A Pencil on The Melody

A Pencil On The Melody

It was evening when Mr. Jung done being regularly examined by his family doctor. It took around fourty minutes at least to be checked everything, from head to toe physical examination: from blood pressure until reflex motion, from conscious state measurement until motoric movement. Mr. Jung was lieing down on the bed, accompanied by Mrs. Jung who was standing a meter away right next to him, while the doctor observed his condition.

“It’s getting better, Mr. Jung. This is magical, rapid progress of yours.” The doctor said, a man around fifty years old with smile never detached from his face since he worked for this family many years ago, “But, is there a matter bothering you recently?”

“His sons.” Jung Lyn answered instead, “It drought his concern so much.”

The doctor twitched a thiny smile, “You both have two adorable sons.” Gathering off his medical equipment to be inside his bag, the doctor said again before leaving, “But don’t take the thought too much, Sir. You must stay relaxed. Your condition is stable, but still fragile. And stress usually gives worse impact on your body.”

Ahrasseo.” Mr. Jung answered, sounded like just formality.

“Be healthy for everyone, Mr. Jung Hang San. You’ve been missed for a long time.” The Doctor put another sincere smile that induced Mr. Jung to finally nod understandingly. It touched Mr. Jung’s heart, what the doctor just said. The burden of taking care of a dead man for seven years was placed on his family’s member’s shoulders, no one else.

“Count on me, Doc.” Jung Lyn convinced.

“Thank you, Ma’am,” He drew a light bow accompanying with another demure smile before finally taking a step, “If you need anything, just call me. I’m taking my leave.”

“Thank you.” They both released a short thankful bow.

After the doctor’s figure was already vanished behind the door, it was a time for Jung Lyn to face her husband. Regarding to what happened, as a mother of their children, this family’s number second leader, she surely knew the problems.

“Just follow Yong Hwa’s desirability.” She started. This matter should be clear sky on his husband’s view, no matter of what, no matter of a time.

Mr. Jung sighed. “I’m just so confused.”

“Because you troubled yourself.” Jung Lyn stated, “I know your heart still wants Yong Hwa to replace your position, because he’s your own flesh and blood, because you sustained his education in order to finally be your successor. But you do know what that kid wants. Insisting him is pointless, you’ll be tired.”

“Lyn-ah—“

“And the most important thing, he’s certain. He knows what he wants. That’s something as parents you must support.” She added, “And I said this out of my side on Yunho. Eventhough Yunho is much closer with me other than Yong Hwa, I learn from them, and I always want best of them.”

Mr. Jung looked forwards, his eyes were far, “No. I never once hesitate upon Yunho’s capability. I trust him, he’s my son after all. I’m just not sure of Yong Hwa’s choice somehow.” He then took a long sigh, “But well, that child’s determination could convince me.”

The silence crawled up for a while.

“Something bothers me right now is my own capability as their father.” Mr. Jung’s eyes shifted to glance at his wife, “I feel like I’m such a bad dad.”

Jung Lyn could guess everything, and what her husband concerned and worried this time was a problem they could not fix in a time. She understood.

“I know you want them to be happy. But happy doesn’t mean always getting what you want.” She let out her opinion before breaking briefly, “Including love, especially triangle love.”

Mr. Jung jerked up. “You know this issue?”

“Just by a glance, I could see the circumstance,” She answered calmly, “There’s just one thing we can do for them. Believing.”

The dilatation on Mr. Jung’s eyes reflected a hesitation and confusion.

“That’s a private issue we can’t interfere, Yeobo. Believing them to finish this matter is the best choice.” She stated again, to the point, “And of course, it’s based on Seo Joo Hyun’s choice, another thing we can’t interrupt or force at all.”

“So you’re saying I should stay out of this issue and acting blindy?”

“Just give them time,” Jung Lyn gave another explanation, “It will help them solve the problem.”

Mr. Jung was quiete for awhile, then he broke in a low tone after digesting what his wife told him all along, “Ahrasseo.

