Press Conference

Idol Life with Kim Jonghyun

 

“ I can't go blond! What if I look really bad!?” Yoona exclaims. Today we're at a salon in town and everyone is getting different hair cuts and colors. I'm getting my hair dyed dark purple red and t it.

 

“ You'll look amazing unnie!” Seohyun said as Yoona sighs. I smile as I text Jonghyun while my hair is getting colored.

 

“ Oooh, who are you texting maknae? Is it Jonghyun?” Yuri asks sitting next to me. I blush slightly.

 

“ Yeah....” I reply shyly.

 

“ I can't believe our maknae has a boyfriend and I don't.” Yoona said. Tiffany laughs from across the room.

 

“ Yoona, you could get any guy you want if you weren't so picky! You did go out with Lee Seung Gi!” Tiffany said.

 

“Ugh, he was too full of himself.” Yoona mumbles. I can't help but giggle at the older girls bickering. I look back down at my phone and notice Jonghyun sent me a picture. I open it and see Jjong laying on our bed smiling. I blush and text him saying: Don't tease. My stylist comes back to me and says it's time to wash my hair. After my gets washed and styled, I look at it and smile.

 

“ Woah. It looks so good!” Sunny said with a grin. I smile.

 

“ Yours looks amazing too unnie! I didn't know red suited you so well!” I said. We all finish a little after one o'clock and we all go to lunch. I put on a disguise and so do the other girls. SM doesn't want any pictures taken of us until the press conference.

 

“ Is there anything I should know about tomorrow's press conference?” I ask the members.

 

“ Well, for one try to be yourself.” Tiffany said.

 

“ Oh and if they ask anything about Jonghyun and you just give basic information.” Yoona pipes up.

 

“ And make sure to be careful about what you say. Sometimes when people translate our meetings they misinterpret things.” Taeyeon speaks from the other side of the table. I nod at them and play with my hands nervously.

 

“ Mia? What's the matter?” Sunny asks.

 

“Oh, I'm just nervous...I don't want the fans to hate me because I'm not Jessica. And I don't know if I'll mess up.” I say. Everyone gets quiet and looks at me.

 

“ Mia. First of all, you should know that Jessica left because she wanted to do something else. She wanted to explore the fashion world. We all excepted that and wished her good luck. The fans are really upset but they shouldn't be hating anyone because of it.” Tiffany said smiling.

 

“Besides, you'll do great! You are amazing at our dances and you deserve Jessica's singing parts because you're that good.” Hyoyeon said as Sooyoung give me a thumbs up.

I can't help but grin at my members. Now I officially feel like one of them.

 

~

 

“ Jong? I'm home.” I said as I walked into the apartment. “ Oppa?”

 

“ In the bedroom.” He calls. I walk to our bedroom and see him on his phone, laying on the bed.

 

“ How was your da- Jonghyun's jaw drops when he sees me. I grin at him.

 

“ Woah.. you're hair.” Jonghyun starts. I laugh at his expression. I didn't send him a picture when I had it done since I wanted to surprise him.

 

“ What do you think?” I ask twirling around. Jonghyun jumps off the bed, grabbing me by my waist and picking me up. He swings around with a smile.

 

“ You're beautiful! It's really y.” Jonghyun said with a smirk. I laugh as I peck his nose.

 

“ I'm glad you think so. I have the conference tomorrow though. So keep your special thoughts to yourself.” I say going into the closet to get my pajamas. Jonghyun comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

 

“Jonghyun.” I say in warning tone.

 

“What?! I'm just hugging you! Can't I hug my girlfriend?” He asks. I roll my eyes but smile. He's so adorable.

 

~

 

“ Annyongseyo! We're Girls' Generation!” We all say the next day. It's the press conference and we all are sitting at a table in the middle of a stage. From Taeyeon to me everyone was sitting in order to oldest to youngest. As Seohyun introduces herself, I brace myself for the reactions when I say my into. The microphone gets passed to me.

 

“ Annyongseyo. I'm ninth member and maknae Miyah. I hope we all get along well.” I say bowing slightly. SM decided to re-spell my name so it looks better than just Mia. I gulp as the photographers take a bunch of pictures.

 

“ We have gotten a lot of questions from the fans, so lets get started.” The Mc said. “ First for Miyah ssi! A fan says: “ Unnie! I'm excited for your debut, I've seen your dancing on youtube. My question is how is it being a foreigner and being accepted into SM?”

 

“ It's rather amazing actually. I never thought I would get in, especially into Girls' Generation.” I reply.

 

“ Another fan asks: “ How does it feel just debuting and also dating an idol?” The Mc asks.

 

“ It'll be a challenge, but I hope that the fans will continue supporting the both of us.”

 

The questions keep coming and coming and it seems like the fans are really accepting so far. After the press conference, we all go to our van. As we walk to the van, I'm in the back of the group. Suddenly something hits my forehead. I wince and notice a rock was thrown. My eyes widen as I look up from where it was thrown. I gulp.

 

Sasaeng fans.