Surprise?

Idol Life with Kim Jonghyun

 “ He hasn't been coming home?” Hyoyeon asks. I nod with a frown as I help her wash dishes. Jonghyun hasn't been sleeping at our apartment for the past four days, his excuse is that he's hanging out with the members, but every time he tells me that, I get a sick feeling in my stomach. I've been staying with the members since I hate feeling alone in my apartment.

“ I feel like he's avoiding me, and I don't even know if he's mad or what I did wrong. It's making me paranoid.” I said as Hyoyeon sighs. I finish the dishes and go into the living room, sitting on the couch, propping my leg up. It's still in a cast, but I can walk with out crutches now. My phone buzzes, and I look at it, not being surprised that it's another text from Jonghyun saying that he's at the dorms. I huff and reply with a “ Ok.”. This is really irritating me! It's so weird to be apart from him for this long. I'm going to get to the bottom of this. No matter what.

~

“ That'll be 2.98.” I pay for my iced tea and sit by a window at the cafe I'm at. I haven't been able to track where Jonghyun is, but now I don't even care. If he wants to avoid me for some reason, then fine. Sipping my tea, I look around the room and spot a familiar head of brown hair. Jonghyun. My eyes widen slightly, but I stay where I am, his back is turned to me, and it seems like he doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

What is he doing?” I thought. Suddenly, the door of the cafe jingels, and a tall woman walks in with this huge bag. She scans around the room and then she walks to Jonghyun's table! She even sits down, and starts to talk to him. I can't make out what she's saying! All of the sudden they both stand up, and he hugs her tightly. My throat tightens, and tears sting in my eyes. He's cheating?

~

 

“ WHAT!?” Yuri exclaims. I wipe my eyes as I lay my head on Sunny's shoulder.

“ Jonghyun cheating!? That's insane! I can't believe him.” Sooyoung said. I shrug.

“ Why would he do that, he's crazy about you Mia.” Taeyeon said with her eyebrows furrowed.

“ I don't know. But this explains why he hasn't been at the house. He's probably with her.” I said as more tears run down my face. “ I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but that's what it seems like.”

“ It's okay, but you should really try to see what's really up. I really don't think he'd cheat on you.” Taeyeon said as she looks at me. I nod.

“ Speak of the devil.” I mutter as my phone buzzes.

 

Baby~ I want to see you! Meet me at the park? Jonghyun texted. I roll my eyes. I show the text to Sunny and she gasps.

“ Go, this way you can get answers.” She urged. I nod and agree to meet him. This will be interesting...

~

 

“ Babe~” Jonghyun said as I approach him. His eyes widen, and his smile fades when I reach him. “ Have you been crying? You're eyes are red and puffy.” He reaches out to cup my face but I back away.

“ Mia, talk to me please.” He pleads.

“ I want an explanation.” I said trying to control my voice.

“ For what?”

“ Are you cheating on me?” I said as his eyes nearly bulge out of his head.

“ Why would you think that?!” He asks.

“I saw you earlier today, at the cafe with a strange woman... And you hugged her..It looked like you really enjoyed it.” I reply flatly. He looks at me with his jaw out, then he shakes his head, a smile on his lips. I look at him with a glare.

“ Baby. You've got it all wrong. She's my cousin.” He said. I feel so stupid.

“ R-really? Then how come you've been avoiding me? You've never spent five whole days away from the house.” I said.

“ I-I wasn't avoiding you.” He sighs. “ I was preparing.”

“ For what?” Jonghyun looks at me with his eyes nearly twinkling, I stare at him in confusion.

“ I was away because I was preparing for something special. Something that would change our lives. My cousin works at a jewelry shop.” Jonghyun said as he puts his hands in his pockets. “ Mia, we've known each other for six years. We've had our ups and downs, we've fought and we've been in love. I love you with all my heart and soul, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you no matter what.” He pulls out a diamond ring. My eyes widen as I watch him kneel on one knee.

“ My love, will you marry me?”