Jung Lyn inhaled a long breath. Son’s love issue is really complicated, for sure.

“And when will you plan to inform that girl about Jae Suk-kie?” The words were glided curiously, Jung Lyn wanted to know her husband’s plan.

“Tomorrow. After the launching.”

She nodded afterwards, “She’s ready for this, because she does excelent on her job. She deserves to be Jae Suk’s daughter.”

Another agreement nod from Mr. Jung. “Yes. Her mother raised her so well.”

“Your job to give Seo Hyun her rights is a must, Yeobo. In this matter, just do whatever you think the best for her.”

Right now Mr. Jung uttered in determination after split seconds, “I’ll separate the matter between Seo Joo Hyun as Jae Suk’s daughter and her issue between our sons. I hope everything turns out well.”

Jung Lyn closed her eyes slightly as a final relief before softening her voice, “That’s the best. I’m always on your side.”

“Thank you, Lyn-ah.”

Then the parents exchanged a reassuring smile for each other.

 

*&^%$#@

 

Tomorrow would be the party day: the last day he officially sat on his position at FNC, the last day he would spend full 24 hours in Seoul, the last day to grab his guitar and music –remanently, he hoped—and the last day, to see Seo Joo Hyun.

He should mentally break down now, then walking down that street and run to that girl who his entirely mind and soul recently, not just silently hiding in his room like this. Regarding the fight that seemed forever hanging and unsolved, he and Seo Joo Hyun were still in cool war. He retreated to step first to be honest, all blame his cowardliness, to see her and Yunho was quite overwhelming even for a guy like frontal Jung Yong Hwa. He didn’t want to light the fire by confronting their closeness—specifically his brother’s included.

But still, doing this whole packaging all day, even for army excuse, was not so him.

Even he was bored to death, this gathering-shirts-trousers-stuff sounded much better than placing himself on FNC building right now, while everyone was on the main hall and preparing here and there to the next party. Though of course, his presence in party final preparation was necessary.

“You’re still here?”

He caught Jung Lyn was standing upright on his door way, he just took a glimpse before continuing his business.

Arms folded, one side forearm was leaned on the doorframe, Jung Lyn’s eyes shot Yong Hwa meaningfully. Even his stepmother could read everything in this situation.

“A minute more.” Yong Hwa answered absentmindedly.

“You’re doing this since morning. And now is getting dark.”

“I’m packing stuff for two years, not just a short trip to Jeju or what.” Yong Hwa replied, getting sharper by the voice. “Shoo if you’re going to just stand up.”

The older woman shut down.

Jung Lyn concerned, her relationship with this young man had never been well since beginning. It was usual for her to face grumpy and ill tempered Yong Hwa even when she entered this house for the first time. His refusal to her presence was the main issue since the start. Though, she would none to the word innocent at all. She did have mistakes and participated in their bad relationship, too. By accusing this guy to kill his father was her biggest unforgivable fault over anything. She was aware, and responsible, for this young man’s misery for seven years.

“Here.” She put a paper bag full of vitamins and healthy supplements beside his opened luggage. “Make sure you drink this regularly, it will maintain your stamina.”

Yong Hwa stopped, right now eyes were fully focused on her. Still couldn’t get rid of his suspicious and hesitant glare, his words were crystal clear to hear in the air, “Thank you.”

Jung Lyn replied with a smile. It was a good signal, for sure.

Yong Hwa backed to his whole package stuff right after, choosing some photos from family album that were spreaded over his mattress to bring along. Missing family was so ultimate if everyone going away. Eventhough for seven years he kept hiding and escaping, never once he ever forgot about where he belonged.

“That one is perfect.” Jung Lyn pointed out at a picture of Yong Hwa’s complete family members taken recently: everyone included, plus Seo Joo Hyun. Yong Hwa’s father loved Seo Hyun since the first day he woke up, even before the news of Seo Jae Suk’s daughter had been noticed. So having that girl around was daily.

Yong Hwa agreed for a second, before snapping out catching Seo Hyun’s face smiling happily right beside him, “No. It’s just—“ Then he caught Jung Lyn’s eyes sparkling with full of anticipation and meaningful yet judgemental look he wouldn’t dig anymore, and inducing him to turn over instantly. “Fine.” He sighed, agreeing, finally throwing the picture to his luggage.

Jun Lyn hid a sneaky smile.

She’s someone you love, Son, whatever happens in the future, she can cure you.

“Yong Hwa-yah, can I have a word?”

She noticed Yong Hwa was nodding after split seconds thought.

“I know it’s late, but I’m sorry.” She began, “For everything. For pushing you to escape, for forcing you to places you’re not supposed to be, for being so rough to you all this time.” She continued, “I’m sorry for being a bad mother, to you.”

He stopped to digest every word, then turned around to face her.

“You know, honestly, after my father woke up, I’m not really that war on to you, Omeoni. My father made me realize that whoever I am, in the end I always need my family. And whatever my family is now, it’s you inside.”

Yong Hwa’s approval was something Jung Lyn wanted all this time.

But still, she had huge mistake burdening on her shoulder.

“If I were not accusing you on killing your father—“

“No, stop it. It’s in the past. Just, put it behind us, okay?” He explained, “If we look through everything, my bad behavior to you is the main problem, anyway. So, I’m sorry, too.”

Jung Lyn flashed a smile. She nodded slowly, getting very relief for everything.

Yong Hwa replied her.

“Ah, you should bring your mother’s picture, too. I think I have hers the best one.” Jung Lyn snapped, “Wait, I’ll go get it.”

Yong Hwa nodded thankfully.

She turned around to walk away, just for two steps before she turned around for a moment, “Everytime you need my help, you know where to find me. And if you’ll excuse my advice, do fix every issue that still stand being unsolved, Yong Hwa-yah, because you’ll not be here in short term by the day after tomorrow.”

Yong Hwa’s blinked.

Bingo.

And that issue is Seo Joo Hyun.

He closed his eyes and bit his lower lip. “I see. Thanks.”

By that, Jung Lyn’s small smile vanished along with her body behind the door.

Yong Hwa sighed, then he walked slowly to his desk with crumpled, confused, and mixed feeling.

Pulling the drawer, he took out some partiturs that seemed to be packed and full with complete melody of piano solo version and orchestra. He stared so long at the tittle: Untitled, and the composer: Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joo Hyun. He flashed a smile for himself, remembering the time he worked to fix and finish the notes and melodies night over night.

Then he took out the last stuff on that drawer: a yellow pencil with Seo Hyun’s initial name on the top of it.

Something that he kept since the day he borrowed this pencil in high school’s music room, seven years ago.

He knew he started to get attracted by that girl, later named Seo Joo Hyun, since their past. And he was supposed to return this pencil since very long time ago. But on the day he planned to meet her and waited for her to appear again in their beloved and secretly private music room in high school, all day long, she didn’t even come.

That was the last day he came for school before going to university at Japan unfortunately, so he chose to keep the pencil with him and fly away the next day.

 “Here you go, your beautiful mother.” His stepmother finally was sticking on his doorway again, inducing him to flash a sudden reply smile, trying to get focus on something else and throwing kicking her image out of his head. But, he knew he would fail in the end.

*&^%$#@

 

“I strongly recommend you not to dance,” The Orthopaedic Doctor said gently, breaking the bad news, after a long silence and sigh he managed to this young man who looked completely disturbed, nervous, and anxious. “You’re past injury seemed to reappear, and you should have another ankle surgery.”

Yunho sat down on a chair right in front of the doctor, was already depressed, eyes were sticked to the black and white photo of his ankle CT-scan imaging that was spreaded over the medical screen lamp. The Doctor formerly explained about Yunho’s permanent ligament rupture, and before the young man agreed to do surgery, he was supposed not to manage excessive move.

