Two

The boyfriend switch

 

Baekhyun pouts at Kai, “It’s been two days. Hasn’t Tae given Jongin an answer?”

 

Kai clutches his heart from the act of offense. “Do you wanna get rid of me that much, baby?”

 

“It isn’t like you’re desperate to keep me either anyway,” Baekhyun mercilessly shoots daggers, crossing his arms over his chest as he sighs. “But really, I wonder how things would be after that one day.”

 

“Things go back to normal, of course,” Kai sits up on the bed and extends a hand, reaching out to smooth Baekhyun’s hair down from the back. “And right now, you’re still mine. I’m not thinking about anyone and that, I can swear.”

 

Baekhyun snickers. “Then I can’t wait for you to forget all about me when you leave for Taemin. Ah, right, and him the way you finally can instead of fantasizing about it all the damn time.”

 

“Hey, I don’t fantasize about anyone but you,” Kai furrows his brows, and Baekhyun knows it’s semi true, only because Kai watches sometimes for the sake of it. That’s not fantasizing about Baekhyun only, and it’s evident but it’s fine since Baekhyun actually does that too. Then again... which normal person doesn’t do that though? “On the bright side, Jongin’s gonna be my replacement. We have the same face and everything, you can treat him the way you treat me.”

 

“He doesn’t have those piercings I can nibble on,” Baekhyun pouts. Why exactly is Baekhyun always so clingy over things like this? There's nothing much he can tell, really, about how much he loves Kai’s piercings. “His hair isn’t pink.”

 

That’s... kind of their only difference. Apart from the fact that Jongin’s not a delinquent—like Kai.

 

“But don’t you forget,” Kai leans down just to give their lips a little friction. “Jongin’s also a player and we’re not the only ones in this game, babe.”

 

“Taemin used to be, right?” Baekhyun curiously tilts his head. “I think he’s not going to say yes to this.”

 

Kai opens his mouth to answer but the sleepy version of his voice interjects, beating him to a response from the side of their room. “Hi, guys. Morning. Please stop ing talking or at least shut your ing door, you horrible, loud people.”

 

“We weren’t even talking that loudly, who got your in a twist?” Kai sneers, and Baekhyun only sends Jongin a bright smile that he manages to receive a tiny smirk in return. Jongin’s evidently adorable... and hot, simultaneously for his own good. Just like Kai, and the older male heaves a quiet sigh. “So, has Taemin said anything?”

 

“Oh, yeah, was gonna get to that,” Jongin stretches his arms above his head and his shirt rides up slightly, exposing his half of his V line. Baekhyun’s always known that Jongin’s hot as hell but right now, he thinks he’s undeniably irresistible. With that tousled hair, God, Baekhyun’s going to hell for thinking about this with his boyfriend just next to him.

 

Either way, he plays it cool and presses back onto Kai’s bed, making himself comfortable.

 

“So, he says, only twelve hours. So the other twelve we could go back to our own partners.”

 

“Destroyed half the fun but better than nothing,” Kai shrugs his shoulders and and swings his arms to hook them around Baekhyun’s petite frame. “What do you think, baby?”

 

“So, when’s that day?”

 

“It’s ten in the morning right now.... how about beginning at eleven tomorrow?” Jongin suggests, eyes fleeting past Baekhyun’s to get to Kai’s. “I wanna spend time with Taemin before you do.”

 

Kai clicks his tongue and then plants a big fat kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek without a single hint of hesitation, of course. Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “And I wanna spend time with my baby before you get to do it, too.”

 

Jongin snorts but he’s smiling when his gaze travels back to Baekhyun, and he gives a small wave. “Take care, you two. I won’t be home today. My assignment has been submitted and I’m meeting Taemin at twelve so have fun and don’t hold back tonight!”

 

He spins around and walks out of the room, and that’s when Kai blows his lips out and yells to a now empty doorway, “Never needed your permission in the first place! Mom and dad won't even be home ‘til Christmas!”

 

Sometimes Baekhyun thinks Kai is more mature than Jongin but as usual, the truth is, despite being the younger twin by just 3 minutes, Jongin’s the one at a higher maturity level. Baekhyun squishes Kai's face between his palms and inches closer to peck his forehead. “You big teddy bear.”

 

“Nah, I’m the hot, handsome puppy. Jongin’s the cuddly teddy bear, for being clean from piercings and tattoos,” Kai stifles an adorable laugh as he puckers his lips, silently asking for a kiss which Baekhyun complies and gives.

 

“Nah. You’re just another boy.”

 

“Ouch.”