SNSD

Idol Life with Kim Jonghyun

“ I'm replacing Jessica...Does this mean I have to learn all her lines and her dance choreography?”

 

“ Yes, and you are now the youngest instead of Seohyun.” My voice instructor says. I sit down and take in all of this.

 

“ Do they know? The other members?” I ask.

 

“ Yes. Most of them are excited for you to come.”

 

“ Most?” I gulp. That means not all of them will like me.

 

“ You'll be having a press conference in three says to announce you as the ninth member.” My voice instructor says. I nod as she dismisses me for the night.

As I walk to my car, all I can think of is if I'll get along with the other girls. I just hope they don't hate me.

 

* * *

 

Breath, Mia. You can do this.” I thought as I walk with my new manager to meet SNSD. I'm very good friends with Sunny and Yoona. I haven't really met the others, but I know of them.

 

“ We're here girls.” Manager-ssi says as the others come. Sunny runs up to me and hugs me.

 

“ It's great to see you Mia!” She says as I grin.

“ You too unnie!” I reply as I bow to the others. “ Annyongseyo, I'm Mia.”

Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri came up an hugged me.

“ It's great to meet you!” Yuri says with a smile.

“ I can't believe you're our maknae now!” Hyoyeon says.

Seohyun comes and formally greets me, so does Tiffany. I look and see Taeyeon quietly eying me. I walk to her and greet her. She smiles slightly and says hello before going back to being quiet.

 

“ Alright. Now that you all have met, here is how this whole thing is going to go down. This afternoon you all will practice all of your old songs with Mia, like Genie, Hoot, Gee ect. Then tomorrow, the nine of you will go to the salon in preparation for the press conference.” Manager-ssi says as we all nod. I can't help but feel super excited. I pull out my phone and text Jonghyun.

 

-Hey oppa! I'm going to be dancing today. I'll be home later tonight! Can't wait to tell you all about it! I love you!

 

His reply almost came immediately.

- That's great jagi! Make sure you stretch! I love you too!

 

Manager-ssi hands me my SM I.D as we head to the practice rooms. My eyes catch onto the familiar blue sky paint with the clouds. I can't help but smile.

 

“ We'll start with Genie.” Taeyeon says as she sets up the ipod. I tie my shoelaces and stretch with the other members.

 

“ I actually know this one, and coincidently I know Jessica's parts.” I say. Sunny gives me a confused look. “ I learned the dance before.”

 

“ Oh, then this should be easy for you then!” Sooyoung says smiling as we finish stretching. Taeyeon puts on the the music and we start. For the rest of the day the nine of us continue to practice and get to know each other.

 

That night, I walk into the apartment super tired. The minute I walk in I smell something delicious. I look into the kitchen to find Jonghyun at the stove. I tip toe to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning my head on his shoulder.

 

“ Jagi! You surprised me!” He says. I laugh and kiss his cheek. “ How was practice?”

 

“ It was really fun. I'm getting along with everyone.” I say as he finishes frying something.

 

“ That's good! How do you think the press conference will go?” Jonghyun asks as he pours some rice into two bowls. I bite my lip nervously.

 

“ I dunno...I'm really nervous about it actually..” I say as I grab two glasses from a cupboard.

 

“ I'm sure you'll do fine. Plus, you are amazing at everything! I'm sure the fans will love you.” He says as we go to our table. I hum in response. We sit down to eat and I can tell Jonghyun is sensing something off.

 

“ You sure you're okay?” He asks his eyebrows furrowed. I sigh.

 

“ No. It's just. What if I get a lot of hate because I'm replacing a member. I mean Jessica has been doing this for like six/seven years. What if I don't do good? What if I embarrass myself on stage?” I say. Jonghyun grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

 

“ Mia. You are going to do great. You are really strong and brave and you can do this! I want you to be successful and happy! Just like you cheered me on when we had to be apart for almost three years, I'll cheer you on.” Jonghyun says staring into my eyes. I can't help but smile. I lean over and peck his lips. He smiles before deepening the kiss. I pull away slightly flushed.

 

“ Thank you oppa.” I say.

 

After we cleaned up, we ending up watching a movie on the couch. What a nice way to end the night.

 

_~_~_~_~_~_~

 


“ YOU WANT ME TO GO BLOND!?”