Let's Talk

We're A Sub-Unit Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wah good afternoon Jaebum-ya, how are you?" the ahjumma at the JYP cafeteria greets Jaebum warmly the moment they reached the counter. Jaebum smiles back at her and replies, "Ah good afternoon, I'm okay, just dropped by to check in on the boys just now. How are you too?" Seulgi stands diagonally behind Jaebum, watching them talk silently. "I'm doing good too. It's my granddaughter's 6th birthday tomorrow. And - Oh! Who is this pretty girl here?" The ahjumma replies and then notices Seulgi standing there. Jaebum turns a little and notices Seulgi standing slightly behind and pulls her a little forward by her wrist, surprising Seulgi by the sudden touch.

I should get used to his touch though, Seulgi thought and bows a little at the ahjumma. "Your girlfriend?" The ahjumma asks Jaebum, a little shocked at first but then she smiles and continues, "Oh yeah, I forgot, your dating prohibition is over. My, she's pretty. You two look good together." Flustered, Jaebum quickly replies, "A-ani, she's not my girlfriend." He laughs awkwardly before going on, "This is Red Velvet's Kang Seulgi." Also a little flustered, Seulgi quickly introduces herself, "N-nde... Hello!" She takes a step back and bows before stepping forward again, saying, "I'm Red Velvet's member, Kang Seulgi. Please take good care of me~!" She smiles at the ahjumma behind the counter.

"Oh? Red Velvet is it? Ah Red Velvet... The boys like you girls a lot! Haha... Very popular girl group! My granddaughter is a fan too, that little cutie. What are you doing here anyway?" The ahjumma smiles kindly at her. Seulgi replies, clasping her hands together happily, "Oh thank you so much! There's a collaboration that I'll be in with Jaebum here, like a sub-unit, so I came here for the meeting. Oh and I heard you mention about your granddaughter's birthday tomorrow, do you mind if I send her a birthday video message?" The ahjumma's face lights up and she gasps, "Oh my! Could you do that? She'll be so happy!" "Sure!"

Turning to face Jaebum, Seulgi asks, "Do you mind if you wait for me a little?" Jaebum nods and points at a nearby table, "I'll sit there and wait for you." Seulgi smiles and grins, giving him an 'okay' sign before rushing over to the brick wall next to the counter where the ahjumma is waiting for her with her phone. Jaebum watches her with a smile.

"What's your granddaughter's name?" Seulgi asks and the ahjumma replies, "Minah." Seulgi nods and stands against the wall, preparing to give a video message. The ahjumma holds up her phone and gives her an 'okay' sign, saying that she started recording.

"Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to our cutie Minah~ Happy Birthday to you!" Seulgi starts off the message by singing the birthday song. She claps excitedly, her face full of smiles. She then gives a little bow and continues, "Happiness! Annyeonghaseyo Red Velvet Seulgi imnida! Uwahh you're already 6 years old!" Seulgi cheers happily and claps. "Really really thankful that you like Red Velvet, have a good day and grow up prettily! I really want to meet you one day so grow up well, be a good girl and come look for eonnie okay!"

"She likes 'Ice Cream Cake' alot." The ahjumma says from behind the camera and Seulgi laughs.

"Is it? You like 'Ice Cream Cake' as in the cake or 'Ice Cream Cake' as in the song?" Seulgi teases jokingly and laughs, "Heheh arraso arraso~ Seulgi eonnie will sing and dance a little of 'Ice Cream Cake' for you!" Jaebum watches from the tables and smiles. 

She's good with kids, He thought and then his mind wondered a little off track. Yah! Im Jaebum! What are you thinking right now?! You're not having kids with her! Wait - Oh my gawd I thought about it again. Ughhhhhhh.

Imaginary lightbulb appears on Seulgi's head and she's got an idea. She sings, "Minah's birthday, sing to her 'Ice Cream Cake'~ taeukbyeolhajin oneure oulineun maseuro~ (with a flavour that fits this special day~)" She finishes and clasps her hands together, laughing. Jaebum laughs from his table as well, making Seulgi pout. "Minah-ya! Look at that guy over there! GOT7's Jaebum! He's laughing at me~ Eotteoke~?!" She jokes and points towards him, the ahjumma laughs and turns around to film Jaebum as well. Surprised at first, Jaebum smiles and waves at the camera. The ahjumma turns back to film Seulgi.

Seulgi continues, "But it's okay!" She laughs and finishes the message, "Happy Birthday!! Bye!!" She sends one last flying kiss and makes a heart with her arms. The ahjumma stops recording and thanks her, "Ah thank you so much Seulgi-ssi, I'm sure my granddaughter will be very happy!" Jaebum watches Seulgi bounce up and down happily like a child, pretty eyesmile making its appearance again. "You're welcome! I had fun too!" Seulgi beams at the ahjumma who pulls her in for a hug.

"Jaebum-ya come over!" The ahjumma calls out for Jaebum as she returns behind the counter and he comes over. The ahjumma continues, "Seulgi is a nice girl~" Seulgi smiles at the ahjumma again and this made Jaebum a little flustered. "A-ah... H-haha, yes..." Jaebum stammers before turning to face Seulgi. He notices she's blushing a little (so cute) and he asks, "What do you want to eat? My treat." "What are you getting?" She asks.

"Well, er, I'm probably gonna get the kimchi stir fry noodles. It's nice and oh, you can try the kimchi fried rice. That's the first thing I had when I came to JYP." Jaebum says pointing at the simple menu on the counter.

"So I should probably get the kimchi fried rice too since it's my first time in JYP and that'll make it the first thing I had too, won't it?" She tells him and then lowers her head a little, feeling a little shy for what she said. Ahhhhh that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter