Four

The boyfriend switch

 

A gentle tap on the shoulder is all it takes for Jongin to snap out of his wandering thoughts about Baekhyun and why he was crying. It’s a little bit of a pleasant surprise to know that, as he looks up to connect their gazes together, the broad smile he faces playing on Baekhyun’s mouth completely contradicts the face he saw just maybe an hour ago.

 

Things aren’t awkward—at least not yet, because Jongin still isn’t quite sure Baekhyun looks ready to talk about what happened and Jongin doesn’t even want to nudge the matter in fear of causing more tears, so he simply focuses on making Baekhyun feel better and like he’s the actual boyfriend of his. He thinks he’s doing a good job, though; at least better than Kai at any day, for at consoling crying people.

 

“You’ve...” Baekhyun breaks away the thread linking from one’s eyes to the other. He twirls the straw between his fingers and somehow, it seems like he’s endearingly shy. “Been staring at me for a long time, you know.”

 

“Really? I didn’t notice that,” Jongin blinks. He’s completely aware though, but it just doesn’t feel like he’s been staring considering his invasive, dominating thoughts have been preoccupying him. “Besides, you’re totally starable.”

 

“There’s no such word,” Baekhyun slides his eyes up into narrow crescents and pulls a tight smile, but Jongin’s instincts know better than to make another horrible attempt. Somehow it feels abnormal—like they’re a little awkward now at this point, unlike the usual normalcy that lingers in the atmosphere around them. “Thanks... for this.”

 

“No problem, Baek,” Jongin’s genuine about that. Now... how is he going to ease things between them like they’re an actual couple? “We can go shopping and then to the newly opened arcade on the forth level— I know it makes you feel better when you’re doing what you enjoy.”

 

“, wait,” Baekhyun’s palms are patting over the places of his body where his outfit has got pockets when he blurts that out, back straightened as Jongin’s eyes follow Baekhyun’s hand down to the back pocket of his jeans. He swallows, kind of thickly. “I didn’t bring my credit card, let’s just go ahead to the—”

 

“I got this,” Jongin grins, hand slipping into his own pocket and then raised in the air with his own clasped between his index and middle fingers. “Boyfriends, right?”

 

Baekhyun visibly blushes at the title and Jongin doesn’t contain the smirk that slips onto his face upon realization. It’s nice knowing that they’re currently both considered an ‘item’ thanks to Kai, and it’s also fantastic knowing he’s able to treat Baekhyun specially the way he never has before.

 

And maybe do stuff to him like make him moan on his mouth or something. He’s curious, about how things are going to move for the rest of the day and tomorrow… especially after everything’s over.

 

Jongin’s going to catch feelings in just these few hours, he knows, but he isn’t going to stop himself and that’s what making him flustered. He’s absolutely certain he isn’t going to even try and he’s been wondering how he’ll keep up with the act of being normal once it all ends. Hell, it might not even be anywhere near possible.

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Huh?” The mentioned male blinks up at Baekhyun who has now risen from his seat, almost towering over the table just to check if Jongin’s on earth. But no he’s not, he’s currently in heaven.  Jongin gets on his feet, too. “So, shopping?”

 

“If there’s anything nice,”Baekhyun mumbles softly.

 

Baekhyun seems different today; it’s conspicuous but indistinct. Something’s out of place but Jongin just can’t quite put a finger on it thus as for now, he pushes it aside and decides to silently investigate with his thoughts later on. “You alright?”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun grins brightly, cheeks stretched hard enough for his dimple to show but Jongin knows better because his smile doesn’t reach his eyes at all.

 

“Hey, Baek?” Jongin asks casually after a moment of silence while walking towards the escalator. He remains silent until Baekhyun’s attention returns to him from the action figure shop they passed by, and he hears a hum in response. “How do you like to be touched?”

 

Baekhyun sputters, “What?”

 

“Exactly what I asked.”

