Rush Pt.1

Misconception

CHAPTER 3 - RUSH

SHE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"What do you want Taecyeon ?" Ara grunted.

 

"Talk to me better, would you ?" He hissed at the other edge of the line. "I'm still your boss, afterall..." The girl could feel the smirk making its way onto his face which made her groan.

 

"Make it short."

 

"I've been told that you were in contact with some guys..." Taecyeon's voice was slightly scary. "I thought I clearly told you that you shouldn't get involved with other gangs."

 

"What are you talking about ?" Ara asked dumbfounded.

 

"BTS !" Her boss yelled. "You were in touch with some of the members !"

 

"Wait... What ?! You had someone tailing me this whole time ? Are you nuts ?" The girl was in utter shock, how could he be like that ? "BTS my , I never talked to them."

 

"Then who were the guys you met at the park ? With your lovely dog ?"

 


Just the way he pronouced it was kinda strange.
Like it was her dog's fault or something like that. But what she couldn't understand was that he really sent someone to keep an eye on her. She had been by his side since the beginning so why being dubtful like that ?
She didn't really like him but still.... Knowing that he was suspicious of her despite everything she did for him...

 


"Anyways... I need yo-"

 

"I won't pleasure you." The long haired girl responded without letting him finish his sentence.

 

"You'll do as I order." Annoyance could be heard. "But that's not what I want, not right now at least."

 

"Then what ?" Ara questionned, clenching her fist. Why was she so powerless in front of him ?

 

"I want you to race. Tomorrow."

 


Why was he calling her for this ?
Generally, he would just message her. Something felt off... He wasn't in his usual state. That was the only explanation she could find.

 


"I'm not doing it."

 

"I have my ways to make you agree..." He sarcastically replied. "I know that you cherish your dog... A lot."

 

"Don't even dare to lay a finger on him !" Ara screamed while looking at Soom. She was only responded by a laugh.

 

"Tomorrow. 9 pm. And I want the first place of course. The prizearrow-10x10.png is important you know, right ? I want the money and the drugs that belongs to it."

 


Those were his last words before hanging up.
So that was it ? He wanted the drugs ? And the money ?
Ara sighed. He was really addicted to it...

She knew it was something he had to do in order to maintain the gang's status... But still. As the time passed, he tried the drugs they were importing and exporting. And grew addicted to some of them. A third of the lading was always set aside for his personnal use.
And if her feeling was accurate, he needed more.
And she didn't like it.

 


"Annoying jerk." The silver haired girl spat.

 

 

 

 


That night, Ara was confused.
She didn't know how to feel about him. Ever since her parents disappeared he had been there, by her side. Of course, she couldn't say she had received a proper education but she could survive on her own. Though, she chose to remain a part of them.
Not because she felt grateful for what he did.
Because she knew, deep inside, that she had debts.But despite all the "tasks" she completed, it seemed that it wasn't enough. And she couldn't argue with it.

 

She hated herself for being like this.
Really...

 

On the other hand, she felt betrayed by him.
Strange she thought, since she hated him... But why was he so worked up for those 'BTS' guys ? The silver haired girl was lost.
Does it mean that the lolipop guy was one of them ? And his friend too ? So the one she saved back them was also one of them ?
Reallity hit her hard. She was trapped.
If Taecyeon was to know what happened that one time... Just thinking about what could possibly happen made her shiver.
Though, she couldn't let it slide. He even made someone follow her. Was he that suspicious of her ? Or did he knew something from that incident two years ago ? That's why he was being so careful about her every move ?

 

Ara shrugged it off. She was starting to have a headache... Again. She quickly made her way to her crappy appartment and sat on the floor.
The world was spinning around her, her chest was aching. Her shaky hand made its way to the nearby table where the painkillers were proudly standing. She gulped them without any water and just just waited there, witout moving. It wasn't normal.

 

Her phone rang.
And it was him... Again.
She didn't bother to speak as she picked up and only let him say whatever he wanted. His voice was kinda off and that was the signal for her ; he was under drugs.
And strong ones by the way.
Afraid that he would do something irreversible, she stormed out of her shaby place and headed to the headquarters.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Taecyeon, sit down. You're not in yo-"

 

"Shut up !" Ara scoffed.

 

"Don't piss me off you . I'm kind enough to check if you're not going to do anything reckless, so just put you're ing on this couch before I knock you down." She gritted between her teeth, clearly annoyed by the sight in front of her.

 


Strangely, he sat down without trying to argue back. She looked at him in the eyes and was quite surprised to see them sad.

