Chapter 8

❣ Amnesia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was leaving today and you had no idea when he would come back. It had been a total week since your date and since you had said those harsh words to him. You were happy to see that he had gone back to work and that he had moved on with his life. It hurt you more than you had thought to see his face on tv and to hear his voice on the radio, but you had accepted the fact that from now on you would have to live like that. It was for the best and you had done the right thing. Because another week had passed and still you hadn’t gained one memory about him, nothing, not even a single one. This proved to you once again that you had made the right decision and that you had done the right thing. There was no hope for the two of you, the only thing you could do was move on with your lives and try to find someone else you loved. But you knew there would never be anyone who would be able to replace Baekhyun. 

 

 

Even though you didn’t remember him, each day you were reminded of how much of an impact he had had in your life before you accident. There were so many picture frames in the house with pictures of the two of you, but you hadn’t found the strength to remove them yet. Someday you would, but for now they looked great where they were. EXO was leaving for a tour tonight, they were going to perform through Asia, and you were so proud of them. Maybe Baekhyun would be this busy that he would forget about you and all of this would get much more bearable for him. At least that was what you hoped for. You hoped that he had an easier time getting over you than you had to get over him. You sighed deeply as you turned around in your bed, and decided to give up. You couldn’t fall back asleep, you had been mulling this much all morning that you wouldn’t be able to find peace again. Each time you thought about him you could feel your heart losing for him that much that it hurt. And that made it impossible for you not to think of him which made it impossible for you not to hurt. 

 

 

Maybe there would be a day that the two of you could be friends, or that everything would be okay again. Eventually your heartache would disappear, and maybe your feelings for him would as well. But no matter how hard you tried to shut them out right now, you couldn’t stop longing for him. You missed him so much and each time you would wonder if he would be missing you too. Would he still be thinking about you or would he be too busy with his work to even remember your name? It was unbelievable to think that at the end of the day, he would be so far away from you, in a different country, completely out of your reach. How would he tell his fans that you two had broken up? Would he tell them the truth about what had happened or would he say that the relationship just hadn’t been working anymore? Well, no matter what he would tell, you were sure you would figure it out sooner or later. You just hoped that people would leave you alone, because you weren’t ready to talk about tit yet. You weren’t sure if you would even want to talk about it. 

 

 

There was no way you could stay in his bed any longer, you needed to get your thoughts in order and that wasn’t something you could do if you just kept on lying here. You needed some movement, you needed to get your mind off of this because one way or another you would have to learn how to live with it. It was your fault that you weren’t together anymore and you would have to take responsibility for it. It wasn’t fair of you to believe that you were the one that was suffering the most, because you were quite sure that person wasn’t you, but Baekhyun. You sighed deeply before throwing the blankets off of you and sitting up straight in your bed. As you looked around inside of your room you noticed that it needed to be cleaned up, it was a real mess in here. But you hadn’t been living here in so long because till only a few weeks ago you had been living together with Baekhyun… Most of your stuff was probably still in that apartment, but you didn’t have the courage the show up on his doorstep and to ask it back. 

 

 

When you walked out of the bed and towards your clothing closet you wondered what kind of clothing fitted best with your mood today, and you decided that black probably worked best. But as you pulled open the closet your eyes weren’t looking at your clothes. There was something else that was asking for your attention, something you hadn’t noticed before, until now. You didn’t understand why you had never seen it before, it was clearly in sight and it didn’t belong in a normal person’s closet. It was a black shoebox, neatly put on the top shelf, but you couldn’t remember what was in there. You tilted your head to the side and frowned, trying to dig into your brain in the hope to remember what was inside of it, but there was nothing but darkness as you thought about that. You shook your head and for a second you thought about closing the closet without looking what was inside of that box. But the longer you stared at it, the more curious you became to know what was in it. So you stood on the tips of your toes and reached for it. 

 

 

But you were too small, you couldn’t grab it. You frowned, not understand how you had been able to get it up there if you weren’t able to reach it now, had you become smaller? Instead of giving up you tried again, a little too rough this time. Because of your fast motions the box shoved off of the shelf and fell on the ground. You gasped as you heard the loud smack on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter