Girl in the Door

The Memory || Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Be good in school, Mihyun." My brother, Jaehyun, advised. I nodded while staring at the clock. 7:15 AM. We needed to be at school at exactly 7:30 sharp.

 

  To be honest, I'm afraid. Of whom? The students. Just the thought of my fellow school mates makes me cringe.

  I sighed as I grabbed a bread. I spread jam over it before eating it all up. The normal breakfast set up could have been peanut butter, but there was one problem- I'm allergic to nuts. I think my mom has it too, and it's a trait of hers that I inherited. I can't stand nuts, to be honest. Just smelling them would make me itch, and tasting them would bring me to the hospital. Yes, my allergy is that severe.

  "Mihyun, I'm already finished. Hurry up, it's already 7:20." Jaehyun said. "I'm done," I said, the moment he finished his statement.

  I love having breakfast with my brother, don't get me wrong. But this is plain. Life is plain.

 

  We went to school. I hopped out of the car before walking into the building. The school was prestigious. This place was full of rich kids. 

  I went to the principal's office. The moment I stepped in, I saw a teacher. Manners came to me, so I bowed. The teacher immediately comes to my aid, telling me that she will guide me to the classroom where my class is going to be held. I nodded before we proceeded on getting out of the office.

  "I guess you're one of the new students here." Is it not obvious? I could only sigh at her attempt of an ice breaker, but I still nodded. 

  "Why did you suddenly moved into our school? Doesn't your previous school hold a reputation of being prestigious? Is your dad the CEO of the flu company?" Okay, this woman is asking too many questions. I find her annoying. She's too nosy. Instead of answering her questions like the manner full and good girl that I am, I just remained silent. Maybe she'll get the hint.

  We finally reached the classroom. The teacher with me knocked on the door before opening it. "Mrs Kim, you have a new student from Singapore." The teacher said before looking at me, patting my shoulder and walking away. I rolled my eyes. I fixed my hair before going in the classroom.

  "Oh- it's you! Come in and introduce yourself to class." I immediately went in the classroom, slightly alarmed at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter