Picking up the left over shard

When Everything is Against Us

[Minzy's room]

Minzy was fixing her room; picking up all the fallen gundams and other things she had left unattended. Minzy then heard a knock on her still opened door, and it was the 2ne1 leader.

"Minzy about what I said a few days ago. I hope you don't take it to heart too much. I guess it's just that things have been really hard on me. So I'd like to apologize too and say that you're not completely at fault."

Minzy then smiled at their leader and they hugged again "Thanks. But please don't keep everything to yourself anymore. We'll work things out together."


[Hospital]

Three days later, Bom still hasn't reported anything back to the YG agency. And the three girls were getting worried.

Bom and her sister had finally said their last words to their mother. Though Bom had stopped crying, she couldn't bare talk. Left to her thoughts, she didn't mind the running footsteps that gathered around her. 

"Bommie unnie...I'm sorry for your loss."

"Unnie we got worried for you...you should have at least said something."

"Bommie-yah do you want us to bring you something?"

The girls tried to get her attention but Bom was not responding at all."Uhm hello girls." Go Eun said as she noticed them trying to Bom "She's still trying to cope from everything." She then told Go Eun what happened during Bom's stay at her residence.

Minzy held on Bom's hand, to try to give her a bit of comfort for her loss, and this caused Bom to start crying again, but this time in the caring arms of the maknae.

"Ah I think it would be best if you can kindly ask your agency's president if she can have more time to heal, with regards to me and my sister's situation." CL then respectfully bowed and assured her that her message will reach YG. All of the ladies then waited for Bom to stop crying again, before they bid each other goodbye.


[Funeral]

In a week the other 2ne1 girls decided to visit the burial of Bom's mother. When the other members of the yg family heard of the tragedy, some of them also visited or sent garlands of flowers. While they were having a mass in honor of the departed, the other girls were not able to see or even hear their main vocalist, so at the end, they went up to her sister.

"Where's Bom unnie?" CL asked Bom's elder sister, and she in turn pointed to a somewhat distant area.They then found Bom kneeling beside a tree, not crying, but simply huddled and hugging her legs towards her body.

"Bom unnie are you okay?" Bom nodded a bit.

"Who am I without my voice?" the three girls were stunned silent by what she said, and she "I can't be the main vocalist and sing like this." she then tried to sing, and all that came out were misplaced pitches mixed with an overly forced falsetto tones. "Its that bad." she commented.

"Bommie-ah you can get help from Gummy and the rest of the YG family."

"Its too late...I already called to the higherups canceled my contract with YGentertainment." She replied to Dara, and this shocked the girls. "If I really can't sing well again, then I don't want to sing at all."

"I didn't mean it when I said that." and Dara's eyes started to form tears.

"It's okay Dara, I understand. But when I really thought about it, It did hold some truth in it."

"Please reconsider again!" CL yelled out.

"The three of you are very strong. Seeing us grow into something as powerful as this, tells me that you can achieve greater things with or without me." she sadly smiled at them. The three girls were already in tears at what she said. "You will be fine." was the last thing she said before she left with her sister.