Wonsoo; "City Lights And Coffee Cups"

25 Days of Shipmas

    There was something about the sight of Hong Jisoo and Jeon Wonwoo walking hand in hand through the busy nighttime streets of the city that was just so natural, so right, as though they were meant to be that way. It was nothing shy of picturesque, both bundled in scarves and long coats, leaving tracks through the dusting of snow that couldn’t have been deeper than an inch thick. With only the street lamps and lights filtering out through the windows of all the shops that they passed to illuminate them, it really did look like an image straight out of a storybook. Their initial objective in coming to the city had been to do their Christmas shopping for the other members - in the true fashion of Wonwoo and Jisoo, however, in the end, they were left roaming the streets and window shopping.

 

    Not that they minded, of course. Both were thrilled to see the Christmas decorations peeking out at them from every window, admiring the twinkling lights that seemed to be everywhere that they looked and the delicately carved ornaments hanging from strands of garland. In truth, however, both believed that the most beautiful sight around was the other’s cheeks, tinted scarlet by the cold weather.

    

    “You’re cute,” Wonwoo informed the older, using his free hand to teasingly pinch one of his cheeks and turn it an even darker shade of red than it already was.

 

    Jisoo just giggled, turning his face to the other side to hide his beatific smile - Wonwoo still caught him, though, and in return flashed Jisoo a radiant smile of his own.

 

    Wonwoo wouldn’t mind if every day for the rest of his life were this cold, he thought passingly, so long as he got to see Jisoo’s rosy cheeks and pretty smile. He was pulled from his thoughts, though, as they passed by yet another store, Jisoo gasping and pointing out an intricately designed snowglobe that had managed to catch his eye for obvious reasons. Wonwoo smiled, committing the image of the snowglobe to memory - he’d come back and get that for Jisoo some time when he wasn’t with him.

 

    There was an undeniable air of serenity about them as they walked, and Wonwoo would’ve liked to stay like that forever. Feeling the block of ice known as Jisoo’s hand, however, he figured that it was for the best to duck inside for a bit. He spotted a cafe a few doors down, and deciding that would be a good place to seek shelter for a little bit, he pulled Jisoo in.

 

    It was certainly befitting of the Christmas atmosphere. The smell of pine needles hung heavily in the air, though it was accompanied by the scent of freshly brewed coffee, as was to be expected from a cafe. A tree stood tall in the corner, covered in ornaments of every color, and paper snowflakes dangled from the ceiling. Everything about it was cozy, and Wonwoo noted that he’d have to bring Jisoo back here some time - this was exactly the sort of place that the American loved.

 

    “How nice,” said Jisoo, as if he could read Wonwoo’s thoughts, and it was all that the latter could do to laugh.

 

    He sent Jisoo to find a seat for the two of them, saying that he could order - after all, he had long since learned Jisoo’s order by heart, and he couldn’t help but feel the swell of pride in his heart every time that he was able to order for his boyfriend. It was with a coffee in one hand, hot chocolate in the other, and a smile on his face that Wonwoo made his way over to the windowside table that his Jisoo had chosen, the shorter boy staring out the window and watching the snow fall.

 

    While he graciously accepted the hot chocolate, Jisoo looked scandalized at the sight of Wonwoo’s drink. “Coffee?” he asked in disbelief. “Wonwoo, it’s eight at night! You’ll never be able to sleep later!”

    

    Wonwoo simply smiled - leave it to Jisoo to be so concerned with him over such a small matter.

 

    Soon enough, as expected, Jisoo forgot about Wonwoo’s apparent transgression, gaze drifting back out the window. “It’s really pretty, isn’t it?” He asked softly, awestruck look in his eyes as he carefully brought the cup to his lips, sighing in bliss at the taste.

 

    It took all of Wonwoo’s power to drag his eyes away from Jisoo - but who could blame him? His dark eyes were literally sparkling, a combination both of the reflections of the light strand around the window and his admiration for whatever it was that he was looking at, and the corners of his perfectly pink lips were curled up ever so slightly. He was a vision of loveliness, and Wonwoo wasn’t sure how he managed to look away, though he supposed that the view out the window wasn’t half bad either. The snow continued to fall down, though not heavily at all - very softly, almost delicately, as if it were falling with the utmost care. Even prettier than that, however, had to be the lights of the city. As if the streetlights didn’t give it a calm enough atmosphere, even the tallest of skyscrapers had been decked out in Christmas lights of every color.

 

    “Yeah,” he whispered back finally, “it is.”

 

    Finally, the ginger haired boy turned his attention back to Wonwoo, an earnest expression on his face. “I’m really glad to be here with you,” he said. There was something about Hong Jisoo that made it easy to believe that everything he said was entirely sincere - was it the look in his eyes, or perhaps the tone of his voice? Wonwoo didn’t know what it was, but he sure as hell believed him when he said that.

 

    Wonwoo smiled, reaching across the table and giving Jisoo’s hand a squeeze. “I’m glad to be with you, too.” If this was was his Decembers would be like from now on, then he could definitely get used to it. “I love you, Jisoo.”


    And then those beautiful rosy cheeks of Jisoo’s were back - “I love you too, Wonwoo.”