Life Pt.1

Misconception

/!\ Little warning : presence of violence (not to a very ugly extend but still) in the beginning of the chapter. If you don't want to read it, message me and i'll resume you the content. /!\

 

CHAPTER 2 - LIFE

SHE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

She knew the three men's faces standing in front of her.
They also knew hers.
The tension in the air was unbearable. One of them started to scratch the back of his neck, he was nervous. He soon started to bit his lower lips, he was uncomfortable. The long haired girl saw them slightly shaking, they were afraid.
Ara was standing, hands in her leather jacket, looking at them. They knew what was going to happen, and how she was going to proceed.
Those three had infiltrated the Staff.
They collected some data about the Staff - though it wasn't enough to break them down- and tried to disappear without letting traces behind them. What a bad idea...It's funny how they were now regretting it. One of the man started to laugh. The one on his right side punched his shoulder, hoping to stop him. It didn't really help.

 


"Mr Han. Mr Yang. Mr Kim."Ara muttered. "Why would you do that ?"

 


They didn't hear her because of Mr Han's laugh but still, they were looking at her. With horrified eyes. The only reflection she got of herself was a monster.
They saw her as one.

 


"Look at you Ara !" Mr Han shouted out of nowhere. "You are a murderer. You are pathe-"


"Shut your mouth you idiot ! Don't make it worse!" Mr Yang yelled at him.


"Don't give a about it ! We'll die no matter what." Mr Han said cynically. "Just before you kill us let me tell you this, dear Ara." The blink in his eyes changed. "You'll never get out of it; he is a monster !  After he's done with you, he'll kill you like all the ones he already has. You think just because you were with him since the beginning you'll stay alive ?" He smirked. " Don't fool yourself. Look at you ; the scars will never vanish and he'll make new ones."

 


Ara was still watching them, but something was off. They noticed it, and Mr Yang knew that his fellow member shouldn't have cross the boundaries.
They knew something about him.
But even this little amount was too much.

She pulled out a knife, and slowly approached the three traitors. Her minds was running wild. It was impossible fot them to know her story, her darkest secrets were buried deep inside.

 


"You know nothing about me." She slowly spoke, making them jump by the scary aura she had.

 


Before one of them could even hiss a word, Ara jabbed her knife in Mr Han's throat.
The body fell on the floor. Blood dripping from the sides. The remaining two stood there, unable to move an inch. Fear paralyzing them. As she went to Mr Yang's side, he tried to block her attack.


Resistance didn't last long with her, he should know that.


But that didn't stop him from trying. He grabbed a nearby cosh and bravely fought back, making her lose the grip on her knife that flew around. He suceeded into scratching her knees -god  knows how- but he couldn't keep the pace. She was too fast and too agile for him. In the blink of an eye, she hit him in the back of his neck, knocking him down. Pulling out a gun, that was hidden in her back, she shoot him right in the head.
Mr Kim was the last one she had to deal with...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who in the world would have know that Mr Kim was a good fighter ?


It took her some time before she could finish him off. She looked at her reflection in one of the abandonned store on the street. Her knees were cut, the corner of her lips covered with dried blood, her hands tainted in red as well as her shirt and pants. Her cheekbones were also bruised.
She did look scary.
She walked in the streets, not minding people avoiding her. Ara just wanted to head back home, taking Soom for a walk and go to sleep.

But why were they so many people on the streets ?

On a basic day they wouldn't be anyone, so why ?


Ara made her way through the crowd and saw a new sign ; "Monterlude". Probably a new bar trying to make its business... She shrugged it off and continued her way to her block. That was before a sudden pain hit her in her chest. She stopped her track for a while feeling the pain moving onto her head. The world was blury around her for a minute before coming back almost to normal. Fortunately, she spotted a drugstore on the corner of a street.
Entering it, she scared the cashier but didn't bother too much about it.

 


"Painkillers." She purchased, her voice sounding a rough..

 


He gave her the medecine with shaking hands. She grabbed it and turned around, only to be met by a black haired boy starring at her with widened eyes. Her mind was blank. The throbbing pain didn't stop and it made her feel weird. She just wanted her bed. But somehow, the guys didn't seem to be here to purchase something. He was out of breath, his right hand resting on the shelf next to him, supporting his body. He was looking at her fiercely, as if he was trying to read her inner thoughts. His other hand landed on his stomach, palpating something.
His skin ? What a weirdo...

 


"What are you looking at ? Move." She grunted at him.

 


The boy didn't move. His eyes widened even more. He looked somehow, surprised ? She wanted to head outside but he blocked her way. She drifted her eyes on him and send him a threatening look. Ara saw the guy gulping and quietly clearing the way.

 


"You don't remember me, right ?" She heard him mumble as she passed him by.

 


Why would she know him ?
 She searched in her memory but couldn't find anything. Anyway, the pain was becoming worse and it wasn't a good idea to faint on the streets. She took some of the pills and swallowed them without water. It was bitter.
The silver haired girl headed towards her appartment hoping the pills would quickly make miracles.

 


Reaching her door, as always, she called Soom. The dog ran to her and the top of her nose, making her chuckle. She quicly cleaned her hands and took him to the park. Again, she sat on the bench, taking her device out. She called him and hung up after two rings, as usual. What wasn't was that he called her right after.

 


"Ara." His deep voice resonated in her head. "I need you."


"I'll pass by tomorr-"


"No ! I need you now ! Do you hear me ? Right now !" He yelled before cutting the line.

 


She was left startled. This was never good.
She called her dog and ran as fast as she could to drop him at her appartment before leaving for the headquarters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Boss, Ara is here." The bodyguard, Joe, informed.


An indistinct voice replied to him and he oppened the door. Walking in, she saw him ; back facing her, looking at the dark streets outside, arms crossed on his chest.

 


"Taecyeon."

 


Her boss turned around.

His eyes wanderned on her frail figure, analyzing all the damages.

His eyebrow twitched.

He walked closer to her and placed his right arm around her waist, tucking her closer to his torso. The girl didn't do anything, she was here so he should be reassured.

He let his left arm running through her long hair until he could touch the very bottom of her back. He darted to go further, landing his hand on her thigh, strocking gently until he started to slowly travel up.
Ara was stunned and didn't move ; he never did this.
Taecyeon's face slipped to the crook of her neck, marking her once, twice. She let out a restrained scream.

 


"Shhh...What took you so long ?" He hushed.

 


She could feel his hot breath across her cold skin, sending her displeasant shivers down her spine. She tried to move but his grip was stronger. Both of his hands went on her stomach, slowly making their way under the thin fabric of her shirt. He made contact with her cold skin, which stopped him for a few seconds due to his surprise. In that short while, Ara managed to get out of his grip. He groaned in displeasure and yanked her body to the wall, arms held over her head, shooting a nasty glare at her.

 


"I'm the boss here. You do what I want you to do, remember ?" He hissed at Ara.

 


She nodded, weakly.

She was scared of him ; even if it was an insult to her pride, she was. But she will never give him favors. This was a straight capital letter N to the O. He wanted to play it like that ? This was not going to go as planned, she had to defend herself ; even though she feared him.
Regaining her composure, she stood in front him, glaring a him. He only smirked.

 


"You know I like it when you act tough." This was only making her cringe. "But I'll stop it here for today. You're free to go." He finished with a smile.

 


Not asking it twice, Ara turned around, exiting this suffocating place. She didn't bother to bid goodbye or whatever act of manners. She just wanted to get out.
She could still feel his hands all over her tummy and her inner thigh.
She was disgusted.
Of him.
And of herself for being so weak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day started with a painful headache, making her slur.

But she had to work despite it. Life is hard.

Or else she was going to be kicked out on the streets.

Ara got dressed and made her way to the convenience store few blocks away. Not wanting to be too much of a show with her hair and eyes -that were natural for gods sakes !- she hide most of it inside her baggy sweater and wore a cap, shading her eyes.
Her workplace wasn't far making it convenient for her to get home. She notices it was a few street away from the new bar. On the streets, she could see flyers advertising for it :

 

"Monterlude - Open 24/7 - Seven guys just for your service."

 

The only thing that went through her mind while reading it was, tiring.

The day was going smoothly and, she didn't have to work at night. Which means she could finally have a rest and play with Soom. Just the thought of her dog made her lips curved.
The customers were kind and a little girl even offered her a lollipop. Ara patted her head gently and she replied by a cute smile that made Ara chuckle. She put the sweet in her pocket and waved at the girl.

 


"Cute."

 

 

The night appeared without her noticing and soon she was out of the store, heading to her doggie.

She lead him to the park and played with him.

Both of them ran here and there, enjoying the thrill of the speed. Soom chasing her and Ara dodging him the best she could. After many tries, he finally succeded to catch her, making her fall on the ground. She laughed by seeing her dogs eyes, patting its head lighlty. She rested her frail and exhausted body on the pebbled floor, legs spread in front of her. She looked like a little and innocent kid.

But this was just a disguise.

She heard some noises coming from behind. She stood up and waited for the nuisance to show up and eventually leave. Brushing the dust of her pants she turned around like nothing happened. She was only met by two guys, calling Soom.

The guys she saw a couple nights before ?

She recognize one of the figure but the other was still a mystery to her. The one she knew was shorter than the other one. When they spotted Soom, the shorter one ran to its side, arms wide open, wanting to cuddle. He let out a cute smile, making his eyes disappear as he felt Soom's fur. He mumbled some praised about the dog, how cute he was and so on. The tall one joined his side and greeted shyly Ara. Was he embarrassed ?

