Soohao; "Pine Needles And Pajamas"

25 Days of Shipmas

    Half of the fun of December was most certainly staying in one’s pajamas all day long to avoid the harsh cold that filled the air seemingly everywhere (and, really, just to stay comfortable). At least, that would be the answer that one would receive if they were to ask Xu Minghao or Hong Jisoo. Of course, they adored all aspects of December, Christmas time, and truly just of Winter as a whole. There was something about the pleasant laziness of never getting dressed that was just so beautiful, though; it was a feeling that no one could deny was amazing.

 

    As such, it came of absolutely no surprise to the other members when they found the duo stretched out on the couch still clad only in pajamas at four in the afternoon.

 

    It was a precious sight to see, really; both boys were definitely of the lanky variety (especially Minghao - each of the boy’s limbs seemed to go one for miles upon miles), so between the two of them, there was hardly so much as an inch of space left on the couch. Both were laying on their sides, Joshua with his back pressed against the back of the couch and Minghao with his against Joshua’s chest, the elder’s arm draped across his waist and holding him against himself in a manner that seemed nearly as though it was meant to be protective. Their legs were entangled together in a way that could only be described as hopeless; there would be no getting up from their position until they absolutely had to (which, both supposed, actually wasn’t so terrible of an idea in the end after all). A Christmas movie played on the TV, in Chinese as per the request of Minghao. The younger watched with rapt attention, large brown eyes made even wider than usual by his interest, lips parted just the slightest bit in concentration. Jisoo, on the other hand, furrowed his eyebrows as he attempted with all his might to focus, but he was able to pick up only on a few basic words and phrases that had been taught to him by Minghao. Even if he didn’t have the faintest clue of what was going on, though, he continued to watch without so much as a single complaint - Minghao was enjoying himself, so that was really all that mattered. Little details such as comprehension were irrelevant in Jisoo’s eyes when Minghao’s happiness came into play.

 

    As if the image of the two boys cuddled up as closely as could be wasn’t sweet enough already on its own, if one were to peek beneath the blanket that they had managed to cocoon themselves within, they would discover that their pajamas alone increased their levels of adorableness by at least ten fold, both wearing footsie pajamas that seemed to be just a size or two too big for them. The sleeves were just long enough to conceal their hands within them (quite the impressive feat in truth, considering the impressive size of Minghao’s hands), the rest of the cloth draped ever so loosely across their bodies - they were quite easily the most comfortable things that either boy had ever worn in their entire lives, and it was easy to deduce such a fact from no more than just a brief glance.     

 

    It was picture perfect, really. Of course, the other members were not quite fans of the sight, acting as though they were gagging as they walked through the room, joking that the two were disgusting. They simply smiled along, though - both were sure that there was nothing that could upset them when they were in such a position, so at peace with one another.

 

    The atmosphere of Christmas was heavy within the air; with less than a week left, it was impossible to ignore the building anticipation towards what was widely regarded as the biggest holiday of the year. The most obvious sign of the oncoming celebration was, of course, the boys’ choice in film; there was nothing that could trigger the holiday spirit within one quite like a holiday centric movie. Beyond that, however, yet one more tell tale sign was the scent of pine floating through the air. It had been lingering throughout the dorm for all of December, of course, accompanying the tree that they had brought into the living room fairly early on. With how close - how just out of reach the holiday was, however, it seemed amplified, as though it had at least doubled. It wasn’t overbearing, though - it flooded one’s senses, but in the most addictive of ways that there was. It was an intoxicating scent, to put it in the simplest terms, and one that it was quite easy to get addicted to - which the boys supposed that they did.

 

    It came as a surprise to Jisoo when the credits of the movie began to roll - his confusion must’ve aided greatly in the passage of time, he guessed. He stared blankly as the credits went on and on, trying his best to make out so much as a word, but the speed at which they were rolling was far too fast for him to comprehend any of it. He didn’t mind much that the movie had ended - what he did mind, however, was the fact that they would have to separate for one of them to get up and put the next movie in.

 

    With a sigh, he removed his arm from Minghao’s waist. “I’ll start the next one,” he offered, moving to get up from his spot, but he was stopped by the feeling of Minghao’s ice cold hand on his arm, pulling it back into its previous position. He looked at him quizzically, freezing in his spot as he awaited an explanation for the action.

 

    “Stay,” came the simple word from the Chinese boy, voice even softer than that which was typical of him as he continued to stare straight ahead, too embarrassed to meet Jisoo’s gaze.

 

    Jisoo was surprised at first, blinking as he attempted to register the words. Once they truly sunk in, though, it was all that he could do to smile, settling straight back down as he had been before, nuzzling his face against Minghao’s hair.


    He certainly didn’t need to be told twice.