Chapter 2

Blind Steps (Please Look Back)

 

Chapter 2

 

Joy

 

I looked side to side to check if anyone is looking. With slow steps, I walked into his locker and slip my letter. I stand there for a while, feeling the silence. It's been a long time I've been doing this, years in fact. Being Oh Sehun's secret admirer. With a heavy sigh, I decided to leave the place anyone else find out. While walking,I remembered Seungwan unnie's thought about this habit of mine.

 

Flashback

 

Inside the cafeteria, while waiting for Seulgi unnie and Irene unnie, I'm writing the letter that I will send to Sehun oppa today. Secretly, of course. In the midst of my writing, Seungwan unnie decided to talk to me.

 

"Sooyoungie, for how long do you plan to do this? I mean, sending letters to Sehun-ssi everyday. Aren't you getting tired? He's not even noticing you for a little bit. You're hiding between two different personalities. The one following him everyday and the one who's in the letters. Don't you see? He hates you. Loathe you, even. He already said that you stop following him, right? Sooyoungie, you're hurting everyday because of him. When will you stop? Doing this for years is no joke. You're in love, I know. But don't you think that it's high time that you introduce yourself to him and finally stop doing those things? . I don't want to see you crying everyday because of him. Find someone who will aprreciate you for who you are. Not because you're academically excellent."  she's looking at me with worrying eyes. I looked at her and pursed my lips while looking down on my letter.

 

"Maybe it's easy for you to say that, unnie. Because the guy you like likes you, too. Jongdae-ssi and you are both very good in singing. Both are popular and good-looking, too. He practicaly yells that he likes you everywhere. Me and Sehun? We are way different. He doesn't even look in my direction. He doesn't talk in class with anybody. Not unless it's regarding the lesson and his friends. Much less with girls. I'm not that smart. Not the best one on academics. I at math. Not like him. He will never notice someone like... me. But I'm still doing my best. He doesn't know that the girl who is annoying him everyday is also the one sending letters. I'll do this till my heart stops beating."  I finally looked up at Seungwan unnie and smiled a little, " So please, don't force me to confess to him. I will, but not now. I still don't have that much courage to do that."

 

Seungwan unnie held my hands and smiled widely, " Okay, I will support whatever your decision is, Sooyoungie. Just be happy."

 

End of Flashback

 

I didn't notice that I'm in front of my classroom now. I've been spacing out a lot these past few days. It's not healthy.

 

When I enter the classroom and settled down. I decided to take a peek on Sehun. But when I looked at him...

 

He's looking back at me. No, staring. Like he's trying to find out something from me. Omo, does he know? I heard from his friends that he's not fond of secret admirers. I noticed that he's still staring at me and it's getting uncomfortable. But I can't take my eyes off him. Wae?

 

The noise from our classmates and the clearing of our professor's throat is what woke me up from Sehun's gaze. This is the first that I will thank my professor for that. I looked at him and notice that he's holding some papers.

 

"Class, we have a transferee today. He's supposed to be a second year student but because of the lack of requirements, they decided to place him in this class." he looked at the door and motion to someone to enter the room. A small guy enter the room and walked to the front. He looked at us and shyly smile, " Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo. Please take care of me and I hope we can friends."

 

Do Kyungsoo?

 

 

 

Kyungsoo

 

"You can take the seat beside Sooyoung." the professor told me. I look at the class and saw a girl rasing her hand. Maybe she's Sooyoung. I walk towards her and smiled, "You're Sooyoung?"

 

She nodded, " It's nice to meet you Do Kyungsoo. I'm Park Sooyoung but if we get closer, you know, like bestfriends, you can call me Joy. Take your seat."  I laughed at what she said. She's quite a talker isn't she? I will have a good time being friends with her.

 

I took my seat and tried to listen to the lesson. As time goes by, I felt that there is someone looking at my direction. I turned my head and saw a guy staring at me. Blank but dark stare. His face is blank but I think he's mad. I can feel it. But why?

 

Who is he?

 

After the class, Sooyoung and I seperated because we're not classmates on the next subject. While waiting in my next class, I noticed the same guy that is staring at me a while ago is here in my next class, too. Is his blank face his normal face?

 

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw a guy smiling at me. Eh?

 

"Hi. You're the transferee they're talking about? I'm Kim Jongin. Hang out with us, it will be cool. My friends will like you. Have your luch with us. It's exciting, you know. Having a new brother. We'll be bestfriends." he smiled widely. Somehow, he reminds me of Sooyoung, they're both talkers, obviously. And they both told me that we will be bestfriends. What a coincidence. I'm gonna meet both of their friends soon. I'm glad I'll have good friends in this school. It's gotta be fun, eh?

 

"I already talked a lot here and I don't even know your name. You are? ..." Jongin asked.

 

This is the nth time I'm gonna introduce myself again. I held out my hand and said,

 

 

"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. It's nice to meet you, Jongin."