“But that dance is important,” Yunho excused.

Well, never been this important since it was her first official announcement as a composer, songwriter, at big event, FNC birthday party. And him to be her date. And them to have special ballroom dance stage.

The Doctor looked deep in his eyes, “Not as important as your further worse ankle condition, Jung Yunho-ssi. To the time you’ll achieve surgery, the pain won’t go.“

“Give me high dose of analgesics. Or the strongest one. Name it.”

It was silence before the doctor went again, “It’s symptomatic, reducing your pain but not fixing your injury. And the rupture could really go worse if you do the dance.”

Yunho gulped. He could, had to endure this, anytime and everytime. “There’s another option, isn’t there?”

A soft smile flashed on the doctor’s face made him drawn into strange drill, “If you mean beside surgery, I’m afraid not.”

And Yunho dashed to his own chair. This can’t be.

Ankle surgery is not just one-day treatment. 

“Then I refuse,” Yunho stated, “I’m delaying the treatment. I’ll go for this condition, and I’ll contact you later.”

Yunho caught his doctor raised his eyebrows, a bit surprised.

“I’m taking every consequence, even the worst.” So Yunho convinced, and right now he knew he was successful. The doctor heaved a long sigh before muttering a sentence: ‘okay, but be careful’ .

*&^%$#@

 

She walked down in her long gold-printed dress matched by a pair of high heels to this night event , having her brownish hair down in curvy lines, her simply casual make up tonight never been absent to register her gorgeous look. She chose long dress because she loved it, with cut area to her mild thigh to down, she was sure she was far away from the word inappropriate. To have this night as a part of hers, she just attempted to make everything for the best. Eventhough her heart never stopped from jumping and running, she was drop dead nervous.

The event just started with the opening of Jung Hang San’s speech as FNC’s Senior Director and former, the father of FNC Director, Jung Yunho and FNC’s Head of Music and Composing Department, Jung Yong Hwa—a man that was now just stood some metres away from her in his casual pair of night black suit, all tidy and.. masculine.

She suddenly met Yong Hwa’s glance, and she couldn’t resist her skipping heart beat so she just turned away nervously. She had a certain feeling that somehow Yong Hwa’s stare still lingered on her. But she tried hardly to just focus on the event running on stage. The official launching of drama soundtracks would be the last on this event rundown, the , just like “save the best for the last”. Until then she had to deal with her nervousness-but-can’t-help-it feeling, and just kept focusing on another performance with Yunho she would have in an hour.

She then caught Yong Hwa having a little problem out there –having his impatient handling to the phone, talking busily with other staffs around him, commanding. She had the urge to ask why, but backing off. Instead, she pulled Jung Shin when that man went to her direction. She was aware that her best friend was one of the staff on Yong Hwa’s surrounding that time.

“What happened?” She asked curiously.

“Yunho Sajangnim is not here yet. We should delay his speech that’s supposed to be ten minutes later.”

She made wrinkles on her forehead. Late was not for Yunho. “What? How come?”

“No one knew, he didn’t answer his cellphone. But he already left home an hour ago, so he was probably still on his way.”

“Could it be traffic?” Seo Hyun started to worry. She hoped Yunho was already on his dance suit, because their performance would be less than an hour. Or the most important thing, he could make here on time.

“I hope so. But whatever, time’s running, so his speech should be pending nonetheless. And thanks to Yong Hwa, Mr. and Mrs. Jung, the important guests of this company still can be handled.”

Seo Hyun’s worriness wouldn’t go far, even until Jung Shin patted her shoulder reassuringly and walked away to help Yong Hwa rearrange the event.

Right until she felt someone was grabbing her wrist and dragged her along.

It’s Yong Hwa.

She was too stunned and surprised for digesting the moment, so she involuntarily just shut up. Until they arrived in front a foreign man, and Yong Hwa began to introduce her.

“This is Seo Joo Hyun, a young woman, the exact person who composed the song you mentioned earlier.” Yong Hwa talked in English.

Seo Hyun could catch a very hospitable smile from this foreign man –around fifty with light brown mustache- as he heard Yong Hwa’s introduction.

“And Seo Joo Hyun, this is Mr. Wardon, our foreign company guest from America. He leads Roxar Agency at this very moment,” then he whispered, “Someone that was intent to make a deal with your creations.”

A surprise was drawn all over her voice. Roxar Agency, for everyone who lived in music world, was no joke. It was well-known music company with famous and successful musicians, singers, and albums. She was thrilled, and couldn’t help to hide her shock face.

“Your song on the soundtrack lights me up, Ms. Seo. Nice to meet you.” Mr. Wardon spreaded his hand to her.

She shook it instantly after regaining her composure, “Thank you. Nice to meet you, too.”

“So, Mr. Wardon, I’m afraid I still have some matters to solve out there. Ms. Seo Joo Hyun here will accompany you in exchange of me. I hope you don’t mind.”

Mr. Warnon nodded understandingly, “I prefer to have a beautiful young lady here, anyway.”

Then they shared a fresh laughter.

But not that pleasant for her.

She shot glare towards him right after, disagreed, never once she was left just one-on-one to someone so high, famous, and crucial like Roxar Agency Director. She was about to protest but Yong Hwa made a word first, “I’m leaving. Just keep him some moment, this is your chance. Make him impressed.”

Then he vanished.

She didn’t know how to do. Saying thank you to Yong Hwa was already on her agenda, that guy intentionally tried to help her carreer by sparing Mr. Wardon’s time to someone so infamaous like her. But better than, not in their bad term like this. Matter of factly, this was just their first talk during this cold war since the music program incident.

“So, tell me your inspiration of this song, Ms. Seo.”

She broke a soft smile to this man and began to talk. Spare time for a moment, Seo Joo Hyun, and relax.

*&^%$#@

“He hasn’t come yet,” Jung Shin reported, handling Yong Hwa the party rundown. “And a half hour later is his performance. I don’t have a clue what kind of performance, even the committee do not know the detail.”

Ah, that ballroom dance performance that was supposed to be this event biggest surprise. He knew he was a bit sarcastic, but his words just glided over.

Yong Hwa snatched the rundown and scanned it all.

“Should we cancel his performance? Or we should delay it? Your decision, Yong Hwa-ssi. You’re the one who have the rights.”

O-ho. It would be wonderful if we could cancel it, Lee Jung Shin.

Yong Hwa’s eyes then dropped to someone who’s still talking to Mr. Wardon out there, smiling, refreshing, beautiful, all glowing. Then he realized something. That this night was not just his and Yunho’s, but also hers. Someone who needed to be radiant and be a star at this important event, under his lead, at least. Fulfiling his ego would turn everything more awful, and he would certainly say no for the worst.

He caught Seo Hyun’s goodbye gesture to Mr. Wardon. She excused herself and walked to another direction. He guessed that she headed to her exchange room, started preparing herself for the performance. He knew she wanted to perform, she waited for it.

“No. Don’t change anything.” Yong Hwa answered to Jung Shin briefly, before he followed her behind.

*&^%$#@

 

Seo Hyun had just done changing her printed gold dress to her dance outfit. The black ballroom dress Yunho gave to her was something so glamourous and y she never got passed to amaze for. It revealed her fierce and brave looks, and the contrast of her milky white skin to the dress colour was brilliantly impossible. She was literally glowing.

She just zipped up half of the dress at her back when she saw a figure reflection at the mirror she stood in front of.  Her jaw dropped.

“W—what are you doing here?” Her voice sounded just one level higher than a whisper.

“I’m looking for you.” Yong Hwa answered, briefly, standing in front of the door he just closed.

She was statued, and sure her back was half-bare, and not fully covering her underwear, so she quickly turned around to face him, making Yong Hwa to look at her front other than her back. Embarassedly.

“Look,” she started, nervously, still surprised by his presence, “Thank you. Thank you for a chance you gave me to have a privat chit-chat with Mr. Wardon. It’s big way in my life. But you know, we’re still not good—“ she paused, “in this moment.”

Yong Hwa didn’t reply anything, and nonchalantly walked slowly towards her. He stopped some centimeters away from her, than still in quiete-mode, turning her around.

He zipped up the rest of her dress. And Seo Hyun was drop dead stunned.

“Here you go.” He announced relaxedly. The words Seo Hyun didn’t intend to thank to. She gulped nervously because they were too much in close distance –she could feel his breath brushing her neck skin, for God’s sake.

The mirror in front of them was like a movie screen, a moderator, an object to focus on. She dropped her eyes there, meeting Yong Hwa’s reflection. So did Yong Hwa. He saw her in reflection. He could feel the awkwardness around, but there was a split intense they never dare to skip.

“I’m sorry.”

She heard him muttering a sentence that was on her dream since long time ago, that was super hard to be escaped from Jung Yong Hwa’s sharp lips.

“I’m sorry, Seo Joo Hyun, for my misbehavior, my bad reaction, my impulse, just—all of my mistakes. Sorry. And I’m sincere, I apologize.” Yong Hwa stated, eyes locked hers at the mirror.

Finally, Jung Yong Hwa, you did it. You, Coward, you did spill this. Yong Hwa looked at her deep down through her eye balls’ reflection.

Seo Hyun swallowed, “Takes you long enough.”

“I’m sorry. I should have apologized to you earlier.”

“How hard is it? For apologizing?”

Yong Hwa flashed a lopsided smile, releasing the tense little by little, “Never been this hard. You’re the hardest. And I learned this lesson to be more patient and objective, from you. Thanks to you.”

So her corners lips lifting up, forming a reply smile. Glad to hear that, Jung Yong Hwa. Thank you for apologizing.

“Are we good now?” Yong Hwa demanded.

So she released every anger she bore in this whole time, officially. To be very honest, she couldn’t resist his sorry look, and not to mention missing him and their closeness.

She nodded, smiling. Also relieving.

Yong Hwa let out a long sigh, continued on with a relief chuckle, “Thank God. You know you really got me, Seo Joo Hyun.”

She followed him to chuckle. But just for a moment before they went silent again, staring at each other’s reflection through mirror. Letting the intense minute to pass, and enveloped them again, unintentionally.

And the smell of her perfume drove him not to step away in literal way, instead he sticked to where he stood, right behind her. No intention to break the distance. This was so hell good. The urge to touch his hair was so tempting –it was smooth and beautifully falling, womanly fragrant, nice, brownish, and silky.

But the mark on Seo Hyun’s bare arms caught his attention. To be specific, a black spot on her skin. It was a remaining mark left of past lacerated wound. He was sure. It was wound lacerated by a knife from stranger’s attack many months ago, when she protected him from being hurt while the stranger was actually aimed him.

Yong Hwa stared at the black spot on her arm for long.

It was a mute witness of her goddess kindness and bravery. Getting hurt instead of him, with weak body –he memorized all that incident, and forgetting that he was there nonetheless to do whatever he could to protect her? He remembered the time when he helped Seo Hyun to nurse this wound, when they happened to live together. And he never stopped to blame himself over this lacerated wound. How could a weak woman protecting a man with a job as karate teacher? He owed soul to her.

So he touched the mark.

And he could feel Seo Hyun startling for a second. But she didn’t attempt to drift away, to his brief surprise.

For Seo Hyun, this time was damn hellHell, to this lacerated mark that brought up their memory –ultimately, hard to erase because it stained physically. Hell, to Yong Hwa’s sudden touch on her skin. Hell, to his look on the mirror to gnaw her heart, unstoppably kicking her chest. Hell, to the silence. Hell, to her, that didn’t even dare to move an inch.

