Chapter 2

❣ Amnesia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The nights were long and hazy, he could barely remember anything he had been doing the past couple of days. He was living in a nightmare, and he couldn’t escape from it, nog matter how hard he tried. His nights were sleepless, his ongoing worrying keeping him awake during the nights. He felt completely locked out from the outside world, the only thing he had seen the past few days were the same white walls. The only people he had talked to had been his friends, who came to look after him from time to time, your mother, who made sure he’d keep on taking care of himself and who made sure to give him every update on what was happening in your room and the doctor. The man never had anything new to say, the only thing that happened was that each time he left, he felt more powerless. The only thing he could do was sit there and wait, he couldn’t do anything to help you, no matter how hard he wanted to. 

 

 

Surely but slowly he was loosing his mind, going crazy as everyone kept on telling him that everything was going to be okay and that he had to keep his hopes up, that he had to man up. But the only things going on in his mind right now was how badly he wanted to be with you right now, sit beside your bed, hold your hand, talk to you. But each time your mom would come to him and he’d look up at her with those hopeful eyes, she’s send him an apologetic look and would shake her head. They wouldn’t let him in, because he wasn’t a part of your family. He felt like family though, so it was hard for him to understand that he couldn’t be with you. His back and hurt from sitting on those uncomfortable, plastic chairs for hours and hours and he could feel himself getting sleepy. He was bored all the time, but not once did it pass his mind to leave. 

 

 

“Here, you look like you could use it.” When he looked up his eyes met a very familiar pair and for a second he had to get a grip on himself again, so he could lift his hand and take the cup out of his hand. “Thanks.” Baekhyun said and watched how the man sat down beside him, making himself as comfortable as possible. He had never seen it before, maybe because he had never put any effort to see it, but you and your father looked a lot like each other. You had his eyes, when he looked at him it was almost as if he was directly looking at you instead. “I know it’s hard for you kid. But you should know that I’ll never forget this. I don’t understand that you can sleep on these chairs…” He moved around a little bit, feeling how hard they were and Baekhyun was able to push out a little smile. It felt nice to be talking about something ridiculous as chairs again. He shrugged his shoulders while staring at the dark liquid in his cup, knowing this would keep him awake for a couple more hours. “I love your daughter sur, I’d do much more for her than you’d be able to believe.” 

 

 

The two man both didn’t know what to say afterwards so they both decided to stay silent, and for the first time in days it felt like a good silence. He didn’t have the feeling that he had to fill it up with saying something stupid, he could just let this silence go on. “Thank you son.” Your father then said with a small smile and he patted his shoulder before standing up and walking back to your room. When he had almost reached the door he turned around and shot him a look he couldn’t understand. “Seems like _________ (the name of your mom) has left to do some groceries, and now you ask, I’m kind of hungry. The thing is, I don’t want _________-ah to be alone…” Baekhyun blinked his eyes for a few times but then smiled politely at your father, appreciating what he was trying to do. “I can’t go in though, family only.” Your father sniffed before walking back over to him and searching for the cafeteria. “What they don’t know won’t hurt them right? Her mom will be back in half an hour, make sure though you’re out before she comes back.” 

 

 

And then he just left, not saying anything else and leaving the choice in his hands. For days he had been sitting here, waiting for the moment that he could finally be with you and could see you and now that he could, he couldn’t find himself moving towards the door of your room. He knew that it was against the rules and that he wasn’t allowed in, and somehow it stopped him. What if someone would caught him, a nurse or the doctor? His whole body started twinkling now that he knew that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter