Nevermind Pt.1

Misconception

CHAPTER 1 - NEVERMIND

SHE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Finally reaching her room, she slightly unlocked the door and let out a little bark. An other one respond her and with light speedarrow-10x10.png her dog appeared in front of her. Seeing its master, the dog sat in front of her, begging her to pat its head. She pouted. No matter how much she was tired, just watching it was tranforming her in jell-o.


"Soom." She smiled.


She opened her arms and the dog came, the top of her nose before resting its head in the crook of her neck. She patted its fur, rassuring her dog in her embrace.


"I'm back." She hushed.


Soom was just to cute for her. She let him free and notice that the dog was starring at her hands. She looked and saw the dried blood decorating them. Facing her beloved dog once again, she felt all the concern in its eyes. Wanting to rassure it, she shyly smiled and went in the bathroom to clean herself. The task done, she took the line and called Soom. It was time to go for a walk.
Fortunately she didn't have to go far; there was a park just behind her block. In fact, the chain wasn't very useful since she would often let him wandered freely but anyways.
She watched as her dog was running across the trees, enjoying its free time. Without her knowing, a little smile appear on her face.
Her dog was her only company.
You could interpret it as her family. Soom was her everything, the reason she was still fighting, the reason she was still one of the "Staff". But he was also the reason of her smile.

 

She sat on one of the bench, crossing her legs and hugging herself so that she wasn't going to die from the cold. She took her device out of her pocket and started reading the unread messages. Most of them were from him, saying that she did a great jobarrow-10x10.png and that he would call her soon enough for another "task". She let out a frustrated growl.
"Task" has alot of meanings for him. What would be the next "task" ? Curiosity was killing her...

 

Few minutes later, Soom came back a ball in his mouth. A ball ? She didn't bring any with her. Maybe it was somewhere in the park. She brushed the matter off and grabbed the ball to throw it in the air. She played with Soom and watched the dog chasing after the ball. Admiring its ashy fur, the particular white spot on his head forming a triangular shape, its sparkling eyes full of joy, its mouth slightly open letting his tongue dangle.


"What would I do without you ?" She asked herself.


The fresh wind came across her face, washing all her thoughs away and bringing her back to reality. It was time to head home; she was already starting to doze off. Soom was nearby, and she noticed three figures besides. The dog didn't bark so she just watched it being cuddle by one of the man. Well, it looked like a man for her. The two others joined him afterward. She let them continuearrow-10x10.png for a moment.
She couldn't really dinstinguish they faces and she didn't really care. Feeling the urge to go home now, she waved at her dog with her cold fingers and screamed its name. He immediatly responded and followed her.


"See ya next time Soom-ah !" One of the man shouted.


His voice was kind of sweet ? Like it was a child. Which startled her a moment, since he looked like a boy in his twenties... She didn't bother to think about it more and walked through the park to regain her block.

Finally, she reached her floor. Her muscles were sore, she was definitely not going to work tomorrow. But after reconsidering that... It was certainely not an optionarrow-10x10.png. She was short on money.
And he wasn't the type to give her much.
She muttered some insulting words and decided to eventually open her door, throwing her shoes on both sides and slamming the door harshly behind her. She fell on her bed, soon joined by her dog who decided to lie next to her stomach.  While she was slowly drifting to a peaceful sleep, her phone rang.
It was him.


Tomorrow 8pm. Yanghwa Bridge, third alley. Traitors.
 KILL THEM.


She sighed and let her arm fall on the matress. Why would they betray them ? She never wanted to kill them...


"I wonder if he's okay..." She mumbled before closing her eyes and fall into a short but deep sleep.

 

 


Was it two years ago ? Or maybe three ? She couldn't really tell. What she knows is that she never regreted that day. Why would you ask.
Because she met them.
She was in the middle of a "task" that he asked her to do. It was a drug deal. She hated those and she knew the consequences for doing them ; you'll never get out of it, it's a vicious circle. But was could she do about it ? She had a debt...
Anyways.
Everything was going fine, well that's what she thought, until three guys appeared, out of nowhere, guns in hands. They pointed at the man, who was holding the pack of heroin, and threatened him. But he didn't care, and that's why he died.
Blood started to flow.
The dead guy's men replied. Also weapons in their hands.
She was in the middle, fighting back and protecting the pack she had collected. One of the three guys saw her trying to escape.


"Don't move !" He said, the gun pointing at her head. "O-or I'll shoot."


"Are you sure you want to play that game ?" She answered back, looking at him right in the eyes.


"You don't have any wea-weapons to defend yourself so gi-give up." Despite his low voice, he seemed to be a good boy, or he just didn't have a lot of experience.


"You sure do look like you're going to shoot." She said while smirking.


Without the guy in front of her noticing, she pulled out a knife. Step by step, she moved forward, still facing him, looking straight at his eyes. She could see him shake ; was she that scary ? Well... maybe ? The guy in front of her looked to be around her age or maybe a bit older. He was tall, black hoodie and a leather jacket, his eyes starring at her, trying to read her every moves. Unfortunately, she was unreadable.
In the blink of an eye, she was at his side, the knife penetrating his torso. He let out an horrified scream. She pulled out the knife, tainted with that significant color, red. The guy had still his eyes widened. He reached out for his stomach, feeling it but... there was no trace of wound. Surprised, he turned back. And he saw him. The guy who was supposed to be  dead a few minutes ago, agonizing on the floor. She just saved him... but why ?


"Why did you save me ?"


"A good boy like you shouldn't be here." She almost whispered, not wanting him to hear.


"What did you say ?"


"You should get ou-"


"V ! Suga was shot ! Hurry up, we gotta go !" A sudden voice called, cutting her words.


The one called V hurried himself. She decided to follow him, why ?
She didn't know herself.
 Just by seeing the blink in his eyes, she felt... good ? Maybe not safe, but she felt that he wasn't a bad person. When she reached the two others, she saw a guy lying on the floor, clenching his hands onto his stomach. He wasn't in a really good condition, he had several cuts on his face, arms, legs. But he was losing a lot of blood.


"Move." She ordered the two guys. The other guy beside V looked at his friend, concern in his eyes. "If I wanted to kill him, it would already beeing done. And... it's not like you could bring him at the hospital in that state."


 She put out some tools from her bag ; paperclips, alcool, compresses, and other "medical" stuffs. She lifted Suga's shirt and let out a groan. The bullet wasn't deep but it was going to be painful for the black haired guy. She unclipped some of the paperclips and began to surch for the bullet in his flesh.
The wounded one screamed.
He started to gesticulate, the pain was unbearable. She continued despite his grunting.

She worked on it till she met with something hard; the bullet. Carefully, she extracted it and  desinfect the wound before patching it with what she could. Drips of sweat were running on her forehead. She pulled herself up, meeting the two guy's gazes.


"He should be fine for now... If it goes bad, bring him to nearest hospital but, never mention the drug deal." She warned them.


"Th-thank you ! You saved our hyung !" V said, putting on a cute box smile that made her lips curved into a soft smile.


"Nevermind." She respond, taking her leave.


"What's your name by the way ? And why were you here ?" The mysterious guy besides V asked.


"J-Hope-hyung you should thank her."


"All you need to know is that I'm part of the so called "Staff" and -" She saw the boys eyes widened in surprise. "my name's Ara."