 

Jongin’s finally caught on. Baekhyun’s vulnerable right now, his confidence is at the level 0 and Jongin still doesn’t know why but he’s got a feeling, that Kai has a part to play in this of course. Kai would never lay a hand on someone he loves… he’s never even laid a finger on Jongin, but when it comes to emotions and other aspects of himself in a relationship, things get kind of complicated.

 

Jongin, as his own twin, should know the best.

 

“I-I, refuse to answer?” Baekhyun’s voice gets higher pitched after every word and Jongin lets out a laugh as his own arm instinctively encircles the shorter male’s waist in a firm, and comfortable grip. “Jongin, you need to shut up for once.”

 

“Nah,” everything comes naturally, each movement and each word said, Jongin doesn’t even have to think about it and he isn’t thinking about anything else before he’s leaning in to press a little kiss on Baekhyun’s temple. “I like my mouth open and moving, thanks.”

 

“If only…” Baekhyun mutters under his breath.

 

“If only?” Jongin prompts.

 

“…nothing,” Baekhyun shrugs, evidently mindlessly sliding his hand into the back pocket of Jongin’s jeans. He’s seen Kai do that to Baekhyun, but for some reason, he’s never seen Baekhyun return the move but Jongin doesn’t mind. He only pulls Baekhyun closer, if anything. “Anyway, right now I really just wanna have a go on Dance Dance Revolution.”

 

Jongin almost replies with something else, until he notices Baekhyun staring up at him a little shyly and he beams down at the older male. “Anything you want, baby.”

 

 They haven’t even gotten to the clothing level though, but Jongin isn’t about to shoot that question again because it isn’t the first time Baekhyun’s mentioned about going to the arcade. Maybe tomorrow, yeah, they’ll go to the shopping district or something but as for now, they’re going to the arcade.

 

“Quit sweet talking,” Baekhyun grumbles, pounding a fist lightly against Jongin’s chest as a warning that serves as nothing dangerous but instead, adorable. “Stop looking at me, Jongin.”

 

“You know we’ll have fun, right?” Jongin chooses to ignore with another topic, gaze returning to the front as they quickly approach the longest escalator in the mall, heading for the forth level.

 

Baekhyun is silent for a while, almost like he’s hesitant to reply and Jongin thinks something is fishy again, but he doesn’t mention it. He also doesn’t know how to feel about the silence though, and when he lowers his head to look at the other, he’s just in time to see Baekhyun shift close and pull Jongin in for a hug.

 

Baekhyun nuzzles his face into the crook of Jongin’s neck and inhales a shaky breath which reflexively makes Jongin tighten his hold around Baekhyun. “Baekhyun—”

 

“Are you doing anything tonight?” Baekhyun’s breath fans over Jongin’s skin so lightly and warmly that the hair on his neck rises as a reaction.

 

“I’m all yours,” Jongin offers without a single hint of hesitation and ulterior motive.

 

“Could you stay the night?”

 

It wouldn’t be the first time Jongin’s stayed over Baekhyun’s place, but most of the time out of the twins’ sheer convenience and his own laziness, he stays over and the only times either of the brothers go over would be because they wanted to use his gym or dance studio.

 

Yet Baekhyun rarely ever offers anyone back home because that’s his own house away from his parents and because Kai always… made the decision.

 

Oh.

 

“I’ll stay over,” Jongin affirms, giving Baekhyun’s a couple light pats to let him know they’re reaching the last level. “And maybe then you’d be willing to share your troubles with me.”

 

Baekhyun gives a nod that wouldn’t be one if you didn’t notice, but because Jongin hasn’t stopped eyeing him thoughtfully, he catches the nod effortlessly. “Thank you for coming home with me. Now challenge me to dancing because we haven’t done it in ages.”

 

“Challenge accepted!”

 

 

 


beware!!!!!!!!!!! the next chapter would be a bonus, very short chapter!! i updated extra early because school is back so i wanna complete this book asap --- omg also, i'm so excited to see so many of you guys excited over this story LOL i'll miss this feeling when this book finishes ;u; buuut, thank you for your nice words so far,  and i hope you guys would like what's in store for y'all! ^^

yep i haven't proof read this chapter sorry u.u''