah." The friend replied, not really interested.

 

"I hear that the Staff will be participating  too, I wonder if it will be the girl..." The other one continued, showing a smirk. "She's so damn gorgeous, maybe I could tried to-"

 

"Come on." His friend interrupted. "You don't stand a single chance, you're too ugly." He added, earning a slight punch from the other. "Besides I heard somewhere that there was something between her and the big boss."

 

"The big boss ? Who's that ?"

 

"Their leader you ."

 


A race ?

That explains the elegant car he saw last night on the parking lot.

The big boss ?
No comment...

Somehow, Yoongi felt uneasy about it. Maybe because it was the first time someone he knew was involve it that sort of business, or just because it was her, Ara. Though, he was sure that it wasn't her real name.

 

 

 

Continuing his shift, Yoongi thought about a hundred possibilities to ditch Namjoon and actually try to see that infamous car race while clumsily smiling to the customers. He still had that lingering feeling that it wasn't just a simple battle of speed but something worse... Yet, he didn't have a clue about what it could be. And somehow, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.
Such a twisted mind..

 

 

 

After some time, Yoongi got a hold of the place where the race would take place. Not thinking twice, he called Jin to switch place and just left the bar. Without a word.

 


"I know someone who's not going to like it."

 


Smirk on his flawless face, he headed to the Han river.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The air was hot, smelling like booze and smoke. People were betting, money was wasted, cars were checked for the last time, and Ara was nowhere to be seen.

Yoongi went further, ignoring the es throwing themself at every men passing by. He arrived near the starting line. Still no sight of her car.

Maybe she wasn't coming.

Maybe he was just a fool for believing in those men.

 

 

People gathered toward where he was, shouting loudly. The black haired guy soon found himself trapped in the crowd. He slurred and tried to free himself but it didn't really work.
Out of sudden, the crowd quiet down. Nobody dared to even move.

And that's when he saw her.

He would be lying if he said he didn't feel like the main character in a drama. You know, when something very important happens, the scene is in slow motion and everything that belongs to it. It kinda felt like that at the moment.
People around him whistled, some took her photo, other talked about her. Her fancy black car was outstanding. It was shinning like no other. However, she was stealing everyone's attention.

Dead gorgeous was the first thing that crossed Yoongi's mind. With her silver hair freely wandering across her back, her leather jacket and skinny jeans ; simple but chic.

When she turned around, he saw her defined face ; thin red lips, a cute pointy nose and her eyes. Her grey eyes seemed totally different that night. She had that aura that would just blow your mind away.

Ara just had a natural arrogant charm. Sounds funny, right ?

It looked like she was used to all that attention and just brushed it off like it was some unnecessary dust. She entered her car gracefully, closed the door, and everybody followed her gesture.

 

As cliché as is sounds, there was a pin-up girl with a flag. She placed herself in the middle and started the countdown.

Yoongi felt himself becoming nervous. Of course he was rooting for Ara yet, he really felt bad about this race.
The black haired male noticed the windscreen TV that would follow the racers in real time. So much equipment for just a race.

He diverted his focus on the countdown girl and a second later, the flag was down.

 

 

 

And the race begun.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I'm sorry for the long wait. Hope you still like the story../ :S