Life Pt.2

Misconception

 

CHAPTER 2 - LIFE

HE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The black haired's mind was running crazy.
The girl he wanted to see, at least once, again was right in front of him. Inside a drugstore. He noticed painkillers in her right hand while her other one was supporting her on a table. She really seemed somehow... off ?
Her eyes were emotionless.
As if her mind was completely blank. But he couldn't really say what was going inside it. Without he noticing, his left hand slowly went up to his stomach, where the bullet's scar was. He remembered her soft and cold touch. She was haunting him.

 


"What are you looking at ? Move." She grunted, stopping his thoughts.

 


He didn't move. He was surprised. She really couldn't remember him ?

He was sure, she saw him, his face... But why ?

After reconsidering it, she wasn't in a good condition so maybe she was just very tired or something like that. However, just to be sure, he blocked her way ; wishing that she would look at him again and recognize him. But the only thing he got was a threatening glare, which made him gulp. Yoongi, finally decide to clear her way. She had some difficulties to stand and walk straight, but he didn't want to push his luck to far.

 


"You don't remember me, right ?" He mumbled as she passed by him.

 


He didn't see her flinched and walk in the opposite direction.
Promising in his mind that he would see her again.
And that he would do everything to make her remember.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a few minutes before midnight and Yoongi headed back to the bar, where a unreadable Namjoon was wainting for him, outside. Yoongi shook his head annoyed and eyed his friend, mentaly saying that he shouldn't make him even more upset.

Advice that the other one followed.

However, the maknae line didn't seem to get the message and started to question him about his little escape. He brushed them off and went into the changing room. He sat on the bench and ruffled his hand in his hair. After making sure his brushing was totally messed up, he lifted his head and looked at the celling.

Blank.

 

Just why was he so interested by her ? She just saved him once.

And yet she didn't recall him. So why being so focused on it ? He just sighed.

He never thought a girl would be stuck in his mind like that.

Sometimes he wonder if it would be good if they just joined the the downtown world...

He sighed again. Probably not.

 

But now, he knew that there was a high probabilityarrow-10x10.png for her to be the dog's owner. Which means that she was only a few blocks away, right ?  

Well he wasn't hopeless anymore.

 

While he was deeply thinking, Jimin entered the room. He spotted his hyung and went to sit near him. The latter one didn't look good, he didn't know why, and that was making him worried. He asked Namjoon to explain but the other one seemed as lost as him.

 


"Hyung ?" Jimin quietly said.

 


No response. Yoongi didn't hear.
He had his face facing the ceilling, eyes half closed, mouth slightly open, breathing silently.

 


"Yoongi-hyung ?"

 


This time, Jimin shook the older one. Making him groan.
The black haired boy snapped out of his transe, looking at the one who just disturbed his thoughts. Upon seeing that it was his favorite dongsaeng, he just let out an other groan mixed with a sigh.

 


"Are you okay ?"


"Sort of." He shortly replied.


"I think you need to rest a bit. Days are going to be long. And you seem concerned by something." Jimin blurted out. "If it's about the girl, I th-"


"Don't worry about this." Yoongi cut him roughly.

 


Withouy a warning, he stood up and diriged himself towards the back door.

Jimin didn't utter a word, he knew where his hyung was going ; home.

 

The night was cold but it seemed that the lazy boy couldn't care less. He just wandered in the streets. Passing by the park, he drifted his eyes around, subconciously searching for Ara.

But he saw nothing.

He continued until he arrived safely to their dorm. Kicking his shoes off on both sides, he lied on his bed, without even changing his clothes. He was just too tired.

He knew he wasn't in the right to complain about his life  -since they were people outside living with more hardships than him-  but just thinking about Ara not recognizing him, Namjoon's bar, the ladies' flirting and so on... He just found it tough.

 

He knew life was harsh, sometimes, but it wasn't going to be a living hell, right ?

 

With those negative thoughs, he fell asleep, his right hand resting on his forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next day, Jin decided to let the grumpy one rest as long as he wanted.
He knew the latter wasn't in a good mood and that sleeping would be a good cure for him ; at least a tiny begining. Escorted by the maknae line, he went to the bar, joining Namjoon that spent his whole night there, serving the few customers who stayed.


On the other side, Yoongi woke up late. His sleep being bothered by the neighbor who was doing some reparations, considering the noise he was making. He took his device from the table beside his bed and scrolled through the text messages. All of them were from the boys, wishing him to be better when they'll be back, and Namjoon threatening him, in a funny way, to be at work tomorrow or for the night shift if he wanted to be paid.

 


"This guy seriously." He mumbled, his lips curving slightly.

 


It was soon going to be night.

He almost slept the whole day...
Whoa, that surprised him.

He got dressed, ripped jeans, white tee and sneakers and went to the bar. He wasn't the type to like make the other worried about him. Even when it was tough, he would usually act like it's not.

In some ways, he thought that Ara was the same. Maybe it was just an impression, but she had that kind of aura.

Being the lazy turtle he was, it took him two hours to finally arrived at the bar.