And hell, to him kissing her bare arm right on the lacerated mark right now.

And hell, to Yong Hwa’s very tender lips pressing her skin in very light and careful touch, as in the actual wound was still there, hurting and poignant.

The last hell was to her, because she hurriedly turned around and faced him, breathing shortly to the blood stream rush she didn’t know when it started.

It just needed less than two seconds for them to snatch each other’s lips, battling hungrily. Fast and hurry, unstoppable, and fully.

Yong Hwa started to grab her face to fix the position, while her arms spreaded over to encircle his neck. Their lips clashed and crushed, backing out for miniseconds, before impatiently craving for more intense touch. She moaned, opening to Yong Hwa’s tounge, letting him savoring and exploring her interior. Nibbling the taste and the countour. And she heard he groaned, starting to raise her body up. Her two legs clipped his and he walked fastly, placing her to sit on the table while the kiss continuously went to the heat.

She released the desperation, anger, and overdose self-esteem she hold, she bore over the fight into a form of passionate kiss. Two weeks fighting was worth, to make her stress. To make her unfocus and lose patient, to make her lost-self. What else? They didn’t talk, but his appearance fulfilling his head, bad and good, always. And she was tired to all of it, so she let in everything this time. To be regained. To make her feel fully again. By her physical presence, like this. Touching him was real, and everything was real.

She missed him.

And him to have her all over this kiss was inceptional. Tasting her strawberry lips never felt this good, and he crave for tasting everything. Every part of her. And every kiss he dropped on her skin was accompanied by a loosening of apologize, gratitude, and desire. Resisting his own self to be near her for two weeks were impossible, though she turned him away. And he was desperate, badly and crumbledly to her rejection. Craving her approval, he wanted her all.

He missed her.

And Yong Hwa didn’t stop, he planted a kiss to all of her face, pationately and hungry. From head to nose, then cheeks, back to lips, to chin, crawling to all part of her necks, one kiss jumped to another, smooth and tender. Her moan was his fuel to deeply drown into her. So he went down and down, aiming more, moving into her clavicule, then chest--

But. What are they?

“Wait,” Seo Hyun suddenly paused, detaching her lips from his, gulping. Her lips was swollen and skin was all red.

Yong Hwa tried to wake up, hair already messed up. “What happened?” His voice was hoarse.

Seo Hyun pushed him a little, making a space to get off from sitting on the table. “This is wrong, this is—“

Seo Hyun didn’t know how to point the sentence. Her messed up hair right now was perfectly framing her sudden confusion.

“Hey, calm, Seo Joo Hyun. Let’s—“

“Don’t play with me.” She stated, clear and dinstinct, “Don’t do this again, Jung Yong Hwa, please. I beg you.”

She had no idea why her intention to drop the words correctly were total messy. This sudden thought just attacked her, consuming all her mind in very brief time, so she couldn’t transtale it all properly.

It was simple question pounding her mind, but crucial.

What are they?

Yong Hwa stood there cluelessly and blankedly. “What are you saying?”

“You did enough. We ever played stupid games, and we ended up kissing. Then we fighted, and also ended up kissing. But you’re just there never gave me an explanation of what you’re doing. So please, stop.”

“Why? Don’t say you didn’t want this, Seo Joo Hyun. We all know you kiss me back.”

“I can’t resist you!” Seo Hyun shouted, desperatedly, “I can’t resist you at all because—“ She stopped right there. There were three words that were almost spilled out, but she gulped, swallowing it hardly. She knew Yong Hwa was waiting for her continuation, but she broke away, drifting the matters in sudden, “You know, I have a schedule to fulfil up. Right now I must prepare. So please, get out.”

Yong Hwa didn’t move. “What—“

“Oh, fine. You won’t go, then it’s me.” She grabbed some make ups and assesories then started to walk away, aiming the door.