 


"What ?"

 

"I'm not that bad you know..." He muttered with a smooth voice, surprising the girl. "I have to survive too..."

 

"What are talking about ?" She respond, sudenlly interested.

 

"I just... Don't want you to run away from me."

 


Ara's eyes widened upon hearing his words.
Just what in the world was he saying ?
She chuckled a bit hearing her scary boss talking like this. He looked like one of those main characters in dramas that would be hopelessly in love with someone.

 


"You're saying nonesens man. I'm not going anywhere..." The silver haired girl sighed. "Even if I want, I can't."

 


She had almost mumbled the last part so that he wouldn't be able to hear it.
She was endebted to him. And scared of him too. At some times.
Ara didn't looked at him again and just pass by him, patting slighly his head, before exiting the room. She couldn't say why but she had a bad feeling about all of this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night was quite chilly...
The girl was walking in the desert streets, only wearing thin clothes. But that didn't seem to bother her at all. Her mind was in a mess. So much unanswered questions...
But right now, she was felling uneasy about the whole situation. The way Taecyeon talked about Soom was also annoying her. Her dog shouldn't be involved with that business.
When she finally arrived at her block, she quickly glanced at her race car, the only one parked in front of the residence. Even in the dark night, she could see the flame pattern printed on it. He was the one who gave it to her ; though, she didn't know if she had to be thankful or pissed off... Since it was only for his own benefit.

Ara sighed.


How will she finally be able to leave ?


Walking at a slow pace, she climbed the stairs to reach her appartment. Something was different. She felt it. She didn't know what it was, but something was off. The door opened itself with an agonizing creak. She stepped in, walking like a cat, without a single noise. She looked around, nothing. But she smelled something... Blood.
Starting to panic a bit, she switched the lights on in a hurry, looking all around her place to find her dog. Soom wasn't here. She was starting to lose it. Like a mad person, she searched everywhere. Still nothing.

 


"Not him... Not him... That's a dream. Just a ing dream..." She repeted to herself.

 


That's when she noticed a yellow sticky note behind the curtain ; where Soom was usually lying. The writing was a bit unreadable but she could recognize some words.

 


"Call... Me ?" Ara wondered.

 


As said, she pulled her device out of her pocket and dialed the number, trying to not misinterpret the writing. After having successfully guessed the numbers, she called the mysterious person.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ara ran. Without stopping. Ignoring the red lights and cars passing by.
Soom was the only thing she could think about. She stormed in the vet's office  asking for her dog.

 


"Where is he ?!" She yelled.

 


The girl behind the counter jumped in fear at the loud voice. Well... It was understandable. The silver haired girl in front of her did look scary. Her gaze was intimidating and it looked like she could bit at any moment.

 


"I asked you where the ing hell Soom is ?!" She screamed.

 


Before the scared girl could reply, someone took Ara's arm firmly. She was met by a black haired guy, looking strangely familar.

 


"Calm down." The man hushed and Ara recognized the voice of the person she had call. "He is okay. The operation will be successful."

 

"What operation ?" She bursted out loud. "And who the heck are you ?" The black haired male in front of her sighed and put his right hand behind his neck.

 

"You trully..." He stopped for a few seconds, meeting with her grey eyes. "Don't remember me ?"

 


She looked at him puzzled.

 


"Why did you even entered my appartment in the first place ?"

 

"I really wanted to meet you again, Ara." He blurted out of the blue. Ara didn't respond and looked at him in utter shock. "I... wanted to thank you for what you did back then."

 

"How do you know my name ?" She asked, ignoring the fact that he didn't explained to her what had happened to Soom.

 

"The drug deal. Two years ago." He said with a quiet voice, not wanting the people around to hear them.


"My name's Min Yoongi by the way, but people tend to call me Suga."

 

"I don't care."

 


Yoongi watched her, Ara could see surprise in his black orbs, but she didn't let her face show any emotion.
She was going to set it straight between he and her. She had nothing to do with him. What happened in the past, is the past. He might feel thankful, but he shouldn't search for her. Ara didn't want more problems. She already had enough to deal with. That Taecyeon jerk, the person following her, Soom...

 


"Thank you for saving my dog, though."

 

"You're welcome."

 

"You can go now."

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello dear readers,

I'm sorry for the long wait. I don't have any excuses; I was just busy with my life.

I hope this chapter doesn't ! Give me your thoughts about it :)

 

Big kisses ~ See ya for the part 2 !