Chapter 7

Blind Steps (Please Look Back)

NOTE: The Flashback that ended last chapter was the same flashback of Seulgi from Chapter 3. I just want to show the past relationship or history of Yesung and Yuri. We'll be at the present time now. Hope I didn't confuse anyone!

X-----X-----X-----X

 

Chapter 7 

 

Seulgi

 

"Seulgi-unnie, are you okay?" 

 

I snapped my head towards towards Joy who's walking with me to the next class. We will just past by the lockers so that she can drop her letter for Sehun. 

 

"Uhh, yeah I'm fine. I just remembered how Yuri-unnie and Yesung-oppa's story. And I still wonder how they survived that." We arrived at Sehun's locker and Joy quickly slip her letter inside. She sheepishly smiled at me and we quickly get out of there. " I mean, it took them years before they got their happy ending. That kind of feeling, you know? You see Yesung-oppa's face whenever Yuri-unnie is around. It's like the world fades in the background and all he sees is her. He's definitely head over heels. “We chuckled just as we the corner.”It's funny that Yuri-unnie doesn't notice. She doesn't know the effect her smile always has; it practically blinds Yesungoppa's eyes." I look over at Joy and see her face thoughtful. "Joy?"

 

 

"I just... I can't help but think that Yuri-unnie just forget what happened. She immediately become the Yuri before the accident. I didn't even hear them talked about that. And I always notice the lingering looks and touches of Yesung-oppa with Yuri-unnie. There's this...need to touch all the time. He makes sure even the tips of his fingers touch her. And have you seen that way he looks at her? I mean, really looks at her? There is this…haunted look. It's like he's afraid that she will disappear anytime. And he expects her to!" she sound frustrated. But I couldn't agree more with what she said. 

 

It's been a year since Yuri-unnie woke up and Yesung-oppa literally never left her side for more than five minutes. I sighed.

 

"I know. I see too. And I talked to Umma about it, too. She said... she said the moment Yuri-unnie opened her eyes; she became Yesung-oppa's lifeline. We know that he is in love with her before. But now, she became so much more. She told me that she watches them all the time. And she notices that Yesung-oppa will always hold unnie’s hand, or he touches her shoulder, or hug her tightly and bury his head in her neck whenever they watch T.V, or the way he gives her the smile that he reserves for her. Oh, and the not so chaste kisses. He looks so happy.” I look at Joy and smiled at her, “We should be happy for him, too. He’s not the showy type but one look at him and you will see how he loves Yuri-unnie. He knows what he did and has no plans on repeating it. Besides, they’re getting married right? We should prepare ourselves for little Yesung’s and Yuri’s.” we laughed both at that and continue walking.

 

X-----X-----X-----X

 

Kyungsoo

 

I entered the class and saw Jongin, he grinned and gestured for me to sit down on the chair beside him.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you know how to play Basketball?”

 

I shook my head, “Nope. I’m too small for it.”

 

“Then what do you do?”

 

“I read.”

 

Jongin’s reaction is funny, “Gosh, you’re worse than Sehun. You guys are smart already. Why bother to study more? I read the table of contents of the book and I’m already bored.” He pouted like a kid. Seriously?

 

“Kim Jongin, that’s why you have to---“

 

“KYUNGSOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

 

I closed my eyes on that voice. God, it’s not even two weeks yet. Jongin frowned in confusion. There she is, Joy, running with a friend in tow. Who is this now?

 

Joy grinned at me, “Kyungsoo-ah! I want you to meet my friend.” Then she turned around and held the hand of the girl behind her. She pulled her in the front. The friend looks embarrassed. For obvious reasons, of course. But she smiled timidly and held out her hand, “Hi, I’m Kang Seulgi.”

 

“Kang Seulgi?!”

 

We all snapped our heads when Jongin shouted. It attracted the attention of our classmates. Including Sehun.

 

I almost forgot he’s here.

 

Said Kang Seulgi is confused at first while looking at Jongin. But recognition slowly made its way to her face. She smiled widely.

 

“You’re the guy from last night! Are you okay? Did you sleep well? Did my mom feed you? I told her to. Why are you here? Don’t you have-“

 

“WHAT?! OH MY GOSH DID SOMETHING HAPPENED? WHY DO YOU KNOW JONGIN?! AND WHY THE HELL IS HE AT YOUR HOUSE?! AND WORSE, YOUR MOM SAW HIM? IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT KANG SEULGI?!” Joy literally shouted. All of us were shock. Then Seulgi’s face become red when she noticed the whole class is now looking at them and listening to their conversation.

 

“I don’t know him, Sooyoung. So please, save from further embarrassment.” Seulgi hissed at her. Joy was shock and look around her. And she had the decency to look ashamed.

 

“Mianhe, unnie.”

 

She smiled at Jongin then and held out her hand for a handshake, “I’m Kang Seulgi. Jongin must be your name because I didn’t get that last night. Hello.”

 

Jongin looks like in a state of shock. If I didn’t know any better, I would say dazed. And Seulgi became hesitant as she started to retreat her hand. But Jongin quickly grab it and shook it and smiled wider than necessary.

 

“Nice to meet you, Jongin.”

 

Then Seulgi started heading towards a vacant seat. Joy followed but hesitated when she saw that the only vacant seat is beside Sehun. Do I even want to know?

 

But she put up smile and continued towards the seat and smile broadly at Sehun.

 

“Annyeong oppa!” she said and waved at him. Sehun’s face remained passive and Joy awkwardly put down her hand to her lap. I can’t help but feel a bit mad. Joy clearly likes this Sehun and he doesn’t give a hell about it. Even for a short time, I’ve known Joy to be ray sunshine, always a happy kid. And seeing someone ignoring the attention she’s giving, I feel the need to protect her from those kinds of people. Joy deserves more and I don’t look forward on the day the ray of sunshine dies.  

 

And before the class starts, I just notice that Joy’s smiles weren’t reaching her eyes.

 

X-----X-----X----X

Seulgi

 

The class ended and Joy told me to she needs to go the office so she will be late for lunch. As I’m walking towards the pantry when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I spun around and there is the guy from last night; Jongin. He’s smiling at me.

 

“I didn’t get to thank you last night. About what you did. So, thank you.” If I thought that he is handsome last night while sleeping, he’s fascinating when he’s smiling.

 

I shook my hands in front of me, “No, no. It’s nothing really. I helped you because you clearly need one. You passed out last night and I need to get you inside the house because you’ll get sick. Are you okay now?”

 

“Yeah, I woke up with bit of headache but your mom’s cooking made up with it.” He’s still smiling and I can’t help but blush. And to my luck, he noticed that too. I blushed harder.

 

He awkwardly scratches his neck and look at me, “I want to thank you properly. Are you free this weekend? I’ll treat you to lunch.”

 

“Like a date?” his eyes widened. Oh geez, did I say that out loud?

 

“Yes, you did.” He chuckled. Seriously, that too?

 

Then he laughed loudly and looked at me again, “You’re fun.” Then he laughed again.

 

I can feel the embarrassment deep in my bones, “I’m sorry. I tend to ramble when I’m nervous.”

 

He smiled at me again. Can he please stop? My poor heart can only take so much.

 

“It’s okay. You look adorable.”

 

I don’t know how to respond to that.

 

He chuckled again and began to walk away. But when he was a few feet away from me, he turned around with a big grin.

 

“So it’s a date then? Saturday, I’ll pick you up at 4 pm.”

 

Oh please help me.