Jin was being the barman today, while Hoseok, Jungkook, Namjoon were serving. He didn't spot the two troublemakers and went to the change room. Exiting it, he headed to the bar, waiting for customers to ask for him but also to talk a bit with the mother figure of the group.

 


"Where are the two ?"


"Went outside to buy you and Jungkook lamb skewers." He respond.


"Those jerks." He said, a tinny smile on his face.

 


Jin made a face while hearing him calling jerks even though he knew it wasn't meant.

 


"You should call them. It's been half an hour since they went, I'm a bit worried." Jin suggested.


"You're over thinking, nothing's going to happen. The-" While seeing the older's face, he sighed in defeat and searched for his phone in his jeans' pocket.

 


Pressing the speed dial, he called Jimin. It didn't took him long to respond.

 


"Hyung !" He spoke, a little surprised by the call.


"Where are you ? Hanging around and skipping work ?" Yoongi playfuly asked.


"I'm at the park with Taetae. No ! We were just playing with the dog since he was here." He blurted out, not understanding the joke.

 


But what he said rushed into the black haired male's brain, making him silent.
Did he just say dog ?
Could it be Ara ?
On the other side, Jimin, kind of worried with the abrupt silence decided to break it.

 


"The lamb skewers shop was closed." He told.


"Just hurry back, we need help." Yoongi said, a bit out of it.


"Yes. We'll be right ba-"


"Hyung !" Taehyung cut Jimin out of the blue. "I found Noona ! The grey Noona !"

 


Ara !
Now he was sure.

 


"Jimin !" He spoke louder, surprising the younger.


"Y-yes, hyung ?" He replied unsure.


"Ask her where sh-" He stopped himself, realising what he wanted to say. "Nevermind."


"Hyung ?"


"It's becoming busy. Move your asses."

 


And with that he ended the call.

He gave Jin a look and he told him that they were almost here. He walked through the crowded place and did his job; serving the customers the best he could. Earning some nasty glare from the girls' boyfriend when he would smile at them.

 

It's not as if he asked to do it, .

 

Brushing the matter aside, his thought drifted to what he wanted to ask earlier.
"Ask her where she lives." was what he wanted to say.
But, hey, he was a man and had a pride...

 


"She's going to drive me crazy." He said while ploting himself in a comfy armchair.


"Do you need someone to make you feel better ?" A voice called him from behind.

 


From what he heard, it was a girl.
To be sure, he turned his head.
And was met by a woman in her... thirties ? He randomly guessed.
Annoyed by the fact, that she wanted to make out with him, he stood up and slowly moved apart, not without forgeting to replied her offer.

 


"Dear customer, we are not serving favors on the menu. Please restrain yourself from such request." He said, emphasing the word favors while he glared at the woman.

 


Not worring about her anymore, he walked to the bar again.
Jin was about to speak when the troublemakers rushed in. They looked excited and Taehyung came to him, his box smile spread across his face. Jimin followed him and averted his gaze to Yoongi.

 


"She lives in the second block. And she's the one who gave him a candy." He blurted with his lips curved.


"Why are you saying this ?" He asked, taken aback by the youngers' word.

 


Jimin only looked at him and smirked.

So he did understood him. . His pride was hurt.

Heading to the restroom. He looked at his reflection. There was a small smile plastered on his face. He thought about the lollipop and chuckled. The image was kind of funny.


A mysterious girl, with mysterious background, part of the Staff, giving a lollipop to a twenty year old kid...


He couldn't help but smile. An idea suddenly popped in his mind.

He knew where she was living, so, why not going and greet her ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His shift finished, he went to the second block.
It really was a ty place. The walls were almost ruins, mold was running through the entire lenght of the building. It looked like a hauted house.


Was she really living here ?


Surprisingly, he spotted a sport car on the parking lot. Well, it was the only one. It was brand new, with a cool red flame design on its black auto-body.


Was she racing ? Probably. She was in a gang after all.


Luckily for him, it was a three story building. He wouldn't have to search for long.

He still looked for any help but decided to just took a look. Reaching the last floor, he saw a wooden door, constrasting with the other ones who looked more solid. He walked there and heard something. It was a piercing noise. It calmed down but soon became stronger. It looked like something was crying.

 

Then, he remembered.
The dog !

Something inside told him that it wasn't a good news. His heart started to beat faster. The door opened itself with an odd creaking noise and he stepped in. His eyes widened when he saw the blood stains across the floor. He followed the drips and entered the living room -or at least what it seemed to be- and heard the noises becoming louder. It was coming from behind the curtain.

 

As he opened the curtain, his eyes landed on a dog, lying on the floor.

Blood dripping from its frail body.

Ara wasn't here.

Had the dog being attacked ? He heard him letting out an agonizing sound.
In panic,he took a pen and a sticky not, writting his number at a fast speed before rushing over to the dog. He took him in his arms and exited the room. In fear he would die, he called Taehyung and asked him for the nearest veterenary office.

 

"Hang on, doggie."

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________