 


"I'm sorry about my friend's behaviour. He kind of changes whenever he sees pets." He apologized with a cute box smile that seemed familiar to Ara.


"It's okay." She replied coolly.

 


The taller one didn't waist his time and was soon imitating his friend; cuddling with her big dog.

It was like she was facing two kids.

Both of them were playing with her dog, jumping around, throwing a stick of wood in the air, wanting Soom to bring it back. Which he did.

Ara just sat on a close bench, still feeling tired by the previous race with her dog. She panted a bit. The three were still playing around. Watching her dog being so loved and happy, she could just smile. If she could see Soom happy, she was happy too ; nothing could matter to her at that moment. She couldn't think of anything else. Not even the encounter with her boss last night could bring her mood.
 

At least for the moment.

 

She let out a sigh, brushing  her hair out of her face. She was kind of tired, just after running for thirty minutes; was she becomming old ?
The boys were still fooling around, how could they be so energetic ? They didn't even seem that older or younger than her... She really was a lazy turtle.

Sudenly, the taller one came to her, a smile plastered on his face.

 


"You are the one who saved our hyung back then, right ? It's you, right ?" He seemed like a excited kid.

 


However, Ara didn't respond right away. She was searching through her memory.
Back then ?
Saved ?

 


"The drug deal ?" She asked, making the tall boy shake his head up and down. "So it was you..."


"Yes it was us. Our hyung is alive and grumpy as always, thanks to you for the fast treatment !" He said, the smile growing bigger and bigger.


"So I guess you do live near here." The shorter joined the conversation.


"Ya, introduce yourself, she doesn't know yo-"


"Actually I don't know the both of you." Ara cut the taller one.


"Oh right." He said while chuckling. "I am Taehyung and he's my friend Jimin !"

 


The silver haired girl nodded her head.
Just by looking at Taehyung's eyes, she could affirm that he knew who she was, though the shorter seemed waiting for a respond.

 


"Ara. Member of the Staff." She answered his silent question.

 


She saw his eyes growing wider. Ara smirked at his reaction. The blink in his eyes shifted for a short moment; he was... afraid ?
Not really but... he was cagey.
One of the boys' cellphone rang, Jimin answered.

 


"Hyung !" He looked around him. "I'm at the park with Taetae. No! We were just playing with the dog since he was here."Jimin paused for a second. "The lamb skewers shop was closed." He looked at his friend and muttered something that Ara didn't understand. "Yes. We'll be right ba-"


"Hyung !" Taehyung screamed out of the blue. "I found Noona ! The grey Noona !"

 


Knowing that he was talking about her, she switched her gaze to the latter and raised an eyebrow.

Were they searching for her ?

Jimin on the other edge seemed busy with his hyung on the phone.

She stood up from the bench and called Soom. She was tired and a small pain was slowly reaching her lungs. She coughed a few times, gaining the boys' attention. Ara didn't know what was happening recently with her. She wasn't in her best condition. It was driving her crazy but, she didn't wanted to go to the hospital.
Anyways.
She moved her head, signaling that she was leaving. She was about to go when she felt something tugging her leather jacket's sleeve. She turned around and was met with Jimin's eyes.

 


"Will we see you again ? I'm sure hyung wants to meet you !" Ara looked at him with a blank face; it wasn't right to befriend with people. At least with her background. She was about to respond when he cut her. "We are all living in an appartment, in the fifth block, and you ?" He asked, his eyes dissapearing as a smile spread on his face.


"Block two." She curtly replied.


"That's a ty place to stay." Taehyung barged in. "I heard that the rooms there aren't even responding to the actual standarts."


"I know."


"Be careful Noona!" He said with his box smile.

 


Ara didn't know what to do. Those two were very friendly with her, even though they actually knew who she was. It was kind of destabilizing. Putting her hands in her pockets, she felt something in it.

The lollipop.

Before leaving for good, she gave Taehyung the sweet. When the silver haired girl saw his gaze, she could easily imagine him with puppy ears and the tail swinging.
He really looked like a puppy.
She slightly smiled and turned her heels. She felt something vibrating in her jacket. She quickly pulled out her device.

 

It was her boss. Taecyeon.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello dear readers,

The first part of the second chapter is finally out ! (Yay)

So, how was it ? Does it make you curious about the OC ?

Give me your opinion, I'm curious.

Anyways, Yoongi's focus will be out very very soon. So stay tuned !

Best wishes for the New Year by the way, I wish you all the best.

 

I wanted to thank my second upvoter : Shin-Nara !

But also the new subscribers~

Big kisses

-Soonan