Right after Yong Hwa caught her arms, stopping her.

She stared at him in full of protest but backing out seeing Yong Hwa’s intentional and serious look on her.

“I never played with you, Seo Joo Hyun.” He stated.

Seo Hyun’s nerves stopped working so her muscle went weak, but her chest was still there, kicking forever.

“I played stupid games with you, because I wanted it. I kissed you, because I wanted it.” Yong Hwa emphasized, eyes shot right on hers, “I want you.”

And she was in total shock, and amazed, and stunned.

There was a bunch of happiness creeping up her heart. Something that never ever made her this joyful by anyone’s statement.

She nervously replied, with unsure voice, “I should go.” She knew she just sounded like a whisper. Maybe this just one thing she had to do –she needed a moment to digest everything, to calm herself, to take in everything properly. Not this minute, at least.

Yong Hwa paused for some seconds before detaching his clutch, “Fine.” He then heaved a deep sigh, “Goodluck on your ballroom dance.”

She shoved hardly, “How did you know—“

“AH! Here you are!” Jung Shin’s higher shout suddenly fulfilled the room and broke Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun’s bound. That guy appeared from the door out of nowhere, “Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, you should come with me.”

It took Yong Hwa’s time to register his presence, “What happened?” What kind of emergency this time?

“Your brother is on the way hospital. He was in severe pain due to ankle injury—It’s swollen and red, God, it’s terrible. And he can’t even normally walk on the moment we find him. He almost lost consciousness and—“

Seo Hyun closed and agaped.

Yong Hwa’s face grew pale, “God,” Then he backed to Jung Shin, “Where did you find him?”

“At the car park behind this building.”

“Fine. Let’s go.”

“Your car is ready. Mrs. Jung was already in the car, but I guess Mr. Jung needed to be here.”

Yong Hwa took a moment to decide, “I’ll go to hospital.”

Jung Shin nodded understandingly and then disappeared from the door.

Yong Hwa turned around to face a shivering and shocked Seo Joo Hyun, “My brother’s strong, he’s going to be okay. Believe me. And I’m sorry for your performance, it should be cancelled.”

“No, please, don’t say that. Can I go with you?” Seo Hyun felt all of her body went cold and she sounded so worried.

“Stay here, Seo Joo Hyun. Lead the soundtrack launching, it’s less than an hour regarding the rundown.” He said to her, reassuringly, “It’s your chance to introduce the world your real talent. Don’t skip this. Describe everything you know of the soundtracks, I know you just know much as me. Understand?”

She took a deep breath, exhaling hard, before slowly, nodding.

“Thank you. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Please give me Yunho-ssi’s condition update, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi. I’ll be there immediately after everything’s here done.”

Yong Hwa agreed understandingly, “Sure.” Then he smiled to give her the last support before turning away, leaving her hurriedly afterwards, half-running aiming his car outside.

After Yong Hwa’s leaving, Seo Hyun stood there alone in full of prayer.

God, please help Jung Yunho-ssi. Whatever it is, please help him.

Then she quickly gathered her things to be back for the party. Before she managed to re-changed her dress to the first wore one, she checked her cellphone. There was a message, sent seventeen minutes ago.

From Yunho.

I’m sorry I’m late. Already in the building, and now heading to your exchange room.

Seo Hyun gawked and clutched her phone harder.

Oh My God.

So, Jung Yunho-ssi—Seo Hyun’s throat suddenly felt so dry. He saw us kissing--? She couldn’t describe properly how she and Yong Hwa kissed.

Then a staff suddenly appeared from the door, it was a woman from FNC unmistakenly, “Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi said I should discuss the launching process with you. Can I have a moment?”

So she swallowed, try to vanish everything and wrecked-nerves. “Sure. You have me.”

 

 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sorry for the longing, and the hell super late update. Still, thanks for visiting :) You can happily read other parts of this series too on nha13.livejournal.com :) Happy reading, folks!