Secrets Don't Make Friends

Idol Life with Kim Jonghyun

 “ Jonghyun, you need to relax. You've been babying me all day.” I said. It's been only three days since I've escaped the hospital, and Jonghyun has been waiting on my hand and foot. I adore him for it, but I want him to be able to take a break.

“ Babe, I need you to be well rested. You do have to showcase Lion Heart tonight.” He reminded me. Even with my broken leg, I will be sitting on the side of the stage so I can sing along with the other members.

“ I'll be fine, I need you to be well rested! You have to DJ tonight.” I reply. He rolls his eyes, giving me a cup of coffee.

“ But all I have to do is talk. You actually have to sing.” He argued, as I sigh but smile at him. The door bell rings and Jonghyun jumps up to answer it. Sunny, Yuri, and Hyoyeon walk into the apartment not to long after.

“ We have more gifts from the fans.” Yuri said as Sunny pulled in a bag, which is full of letters and other things. I've been getting so much stuff, I literally cried the other day at how thoughtful all the fans are. SM is still trying to find the gang of saesangs, apparently they're going to sue them for injuring me. But so far they haven't found anyone, and my members, Jonghyun, and even SHINee won't let me go anywhere alone anymore. Although it gets a little irritating, I can't help but be thankful.

“ Thank you. Could you just leave it over there? I still have to read the ones from last time.” I said as I sit up in my bed. I swing my good leg over the side of the bed, and Jonghyun walks over to me to help me up. I get on my crutches and walk over to the two bags filled with fan letters.

“ Woah... this is a lot...” I said mostly to my self.

“ Yeah it is! Now c'mon, it's time for rehearsal!” Sunny said leading me out the door. Jonghyun grabs my medicine and heads out with us.

“ Oh, and you're going to do good.” Yuri said as we get into the van. “ Don't worry about the dance okay? Just make sure you sing well.”

“ Okay, no pressure..” I mutter as everyone laughs.

~

 

“ You were awesome out there!!” Tiffany said after we finished our first Lion Heart Performance. I smile widely as I take a seat in our waiting room.

“ Thanks Tiff. I was just focusing on the singing. Once my leg is better, I'll try to nail the choreo too!” I said as she laughs.

“ I can't believe how good we did! Even if I did mess up toward the end.” Seohyun said. I laugh.

“ Unnie, you couldn't even tell. Don't worry about it!” I said as she gave me a smile. I get a text from Jonghyun, its a picture of him in his studio.

 

baby~ I miss you. Are you doing okay?

I'm great. I'll see you at home! Don't get in trouble texting me! I reply instantly with a grin. Sunny drives me home and I get into the house exhausted. I lay carefully on my bed, but I notice something on my desk. I get up and get the letter on my desk. It's from Jonghyun.

 

“ Babe~ I won't be home till late. Get some rest, and I'll be here in the morning. I love you.” I smile, but there's something odd about the letter. Jonghyun's radio show should've been over two hours ago. What is he hiding?