Practice, More Practice... and Sushi?

We're A Sub-Unit Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next two weeks basically consisted of Seulgi going to JYP to meet Jaebum and Jaebum going to SM to meet Seulgi for practice. Seulgi felt exhausted as she's also recording and filming for SM Station with Wendy and Joy.

It's a Sunday evening and Seulgi enters JYP's practice room and immediately sits on the bench right beside, allowing her body to slowly slip and slide off the bench before she sits on the floor with a pout. "What's going on?" Jaebum laughs as he walks over her. Yeah sure, it was awkward at the start of that two weeks after the first practice with the 1Million Dance studio choreographers because of that incident but everything is okay now and the two definitely got a lot closer.

"I'm sooo exhausted!" Seulgi whines as she now drops herself to the ground and lies flat. Jaebum squats beside her and jabs her stomach. "YAH!" She shouted and sits back up, hugging her stomach protectively. "Go away!" She adds. Jaebum laughs at her some more. "Nice abs." He comments and Seulgi glares at him. "ert." She says and lies back down on the floor.

"You can rest for awhile before we practice." Jaebum says and stands up, walking away. "You're not going to go all Leader Im on me and force me to practice?" Seulgi says as she looks up at the ceiling before turning to look at the guy. "Nope." the GOT7 leader says as he plops himself down in the computer chair and log in to the computer. Seulgi sits up on the floor and leans against the bench, looking at him. "Really?" She asks as she watches the guy click away on the computer. "Yeah. You're not a GOT7 member anyway." He replies. "Tsk," Seulgi stands up and walks over to him, "But between the both of us you're technically the leader." She squats down beside him, putting her chin on the computer table. Jaebum looks down at her from his chair. "Yeah? And who's the main dancer then?" He asks. "Me." Seulgi replies immediately. Jaebum looks away laughing.

"Main vocalist?" He asks.

"Me." Seulgi replies again.

"Visual?"

"Also me."

"Yah so I'm the leader and you're everything else?"

"Well you could be the lead dancer, lead vocalist and second visual." Seulgi replies cheekily.

Jaebum flicks her forehead playfully and Seulgi frowns. "Okay then let's practice." He gets up from his seat and walks to the center of the room, stretching his arms. "Nooooo~" Seulgi drops to the ground again and rolls on the floor, whining. "I'm the leader so get up, Kang." Jaebum says, crossing his arms and being the usual stern GOT7 leader he is. "Noooooooooooo~" Seulgi whines some more, "Seulgi don't want~!" "Well, leader Jaebum wants so move over here!" "No!" "Yes!" "No." "Yes." "Nooo~" "I'll buy you sushi." "Okay! Deal!"

"Seriously..." Jaebum shakes his head with a smile as the girl now happily bounces over to him. "Member Seulgi reporting for practice!" She says with a bow and then lowers her voice and adds, "Please don't forget about our sushi deal." "Okay, okay, I got it." He says and pats her head, walking over to start the music.

They practice their their 'Been Around The World' cover as well as dancing and singing to their own debut song for the next few hours (while playfully jabbing at each other every now and then). "The sushi deal..." Seulgi whispers sort-of-creepily after they finished practicing their song for the last time that day (or night, since its about almost 11pm already). Jaebum walks to stop the music that was put on replay and shuts down the computer. He turns to see an excited Seulgi with her black snapback on, her Jansport bag on and holding her wallet at him like a cute rabbit. "Sushi." Seulgi says. Jaebum laughs and walks over to grab his things too. "Do you not want to use the shower first? You always use it first before we leave." Jaebum says, grabbing a pair of keys. Those are the keys to his locker. He keeps extra clothes there and a bunch of other stuff. Seulgi left a few random clean tops and bottoms with him in his locker so she doesn't have to bring extra everytime she goes to JYP and only once every few times to put more clothes back in after wearing the previous ones out. Jaebum has some of his in her locker too over at SM. Seulgi thinks for awhile. "Okay I'll go bathe I feel really sticky and I think I smell like trash. But you're not leaving me here and going for sushi alone okay!" Jaebum laughs again for the nth time and nods his head.

The two go over to the lockers and ran into Momo and Dahyun whom Seulgi greets politely with a smile. "Do you know the members?" Jaebum asks her as he passes Seulgi the drawstring bag she had inside his locker. "Sort of?" Seulgi replies as she pulls out a grey top and denim shorts from the bag, "I've met them before. Did a few show appearances with them... I talk to Dahyunnie a bit more than the others though." "Oh I see. No wonder Dahyun looked excited to see you."

About half an hour later, the duo stepped out of JYP into the chilly night, refreshed after bathing. "I love dance practices not only because it's fun but also because of the baths I take right after, it feels so good." Seulgi says before pulling up her mask. Even though his mask covered half his face, Seulgi knows he's smiling at her because of his eyes. That eyesmile. "Pretty eyesmile." She says and reaches out to his eyes. Jaebum dodges. "ert." Jaebum says, imitating the way Seulgi had said hours ago. She rolls her eyes. "Who would want to be ert for you?" Seulgi jokes, her hands in the pockets of her hoodie as the two walk side by side along the pavement. "Well, ask my IGOT7s." Jaebum says and even though it was dark, Seulgi could see him beaming proudly. His fans mean alot to him and she would always hear him share just how thankful and proud he is of his IGOT7s. ("They're mine." He would always tell her.) "Well, but I'm not an IGOT7." Seulgi replies jokingly. "Suit yourself," Jaebum replies, "You're missing out." Seulgi who was busily glaring and making faces at Jaebum walks straight into a lamp post. Jaebum laughs loudly.

"YAH!" Seulgi says, pulling her mask down as she rubs her forehead, his obnoxious laughter ringing in her ears. "Don't be a jerk." She continues as the guy continues to laugh at her. "It hurts." Seulgi says, her voice lowering a little and Jaebum stops laughing immediately. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah." She says. "Let me see." He says and holds her wrist, pulling it away from her face so he can take a good look at her. The light from the lamp post shine brightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter